Speculation: Trade Deadline 2014

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Did anyone see the interview with Cammy on the Flames web page. The dirty media tried to get something out of him but it was a fail

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Did anyone see the interview with Cammy on the Flames web page. The dirty media tried to get something out of him but it was a fail

I wish I knew what they were expecting. Oh, I guess it would be something like "yeah, my agent has been talking about getting away from the loser attitude that's in this dressing room."

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I wish I knew what they were expecting. Oh, I guess it would be something like "yeah, my agent has been talking about getting away from the loser attitude that's in this dressing room."

Well, I'd buy that newspaper if that was the case.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Actually, funny story, I remember listening to the radio in Vancouver around the trade deadline and they were doing a call-in show on the TEAM 1040 with Don Taylor and some other guy. Some drunk fan called in and was like "I think we need to trade our media to Toronto for some real broadcasters." It was hilarious. They got so defensive and took it so seriously.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
There's no way Vancouver trades Kesler. But I wonder what Buffalo would get for Erhoff?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
There's no way Vancouver trades Kesler. But I wonder what Buffalo would get for Erhoff?

I propose a 7-way deal as follows:

Ryan Miller from Buffalo to NYI
Andrew MacDonald and a 2nd from NYI to Calgary
Mike Cammalleri from Calgary to Tampa
Martin St. Louis from Tampa to NYR
Kris Kreider from NYR to LA
Jake Muzzin from LA to Anaheim
Devante Smith-Pelly from Anaheim to Buffalo

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Sounds like they're pretty close to trading him. If they're smart, they'll move all of Edler, Bieksa and Kesler for kingly returns and thereby retool quickly. Each of those players would quite easily fetch a first round pick plus a young roster player and probably a quality prospect as well.

If they keep everyone and try to keep going for it, they'll end up as the Flames of yesteryear.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
May 27, 2012
Earth
Heard that before regarding one Jarome Iginla. :shakehead

At least Kesler can skate. Kelser would blow up in points. IMO he would be better than Kunitz. Kesler's speed would be a huge boost for Sid instead of carrying 2nd/3rd liners. I have to give credit to Kunitz though, Crosby just elevates to the next level.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Sure, but everybody knows Bylsma will only play Sid with Kunitz and Dupuis, even if Dupuis is out for the season. Once he comes back, Kesler would be playing with either Malkin (a fine consolation if not playing with Crosby) or on the 3rd line, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad