Trade Proposals

ohlfanos

Jul 21, 2006
owen sound ontario
If Windsor does trade DiPietro...any idea where he and his family would except a trade to....I would have to think that will be a big piece of that puzzle

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If Windsor does trade DiPietro...any idea where he and his family would except a trade to....I would have to think that will be a big piece of that puzzle
He probably wants to stay in Windsor

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
How much for Sokolov? Is there a comparable less than 1 year rental import trade that could be used to set a baseline price? Owen Sound 2nd line Sushko-Dudas-Sokolov would give them a pretty killer 1-2 punch. I would expect Sokolov would be a cheaper option to Raddysh since he's an import.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sokolov would definitely be ‘cheaper’ than Raddysh. But, this is not looking like a year that Sokolov being an import or Luchuk being OA will come cheap. There are a handful of teams looking for both.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I get the impression that DiPietro would accept a deal if he thought it helped the club. That's the kind of person he comes across as; humble, thankful, and does what's best for everyone involved. If the Spits got a substantial package for him, and given he's already won the Memorial Cup, I see the trigger being pulled.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
OSMike; Let's hope the Attack DO NOT make a deal for Sokolov! IMO he looks like he goes through the motions most nights and also appears to be a bit heavy (not a fleet footed skater). Yes he has been a good player for Sudbury but OS already took 2 players this year that were good players from there... How did OS make out with that trade? How would Raddysh from Erie look on the right side with Sushko and Dudas? I think that is the guy OS should target to complete their second line.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
OSMike; Let's hope the Attack DO NOT make a deal for Sokolov! IMO he looks like he goes through the motions most nights and also appears to be a bit heavy (not a fleet footed skater). Yes he has been a good player for Sudbury but OS already took 2 players this year that were good players from there... How did OS make out with that trade? How would Raddysh from Erie look on the right side with Sushko and Dudas? I think that is the guy OS should target to complete their second line.

Try to consider the production difference between the two players that were good players in Sudbury; and, the difference in the players Sokolov and Raddysh play with.
Sokolov is a star OHL player and is a ‘big man in puck possession’. Apparently, analytics state that Sokolov would be a good fit in OS. Also, those in the west, have not seen Sokolov enough this season to appreciate how good of a play maker he has become at 19.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
DiPietro, should he except a trade anywhere, will be more likely to except a trade to Kitchener than to a lot of other places. Especially when you consider geography, which teams would be in the running and those teams that could afford him.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
DiPietro, should he except a trade anywhere, will be more likely to except a trade to Kitchener than to a lot of other places. Especially when you consider geography, which teams would be in the running and those teams that could afford him.
How about London? :)

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
How much for Sokolov? Is there a comparable less than 1 year rental import trade that could be used to set a baseline price? Owen Sound 2nd line Sushko-Dudas-Sokolov would give them a pretty killer 1-2 punch. I would expect Sokolov would be a cheaper option to Raddysh since he's an import.

These two trades come to mind:

2011-11-02NIAPhillip DiGiuseppeWSRTom Kuhnhackl
Jaroslav Pavelka 2nd Rnd Import '13
2nd Rnd '12
2nd Rnd '14
2nd Rnd '15
1st Rnd Import '13
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2014-01-09KITRadek FaksaSBYDominik Kubalik
2nd Rnd '14
Sar's 2nd Rnd '16
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: OSMike

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
These two trades come to mind:

2011-11-02NIAPhillip DiGiuseppeWSRTom Kuhnhackl
Jaroslav Pavelka2nd Rnd Import '13
2nd Rnd '12
2nd Rnd '14
2nd Rnd '15
1st Rnd Import '13
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2014-01-09KITRadek FaksaSBYDominik Kubalik
2nd Rnd '14
Sar's 2nd Rnd '16
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I think if we deal Soko to the West the price will be cheaper, which is fine with me. A player and two picks would be fair.

WJ

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Well since this is the trade proposal thread:

Sokolov and Rhodes for Anthony Demeo, Brett Jacklin, a second, and a third.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Hahahaha no pony up! Add Fowler, Jacklin and Demo and a 2nd and 3rd for Soko, Lagunesse and OGrady.

WJ

Fowler isn't getting moved for anyone on Sudbury, that's for sure. I could see more picks being added, but other available players aren't all that enticing.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Well since this is the trade proposal thread:

Sokolov and Rhodes for Anthony Demeo, Brett Jacklin, a second, and a third.

I can see Sokolov and Rhodes for LeGuerrier, Jacklin and Picks. Not entirely sure about line combos but I would assume it would give you Sokolov, Hayton, Frost, Gettinger, Katchouk, Kopacka, Roth, Howdeshell and Fowler in the top 9 with. Carroll, Verbeek and MacKay on the 4th line, with Trott and Martin as depth guys. Rhodes takes LeGuerrier's spot in the lineup.

Sault Ste. Marie will need to replace a lot of good forwards next year, but they are still in a good spot overall as long as some of their young guys continue to take steps forward. Plus they'd have an OA and Import spot available, so they could easily fill some of those holes with good players.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Soo guys, Jacklin is not an add for the wolves. I know he is a local kid and know he was raised well; I’d bet he is a 90% student...an off-season move where Jacklin + is exchanged for 2000 & 2001 F(s), maybe.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Watch out. Don't take the bait. Look at Foudy's stats. Hook line sinker!

:)
Those 2018 2nd & 3rd picks will be at the beginning of each round (this coming draft) not 2020 & 2022. Picks now, when players available have already been scouted add extra value, imo. If you believe it will be a good draft, load up on picks. No one can guess that 2022 will be good or bad

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
:)
Those 2018 2nd & 3rd picks will be at the beginning of each round (this coming draft) not 2020 & 2022. Picks now, when players available have already been scouted add extra value, imo
Hi dirty. Just saying if London fans are willing to give up a player there must be something up. They like Hunter never give up good prospects. It's not in their blood.:skeptic: Foudy hasn't lived up to expectations. Do you think he will improve the Wolves?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hi dirty. Just saying if London fans are willing to give up a player there must be something up. They like Hunter never give up good prospects. It's not in their blood.:skeptic: Foudy hasn't lived up to expectations. Do you think he will improve the Wolves?

I cannot say that I’ve seen enough of Foudy to make a fair assessment. I can say that he was not among the two lines that wore down; and eventually ran up the score late against the wolves :)
Ideally, the wolves get a decent young D in a trade of their vets. The wolves are quite deep at forward. A bottom six F should not even be looked at.

Reactions: ScoresFromCentre

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
If the rumoured Windsor- Hamilton trade goes down for Logan Brown, what does everybody think the return will be?

My guess:
To Hamiton:
Logan Brown
Aaron Luchuk

To Windsor:
Connor Roberts
4 x 2nd round picks
2 x 3rd round picks
2 x 5th round picks

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
If the rumoured Windsor- Hamilton trade goes down for Logan Brown, what does everybody think the return will be?

My guess:
To Hamiton:
Logan Brown
Aaron Luchuk

To Windsor:
Connor Roberts
4 x 2nd round picks
2 x 3rd round picks
2 x 5th round picks

My guess at the "rumoured trade":

To HAM:
-Jalen Smereck