Trade Proposals

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Weird, thought Sarnia had the number one spot in the CHL :huh:

I put more stock into winning games than arbitrary CHL rankings, but your point has been made. To restate, playing on a very good team should be all of the incentive that Raddysh needs to approve a trade.

Reactions: HF92 and Ferda11

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Fowler, couple 2 2nd rounds , conditional picks. That could definetly interest Erie for Raddysh.

I hear talk that Raddysh and Katchouk have been keeping close contact, i wonder if the NTC comes into effect for Taylor , if he WANTS to be in SSM.

Tha Tampa bay connection has to be enticing
I dont see raddysh using his NTC at all. He very well could but if he has the opportunity to go play for a team that can make another run he seems like the guy that would gladly go, regardless of team. Combine that with the Raddysh family being connected to erie and Dave Brown for 5.5 years. The family is humble and classy and Taylor understands what Dave did last year in particular to chase a title. He knows we need the assets. I see him telling Dave he will go anywhere that Dave feels is the best offer. That's just the type of guy Taylor is. Not a diva. Besides it would be a move that only lasts 3 to 5 months

Reactions: HF92

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
London Knights Current Assets:
2018 2nd, 3-2018 3rds, 2018 4th, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd, 2-2020 2nds, 2020 3rd, 2022 2nd, 2022, 3rd, 2023 3rd, 2024 2nd, Lucas Rowe, Liam Foudy, Billy Moskal, Richard Whittaker, Harrison Cottam, Josh Nelson,Cole Tymkin, Alex Turko, Jacob Golden, Tim Fallowfield, Tyler Rollo(OA)

with the above assets could the Knights trade for a some of these players listed: Taylor Raddysh, Aaron Luchuk, Jalen Smereck(OA), Brent Mckenzie(OA), Justin Brazeau, Cam Dineen, Riley Stillman, Matt Brassard, Logan Brown, Sean Day, Dimtry Sokolov(Import),Michael Pezzetta, Cole Candella

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
We don’t get to have nice things very often...let us roll with this please lol.

Yeah, fans of non-contending teams need to get on this Sarnia bandwagon. Sting fans deserve a deep run! They've won one playoff series in the modern OHL. London has won 27.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Raddysh and Headrick to SSM after the WJC are over make a lot of sense to me. Maybe Fowler and three 2nds? Headrick the hometown boy, slick puck moving RD that would really cement SSM's d-core, and they have an open OA spot. Raddysh is possibly the best forward that will be on the market and from what I've read from some SSM fans it seems like he'd be a good fit. He's turned into a great all-around player and has championship experience.

I think this is a deal the Otters would be satisfied with while SSM would add two terrific players for a championship run without completely breaking the bank.

Reactions: ScoresFromCentre

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
London Knights Current Assets:
2018 2nd, 3-2018 3rds, 2018 4th, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd, 2-2020 2nds, 2020 3rd, 2022 2nd, 2022, 3rd, 2023 3rd, 2024 2nd, Lucas Rowe, Liam Foudy, Billy Moskal, Richard Whittaker, Harrison Cottam, Josh Nelson,Cole Tymkin, Alex Turko, Jacob Golden, Tim Fallowfield, Tyler Rollo(OA)

with the above assets could the Knights trade for a some of these players listed: Taylor Raddysh, Aaron Luchuk, Jalen Smereck(OA), Brent Mckenzie(OA), Justin Brazeau, Cam Dineen, Riley Stillman, Matt Brassard, Logan Brown, Sean Day, Dimtry Sokolov(Import),Michael Pezzetta, Cole Candella
You have to give up top London prospects to get high end vets. Are the players you mentioned above in that category?

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Raddysh and Headrick to SSM after the WJC are over make a lot of sense to me. Maybe Fowler and three 2nds? Headrick the hometown boy, slick puck moving RD that would really cement SSM's d-core, and they have an open OA spot. Raddysh is possibly the best forward that will be on the market and from what I've read from some SSM fans it seems like he'd be a good fit. He's turned into a great all-around player and has championship experience.

I think this is a deal the Otters would be satisfied with while SSM would add two terrific players for a championship run without completely breaking the bank.

from what I heard, Raddysh to Sarnia is making a lot of sense. It is far too early right now but then again the Cirelli "rumors" that everyone laughed off in mid-december were 100 percent true. And I dont think that was just guessing when initial rumors came out seeing as how a) erie had limited assets and b) who even knew they would be interested in Cirelli

So i have to listen to the Sarnia/Raddysh rumors as maybe having some life. But Erie surely wont try to make a move until they can get a 2001. But much like Cirelli/Oshawa last year (where they were far more interested in McShane over Foudy - VERY smart btw - thus london, who had much more ammo with picks, couldnt sway Cirelli) ... Erie would be wise to trade Raddysh to whoever offers the better 2001 not whoever offers better picks. Picks are important but 2nd/3rd rounders are hardly sure bets and hardly superstars. Meanwhile, after losing McShane they can recoup a "superstar" 2001. Ideally, 2-3 teams get involved with Raddysh move and dangle their 2001. Then Erie can sort of pick which 2001 they want

As for the picks - the 3 seconds and Fowler make sense for just Raddysh. But I don't think Erie is giving away Headrick for nothing. Once Sambrook is traded, in with the move of Fergus already done, Erie needs some stability. Headrick, given his skating and offensive ability, should be worth like a 3rd and 4th. Or something in that range. But unless Erie cant get at least a 3rd or even just 1 second for Headrick - I am not pulling the trigger.

Last edited:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Sarnia won’t be dealing Rees. No way in hell.

You could have made that case about Erie with McShane last season and they still did it because they saw a chance to go all-in for a title.

If Erie moves Raddysh and doesn't get a 2001 forward in return I will be pretty displeased.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Sarnia won’t be dealing Rees. No way in hell.

well then they wont land Raddysh or Brown. And though might not bite them in the ass come playoff time ... it probably will. SSM adds Raddsyh and maybe more, they will leap frog Sarnia. If OS were to add a better goalie (especially Dipietro) and maybe a top 6 forward, they are more poised for a run. Don't forget London/Kitchener and Eastern teams making moves. Reality is that teams who buy cheap usually regret it - ask OS last year. Ask Erie in 2013-14. And usually teams that add the stars, not just a collection of solid players, win. Guelph in 2013-14 made the biggest splash. Erie/London last year.

Sarnia has 5 seconds until 2022. But just 2 thirds. They could scoop a nice, cheaper priced, forward instead of a Raddysh like piece. But it will still cost at least 2/3 of those picks. Caamano/Moore went for former 2000 first rounder Roberts and 1 second, 2 thirds.
And like I said, those "cheaper" moves probably wont be enough if SSM one upped you with a Raddysh move. Got to spend to get. And someone will be willing to spend. Imo the only asset Sarnia has that can get Raddysh is Rees. I know Sarnia doesnt want to move him but erie didnt want to move McShane. If you are going to make a championship run, Rees can't be in your top 6 anyways. Probably shouldn't really be in your top 9. Hurts the future but you dont need him to win this year. So if you actually want to win this year, you have to buy big

Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
You could have made that case about Erie with McShane last season and they still did it because they saw a chance to go all-in for a title.

If Erie moves Raddysh and doesn't get a 2001 forward in return I will be pretty displeased.

I personally don't see it with Erie NOT getting an 01, because like Erie last year - Sarnia, SSM, OS are sort of limited with picks. They cant afford 7/8 picks for Raddysh. But they can afford 3/4 picks and a 2001 for him and then using the remaining picks to fix another area of need on their team. Someone will likely pay a 2001 for him. Like I said, I would rather have the Cirelli trade (basically not many picks but McShane) vs Stephens (tons of picks, no player).

Last edited:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Not sure why a few of you seem to think Sarnia needs Raddysh or Brown. What they need is D. They need a Dineen or Day. Sarnia has a luxury most teams don’t...and that’s depth. Their forward group is the deepest in the league.

Sarnia’s struggles are in the defensive zone not being able to settle down the play and move the puck up the ice. Too much mad scrambles in our own end that lead to prime scoring chances for the opponent. A puck moving d man is what Sarnia needs more then anything by far.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Not sure why a few of you seem to think Sarnia needs Raddysh or Brown. What they need is D. They need a Dineen or Day. Sarnia has a luxury most teams don’t...and that’s depth. Their forward group is the deepest in the league.

Sarnia’s struggles are in the defensive zone not being able to settle down the play and move the puck up the ice. Too much mad scrambles in our own end that lead to prime scoring chances for the opponent. A puck moving d man is what Sarnia needs more then anything by far.
my initial response to this is that SSM has better defense and similar depth currently.
Yes Sarnia is good right now but this is november. Championship teams are assembled through trades as well. And no team right now would really give last year's Erie, and in my opinion London/OS, a run for their money. They are all good but I don't see it as elite right now

SSM or OS adds Raddysh and Sarnia makes no top counter moves on offense, those teams will have more depth/better firepower up front. And if OS adds that netminder they are in better shape. And if London gets Mete back and starts buying,.. look out. Yeah sure Sarnia doesnt really need Raddysh or Brown now, but if the other top teams add those guys (and they probably will if Sarnia doesnt) then Sarnia can no longer claim they have the best offense. SSM supposedly had the deepest/most explosive offense last year...until Erie added Cirelli/Foegele and SSM did nothing.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
my initial response to this is that SSM has better defense and similar depth currently.
Yes Sarnia is good right now but this is november. Championship teams are assembled through trades as well. And no team right now would really give last year's Erie, and in my opinion London/OS from a run for their money. They are all good but I don't see it as elite right now

SSM or OS adds Raddysh and Sarnia makes no top counter moves on offense, those teams will have more depth/better firepower up front. And if OS adds that netminder they are in better shape. And if London gets Mete back and starts buying,.. look out. Yeah sure Sarnia doesnt really need Raddysh or Brown now, but if the other top teams add those guys (and they probably will if Sarnia doesnt) then Sarnia can no longer claim they have the best offense. SSM supposedly had the deepest/most explosive offense last year...until Erie added Cirelli/Foegele and SSM did nothing.
Sorry to burst that big bubble but I think the SOO team presently assembled would have given Erie a run and possible beat last years squad:popcorn:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Sorry to burst that big bubble but I think the SOO team presently assembled would have given Erie a run and possible beat last years squad:popcorn:

debate for another day and pointless..but probably not. SSM is good but like every team, every year, they arent winning a championship unless they make trades. They would not have the firepower to match up to Erie last year. Probably not even OS. And maybe not even Parsons and London the way that kid stood on his head in the playoffs. Parsons was as good as I have ever seen at the junior hockey level. I'll never forget how great that kid was. WoW
Yes, if SSM adds 2 big pieces by January. ... I will surely be all in on them being in that elite category. But right now? stop. Sometimes all you need to look at are stats. SSM with 6 forwards over 0.58 ppg, 3 over 1.00 ppg. Erie last year with 8 forwards over 0.82 ppg and 5 forwards over 1.00. Also the Debrincat impact. Let's not get crazy now and forget how much erie dominated puck possession. They just had horrible goaltending form March-May. Yet were a goal away from overcoming that..because thats how good they were in every other area.

Reactions: dirty12

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Yes Sarnia is good right now but this is november. Championship teams are assembled through trades as well. And no team right now would really give last year's Erie, and in my opinion London/OS, a run for their money. They are all good but I don't see it as elite right now

Peddling your own agenda will not improve return on your players unfortunately.

... unrelated but a package of burghardt and dineen would plug both holes :naughty:

Reactions: Generalsupdates

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Peddling your own agenda will not improve return on your players unfortunately.

... unrelated but a package of burghardt and dineen would plug both holes :naughty:

too bad thats not what I am doing. I would say that same if this topic was about Logan Brown, another top tier player available. Top players are sought after, top players cost assets. Some team will pay. Why? because thats how you win

I just happen to have some inside knowledge of the last 4 years, where Erie simply didnt make the right or the big moves from 2013-2016. They choked. Whether it was Guelph in 2013-14, Oshawa in 2015, Erie in 2017, London in 2012. You have to buy big to win or someone else will. London seems to be the only team that in recent years, since the trade market grew into what it is today, who has been able to win without those huge moves. But their huge moves comes in the form of FA/college commits. Other teams cant do that so they need those big moves. Buying big doesnt guarantee you anything but buying cheap is more than likely going to blow up in your face.
Its pretty simple math -
Team X,Y,Z are all pretty close in November/December but Team X makes huge moves, Team Y does little, and Team Z does nothing - what do you think will happen? In most cases Team Y/Z wont win a title. Team X will surely be in better position.

I am not trying to be a homer and claim that "Raddysh Is so darn good he will win y'all sarnia fans a title and he will cost you 10000 picks and players"
sorry if I came across that way. Whether it is Brown/Raddysh this year, Stephens/Cirelli last year, Robert Thomas next year - those players just demand a lot. But if you want to win, you just have to pay the price. Its the way the league works. I hate it, its unfortunate.

But this is the league: buy big or sell. Dont stand pat or make cheap moves. Can we at least agree on this?

Last edited:
Reactions: aresknights

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
debate for another day and pointless..but probably not. SSM is good but like every team, every year, they arent winning a championship unless they make trades. They would not have the firepower to match up to Erie last year. Probably not even OS. And maybe not even Parsons and London the way that kid stood on his head in the playoffs. Parsons was as good as I have ever seen at the junior hockey level. I'll never forget how great that kid was. WoW
Yes, if SSM adds 2 big pieces by January. ... I will surely be all in on them being in that elite category. But right now? stop. Sometimes all you need to look at are stats. SSM with 6 forwards over 0.58 ppg, 3 over 1.00 ppg. Erie last year with 8 forwards over 0.82 ppg and 5 forwards over 1.00. Also the Debrincat impact. Let's not get crazy now and forget how much erie dominated puck possession. They just had horrible goaltending form March-May. Yet were a goal away from overcoming that..because thats how good they were in every other area.
Did Erie not make any additions last year? Erie was good but also luck plays a big part of hockey. The Soo this year would have gave a lot of good teams of the past problems including Erie last year. I agree they were the team to beat last season but not sure they had as great a system as the Soo has this season and their goal tending is probably better than Erie had last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->