Trade Proposals

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
somebody has got to pick up Owen Headrick(OA) 21pts in 22 games! He would get more then a 3rd round pick for sure.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
To Hamilton: Kyle Maksimovich (Hometown boy)
To Erie: 2nd, 3rd
not going to happen

Erie will move Raddysh, Sambrook, Lodnia, Headrick before they even consider Maksimovich. And Maksimovich is guaranteed to be here next year. So unless they get a great offer, he isnt going anywhere. And a 2nd and a 3rd is just an average offer, nothing for erie to get excited at and pull the trigger.

Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Not too sure about Kitchener. They need too much to really contend IMO.
considering they somewhat overpaid (or paid a lot) for Sherwood, and Stanley will be gone next season - I hope for your sake they dont sit on it. If they stay pat they are toast. Yep they are a few moves away no doubt but at this point can they really sell off after already buying? Weird spot for them

Obvious sellers- Erie, Sudbury, NB, Windsor, Flint

Likely buyers - Missy, SSM, OS, Sarnia, Hamilton, PBO

Kitchener, Barrie, London are in weird spots.

Oshawa, Niagara, Saginaw, Guelph, Ottawa, Kingston are not likely to buy big. And not likely to sell big either because they don't have to and/or because they don't have the big name 1998 players.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
considering they somewhat overpaid (or paid a lot) for Sherwood, and Stanley will be gone next season - I hope for your sake they dont sit on it. If they stay pat they are toast. Yep they are a few moves away no doubt but at this point can they really sell off after already buying? Weird spot for them

Oshawa, Niagara, Saginaw, Guelph, Ottawa, Kingston are not likely to buy big. And not likely to sell big either because they don't have to and/or because they don't have the big name 1998 players.
Ottersguy this is what I mean. Rangers are a good midpack squad. They just don't have enough of everything to run with the big dogs like the Soo and Sarnia. They need a steady goalie. A good defenseman or two and at least two top six forwards. Only one wish bone on a chicken. I think they are going to be in over there heads before the playoffs. They do have a plan going forward not to clean out the cupboards anymore apparently. If that is the case they really don't have extra decent prospects they can give up at this point in time. Some analyst have them as a stacked team for some reason but its really a myth.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
not going to happen

Erie will move Raddysh, Sambrook, Lodnia, Headrick before they even consider Maksimovich. And Maksimovich is guaranteed to be here next year. So unless they get a great offer, he isnt going anywhere. And a 2nd and a 3rd is just an average offer, nothing for erie to get excited at and pull the trigger.
Okay sounds good.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

I think Hamilton established today they are going for it this year.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Not too sure about Kitchener. They need too much to really contend IMO.

The fact that they already bought Sherwood and Stanley show they're buyers this year. Both those guys are rentals so you wouldn't do that if you weren't a buyer

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The fact that they already bought Sherwood and Stanley show they're buyers this year. Both those guys are rentals so you wouldn't do that if you weren't a buyer
Exactly. Like our GM said he bought already. Rentals or whatever. Do you guys have a disgruntled Dman that wants a trade?(Riley Stillman sp) Thought I read that on your team thread.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Exactly. Like our GM said he bought already. Rentals or whatever. Do you guys have a disgruntled Dman that wants a trade?(Riley Stillman sp) Thought I read that on your team thread.

Yeah Stillman would be the one

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
Ottersguy this is what I mean. Rangers are a good midpack squad. They just don't have enough of everything to run with the big dogs like the Soo and Sarnia.

I think the Rangers could beat Sarnia in a 7-game series. I wouldn't pick them, though. I think they're seriously outclassed by the Soo, though. Honestly, this team looks a lot like the 2015-16 Rangers, just with worse coaching: good team, lots of talent, can't seem to take that expected step forward.

People keep saying this about Stanley, but the Rangers got him for so cheap that I think they'd get more for him now than they spent when they traded for him, and if it came to it, they could probably recoup the Sherwood picks, too. Windsor did this with Michal Neuvirth in '08, so it's not unprecedented. I don't think it would happen, but I also wouldn't act like Kitchener is pot-committed.

member 71782

Right now who are the clear buyers and sellers?

Sellers

Windsor, Erie, Flint, NB, Sudbury

Buyers

Peterborough, Hamilton, Miss, SSM, OS, Kitchener

Likely Buyers

London, Barrie

The rest likely standing pat/building towards next year or the year after. Kingston and Ottawa could become buyers if they find the right deals that don't hurt their prospects for next year.

Kitchener is in a unique position. I think they go all in this year but what do they look like for next year roster wise if they take a step back? Do they have enough returning if they decided to move Mascherin, Stanley and Sherwood for picks and a couple of high end 17 or 18 year olds? Do they lose too much of their line up to graduation/OAs returning or do they have enough 17/18 year olds to keep them at a Kingston/Ottawa level this year plus add a couple more kids and more draft picks that could put them in as early favourites next year?

If taking a step back puts them 2 - 3 years away from being in a good position to contend then I think they go all in. If their roster projects favourably for next year if they take a step back then maybe instead of spending big for a tougher chance this year maybe a couple of moves to get a bit younger this year sets them up for a better chance next year.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Sellers

Buyers

Likely Buyers

London, Barrie

The rest likely standing pat/building towards next year or the year after. Kingston and Ottawa could become buyers if they find the right deals that don't hurt their prospects for next year.

Kitchener is in a unique position. I think they go all in this year but what do they look like for next year roster wise if they take a step back? Do they have enough returning if they decided to move Mascherin, Stanley and Sherwood for picks and a couple of high end 17 or 18 year olds? Do they lose too much of their line up to graduation/OAs returning or do they have enough 17/18 year olds to keep them at a Kingston/Ottawa level this year plus add a couple more kids and more draft picks that could put them in as early favourites next year?

If taking a step back puts them 2 - 3 years away from being in a good position to contend then I think they go all in. If their roster projects favourably for next year if they take a step back then maybe instead of spending big for a tougher chance this year maybe a couple of moves to get a bit younger this year sets them up for a better chance next year.
Mascherin , Stanley , Hall, Sherwood and Bunnaman all likely gone next year for sure along with a few others. I see the Rangers at the bottom of the league next season. Too many small forwards left that have not really stepped up to the plate.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Sellers

Buyers

Likely Buyers

London, Barrie

Another couple of weeks and I could see the buyers and sellers changing - Saginaw may become a buyer especially someone who would be back next year - could also see Owen Sound toss in the towel for this year ( they are teetering right now) and sell off a few to prepare for next year - they could very well be better next year than this.

Reactions: Finster8

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I will gladly take Fowler if I am Erie :)

Raddysh is the only available player that they may consider dealing Fowler for. He's not getting the ice time to show his skills, but Fowler's speed and playmaking ability has been very impressive.

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Raddysh is the only available player that they may consider dealing Fowler for. He's not getting the ice time to show his skills, but Fowler's speed and playmaking ability has been very impressive.
Fowler, couple 2 2nd rounds , conditional picks. That could definetly interest Erie for Raddysh.

I hear talk that Raddysh and Katchouk have been keeping close contact, i wonder if the NTC comes into effect for Taylor , if he WANTS to be in SSM.

Tha Tampa bay connection has to be enticing

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Fowler, couple 2 2nd rounds , conditional picks. That could definetly interest Erie for Raddysh.

I hear talk that Raddysh and Katchouk have been keeping close contact, i wonder if the NTC comes into effect for Taylor , if he WANTS to be in SSM.

Tha Tampa bay connection has to be enticing

Playing on the best team in the CHL should be all the enticement that he needs, but it can't hurt.

Reactions: HF92

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3