Speculation: Trade Deadline 2014

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
This 2nd makes up a lot for this slow day. No idea how Burke pulled that off, thought for sure it was a 4th or a 5th. Heck if it's a guaranteed 2nd than Berra almost got us as much as vanek got the isles LOL

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Haha. Got to love that 2nd rounder. What a joke of a day, followed by a steal of a deal for Berra of all players

Aug 3, 2010
Gord Miller ‏@GMillerTSN 2m
Nashville traded David Legwand to Detroit for Patrick Eaves, Calle Jarnkrok and a 3rd round pick.

Legwand got a better return than either Moulson OR Vanek. Hell, depending on how Jarnkrok turns out, maybe better than BOTH players' deals combined.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
The Stempniak to Pittsburgh trade awaits a trade call still. Obviously the league is backed up on these things.

There's still hope!

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
The Stempniak to Pittsburgh trade awaits a trade call still. Obviously the league is backed up on these things.

There's still hope!

Watch Stempniak yields the best return of all forwards traded today. :laugh:

Aug 3, 2010
Watch Stempniak yields the best return of all forwards traded today. :laugh:

Here comes Maatta! :handclap:

But seriously, I think that honour of best trade value for a single player has to go to Legwand today.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
I think if the deal goes through and we get atleast decent value for stempniak than that plus a 2nd for Berra would make up for not moving cammy IMO, especially if Burke resigns him. Heck who knows, Burke got a 2nd for Berra so maybe we are getting a 1st + pouliot for stempniak LOL

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Here comes Maatta! :handclap:

But seriously, I think that honour of best trade value for a single player has to go to Legwand today.

Idk Jarnkrok isn't much better than Reinhart, is Reinhart + 3rd for Legwand better than a 2nd for Berra? Pretty close imo considering Berra has less than 30 nhl games.

Trae

Calgary
@DarrenHaynes_CP: If Burke wheeled a 2nd round pick for Berra, what did he get for Stempniak? Malkin? Still stunned by that Berra haul. STUNNED.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Legwand got a better return than either Moulson OR Vanek. Hell, depending on how Jarnkrok turns out, maybe better than BOTH players' deals combined.

What an absolutely bizarre trade deadline. Goaltenders were in the highest demand while premium(ish) goal scorers were had for relatively little.

Yea its a new era and the kids are ready for their chance (really Reinhart and Granlund have little left to prove in the AHL) so to me they should take Stempniak and Cammy's spot.

I think our top 9 wingers entering next year our Hudler, GlenX, Jones, Colborne, Reinhart, Granlund with Sven, Poirier, Klimchuck, JG, 2014 1st all also battling as well I don't see who loses their spot for Cammy to stay.
I still think we'll see Burke go after a few UFA's. Partly to reach the cap floor if nothing else.

But I agree that both Reinhart and Granlund should be strong candidates for spots in the top 9 next season.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
A little nervous about Berra now, what did one of the best goalies of all time like about Berra? Will he be a Bobrovsky

He wasn't that here and I doubt we would have been, Ramo has been better than Berra and Ortio is showing he needs a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad