Trade Proposals

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
My guess is greatly improved offence from one OA & 19 yr old for Hamilton; but with a PP qb included.
So, Luchuk & Day (allows that?); or,
Smerek & Caamano
Landry is the player most likely sent the other way, imo. If Roberts goes too, picks won’t be many. That makes sense for Flint.

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
If the rumoured Windsor- Hamilton trade goes down for Logan Brown, what does everybody think the return will be?

My guess:
To Hamiton:
Logan Brown
Aaron Luchuk

To Windsor:
Connor Roberts
4 x 2nd round picks
2 x 3rd round picks
2 x 5th round picks
Sounds about right if it happened

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Logan Brown can get a 16 year old in return. Would Windsor deal him before having the chance to explore that? I don't see Roberts being the player that makes Windsor sell Brown this early.

The Flint-Hamilton stuff makes the most sense to me. Flint has 3 OA's better then Templeton and it's just a matter of time before they move Caamano.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If the rumoured Windsor- Hamilton trade goes down for Logan Brown, what does everybody think the return will be?

My guess:
To Hamiton:
Logan Brown
Aaron Luchuk

To Windsor:
Connor Roberts
4 x 2nd round picks
2 x 3rd round picks
2 x 5th round picks

I’m not too sure teams will be that willing to invest big in Brown and Luchuk.

Brown has had that history of injury which I think is worrisome considering the price. Luchuk is only 2 months into a dream season. Players that don’t tend to have the pedigree fall off the cliff when they change teams.

I think anyone trading for Luchuk has to bank on getting a 60 point player, especially if it is a contending team. He won’t get near as much ice on a contending team which will limit his scoring to something closer to last season when they were a contender. If that team gets more than that, it would be a bonus but any GM expecting to get a 100+ point player out of Luchuk on a new team is probably going to be disappointed.

If I were parting ways with that type of package, I’d be looking more at Raddysh 100%.

Reactions: ScoresFromCentre

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I would like the knights to add purboo from windsor for a 3rd and cond 4th. Very effective bottom 6.

Add Brady Gilmour for two 2nds. Rounds out the top 6 well.

Aquire Haugue for two 2nds (Top 4pairing Dman with Collins)

Offload Golden for a third.

Bring on Mete. chances are good.

Campaign hard for Tkachuk. though likely not coming

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I would like the knights to add purboo from windsor for a 3rd and cond 4th. Very effective bottom 6.

Add Brady Gilmour for two 2nds. Rounds out the top 6 well.

Aquire Haugue for two 2nds (Top 4pairing Dman with Collins)

Offload Golden for a third.

Bring on Mete. chances are good.

Campaign hard for Tkachuk. though likely not coming

Haugue? Can’t be Nicolas Hague (Miss) for two 2nds?

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
I’m not too sure teams will be that willing to invest big in Brown and Luchuk.

Brown has had that history of injury which I think is worrisome considering the price. Luchuk is only 2 months into a dream season. Players that don’t tend to have the pedigree fall off the cliff when they change teams.

I think anyone trading for Luchuk has to bank on getting a 60 point player, especially if it is a contending team. He won’t get near as much ice on a contending team which will limit his scoring to something closer to last season when they were a contender. If that team gets more than that, it would be a bonus but any GM expecting to get a 100+ point player out of Luchuk on a new team is probably going to be disappointed.

If I were parting ways with that type of package, I’d be looking more at Raddysh 100%.

Came here to say just this. (Though not as succinctly and eloquently!) I wouldn't move a 16-year-old for Brown. Maybe an intriguing 17-year-old, but Windsor will (or should) want picks, anyway. As for Luchuk, Michael D'Orazio returned three mid-range seconds in 2011 and non-Knights fans screamed bloody murder. That has to be Luchuk's ceiling.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Thanks for that. I’ve been trying to come up with that knights player as an example of how much an OA could cammand if the market is right even before several years of inflationary value in picks

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Came here to say just this. (Though not as succinctly and eloquently!) I wouldn't move a 16-year-old for Brown. Maybe an intriguing 17-year-old, but Windsor will (or should) want picks, anyway. As for Luchuk, Michael D'Orazio returned three mid-range seconds in 2011 and non-Knights fans screamed bloody murder. That has to be Luchuk's ceiling.

Sam Studnicka is a decent example, albeit not identical. Studnicka was a point per game OA for the 67’s when he was packaged with Konecny on route tot he Sting. Studnicka was a 35 point player as a 19 year old and was having a strong OA year with Ottawa. He went from a point per game to half a point per game with Sarnia because Sarnia had depth that forced Studnicka down the roster.

I find a parallel here with Luchuk. Even though he is a point and a half per game player right now, actually maybe even slightly better than that, any team trading for him will not expect that so they will trade and give value based on what they feel he will do for their roster, not what he is doing with Windsors.

So, when Konecny and Studnicka were packaged to Sarnia, most felt they had a grasp on the value of Konecny so really Studnicka went for a 2nd round pick.

I think Luchuk is fine. I’d like him to be on Ottawa. But I cannot justify paying two 2nds and two 3rds for a player that wouldn’t be worth it when he switched teams. A 2nd and 3rd, sure. Maybe even two 2nds if the 2nds were going to be back half of the draft.

Reactions: aresknights

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Fair enough add a second and golden

I highly doubt Missy will be in seller mode. Now that their big guns are all back from the NHL stints, Missy is probably the class of the Eastern Conference.

But, to satisfy hypotheticals, I think Hague would be very equatable to Raddysh in value on the trade front. That means Missy would start with the 2017 First Rounder plus some added picks and if that isn’t possible they’d probably be in the range of three 2nds, three 3rds a 5th or two and a 17 year old D-Man that projects to be a 2nd pairing guy as a 19 year old.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Fair enough if McCleod’s would accept a trade as well; and, Miss did not need to get to conference final to maybe break even :)

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Sam Studnicka is a decent example, albeit not identical. Studnicka was a point per game OA for the 67’s when he was packaged with Konecny on route tot he Sting. Studnicka was a 35 point player as a 19 year old and was having a strong OA year with Ottawa. He went from a point per game to half a point per game with Sarnia because Sarnia had depth that forced Studnicka down the roster.

I find a parallel here with Luchuk. Even though he is a point and a half per game player right now, actually maybe even slightly better than that, any team trading for him will not expect that so they will trade and give value based on what they feel he will do for their roster, not what he is doing with Windsors.

So, when Konecny and Studnicka were packaged to Sarnia, most felt they had a grasp on the value of Konecny so really Studnicka went for a 2nd round pick.

I think Luchuk is fine. I’d like him to be on Ottawa. But I cannot justify paying two 2nds and two 3rds for a player that wouldn’t be worth it when he switched teams. A 2nd and 3rd, sure. Maybe even two 2nds if the 2nds were going to be back half of the draft.
how about Foegele to Erie

Foegele was a ppg guy for Kingston in his 1st year. Had similar start last year before erie got him for a 3rd and Neumann. Foegele also had the being drafted in NHL tag. If some want to try and say Luchuk adds value as center and defense/two way game ...then look at foegele last year.

i agree with the above poster that it is more likely that he falls off after a trade then he is to keep his pace and be a 100pt guy. A 2nd and 2 3rds seems like the higher end price. And thats because some team will pay that based off his points.

I just think you are what you are at this point in your career. Certainly being the oldest among boys gives you some edge but you are in this league as an OA for a reason. Luckuk is good but someone like Foegele had more skills. He's on a hot streak (albeit long) You cant just look at points when evaluating.
Cordell James is another example of this. He went for just a 4th round pick. Had 44pts the year before in Barrie (similar to Luckuk). Now the difference is his hot streak was after trade but he started out in OS with a stretch of 12gp and 10g 8a. Eventually he cooled off and returned to who he was as a career player. Just 5pts in 17gp in playoffs

another example - Dane Fox's OA year. First 35 games he had 41 goals 67 points . 1.91ppg.
rest of the season he had 23g and 40 points in 32 games. falling down to 1.25ppg.

Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Raddysh and Sambrook for Foudy + Golden and three 2nds and 3rd.

i hope you are kidding lol

I dont really want Foudy. He is a 2000 and not a good 2000 at this point.

Raddysh is worth 2 2nds 2 3rds and top player (minimum). If Foudy is that player for you then throw in AT LEAST another 2nd and some 4ths. Sambrook is worth probably a 2nd and 2 3rds (minimum). Look at what you guys paid for Stephens. More than that above offer imo. And Raddysh > Stephens. And Sambrook is a top 2/3 defender that adds offense. Give me a break

So you are about 3/4 high round picks and a better young player away from Erie even answering the phone

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
i hope you are kidding lol

I dont really want Foudy. He is a 2000 and not a good 2000 at this point.

Raddysh is worth 2 2nds 2 3rds and top player (minimum). If Foudy is that player for you then throw in AT LEAST another 2nd and some 4ths. Sambrook is worth probably a 2nd and 2 3rds (minimum). Look at what you guys paid for Stephens. More than that above offer imo. And Raddysh > Stephens. And Sambrook is a top 2/3 defender that adds offense. Give me a break

So you are about 3/4 high round picks and a better young player away from Erie even answering the phone
Are you the GM?

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
In-division premium for London trading with Erie, too. Hard to imagine London paying those prices. I think Raddysh and/or Sambrook to London is a non-starter. Maybe a cheaper piece like a Headrick, but I doubt it.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Raddysh is not Stephens... but regardless of that' what you think Erie needs to let go of those two the I think you will see them stay in Erie forì the year. I believe there are too many other options available this year Day and Brown, Mckenzie and Dineen etc.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Raddysh is not Stephens... but regardless of that' what you think Erie needs to let go of those two the I think you will see them stay in Erie forì the year. I believe there are too many other options available this year Day and Brown, Mckenzie and Dineen etc.

It doesn’t matter what other options are. It only matters what options teams most want.

I think Raddysh is the #1 option. He won’t get moved until after the WJHC and if he has a solid tourney, his value will rise significantly.

Last year there were three forwards that all seemed to be at the same level but offered slightly different skill sets. There were three forwards and three teams fighting over the three forwards. I think that may have slightly affected the value.

This year MAY be different. At least four teams in the East should be buyers. Looks like at least three in the West will be buyers. Things could get sticky.

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit

This year MAY be different. At least four teams in the East should be buyers. Looks like at least three in the West will be buyers. Things could get sticky.

Personally I can see those picks being closer to 1-3 years away. D'Orazio was never a high end player. Factor in the cost of inflation as OMG stated, this is turning into a buyers market.

Again Studnicka and Luchuk are not even on the same plane. Luchuk, last year was producing almost 1/ppg on a checking 3rd line. If he drops down the depth chart on a contender you can expect him to produce those numbers. I have watch him over the years and what you see is what you get. I guess he should change his name to Aaron Noluvchuk.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Personally I can see those picks being closer to 1-3 years away. D'Orazio was never a high end player. Factor in the cost of inflation as OMG stated, this is turning into a buyers market.

Again Studnicka and Luchuk are not even on the same plane. Luchuk, last year was producing almost 1/ppg on a checking 3rd line. If he drops down the depth chart on a contender you can expect him to produce those numbers. I have watch him over the years and what you see is what you get. I guess he should change his name to Aaron Noluvchuk.

That is my point. Studnicka was a half a point per game player prior to his OA year playing a third line role. HE goes to Sarnia and plays further down the depth chart and reverts back to his half a point per game pace. Same with Luchuk. On a contender, he will play further down the depth chart and revert back to his point per game pace. Therefore, a contending team will not pay for a 100+ point player only to put the player further down the depth chart and produce at a 60 point pace. If they buy a 100 point player and pay that price, that player needs to play first line and first PP unit. I am not sure Luchuk would be that player on a contender.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
That is my point. Studnicka was a half a point per game player prior to his OA year playing a third line role. HE goes to Sarnia and plays further down the depth chart and reverts back to his half a point per game pace. Same with Luchuk. On a contender, he will play further down the depth chart and revert back to his point per game pace. Therefore, a contending team will not pay for a 100+ point player only to put the player further down the depth chart and produce at a 60 point pace. If they buy a 100 point player and pay that price, that player needs to play first line and first PP unit. I am not sure Luchuk would be that player on a contender.
On any legitimate contending team there needs to be a 1a and 1b line - Luchuk would center the 1b line.

Reactions: ottersguy

NOA

Apr 17, 2015

No you are right, Raddysh is not Stephens - he is more valuable. There are only so many 100 point players in the league each year. Scoring and offense is this league. Stephens/Cirelli were great ohl players but offense and points goes for more. If you want to call them the same price, then go ahead. But Raddysh should not be considered cheaper or less than Stephens. And by the looks of watching Raddysh this year, he plays a close to complete game. Strong use of big body as well. He will have success wherever he goes

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
It doesn’t matter what other options are. It only matters what options teams most want.

I think Raddysh is the #1 option. He won’t get moved until after the WJHC and if he has a solid tourney, his value will rise significantly.

Last year there were three forwards that all seemed to be at the same level but offered slightly different skill sets. There were three forwards and three teams fighting over the three forwards. I think that may have slightly affected the value.

interesting point - if raddysh is valued the most by even half the teams "going for it" well then he will demand the price. There are more teams possibly going for it then i think people realize. Partly because there is no clear cut favorite. And there are some teams who arent but dont need to sell off, such as Saginaw, and Oshawa

Most have to agree that of available forwards, Raddysh/Brown have to be considered top 2. Yes Team A can go out and get Luckuk for 3/4 high end picks and fill their OA spot. Or they can spend 1/2 more picks and a young player (who isnt going to help them win this year anyways) for Raddysh who is much more dependable and more skilled than Luckuk. And then go and add a cheaper OA. But if teams want to win, and i assume that is the goal for teams buying, then you want the best player so nobody else can have him

dont think the value was impacted last year even with multiple big name forwards moved. Look at the price for Nikita out of Sarnia. Cirelli went for a stud 2000. Stephens for 4 seconds and some thirds. Bracco only was "cheap" because he dictated the terms

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
To Hamilton: Kyle Maksimovich (Hometown boy)
To Erie: 2nd, 3rd

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2