Speculation: Trade Deadline 2014

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What a disaster of the deadline so far.

At the very least, I hope Butler and Stempniak were moved and we're just waiting on the trade call.

I agree it looks bad now, but if we resign Cammy to a 2 year deal, and can deal him next year for a 1st or 2nd + prospect during a hot streak, instead of a 3rd like was probably being offered this year, it was a smart move. Cammy`s value is obviously very low right now.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I know Calgary it seems didn't do a lot... but honestly, these top offensive players went really cheap this year.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Wait to UFA and bring someone else in if you feel that way but Cammy's style just doesn't fit this team and I don't realistically seeing offers for him improving over this years offers, so whats the point in bringing him back?

I'm less convinced of that. I thought he was extremely impressive at the beginning of the season. If he returns to that, he fits out style very well.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Can't believe we couldn't get something for Cammy he is going to walk for nothing in July. I thought if anything he would be gone for something.

The Berra trade is odd given that Ramo is out, I personally wish he wasn't traded as the pick will probably be a late round. And in my opinion Berra had potential.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
yeah I don't think Colorado will be able to afford Stastny, nor should they bother since they have three excellent centers in MacKinnon, Duchene, and O'Reilly. We should definitely try hard for him, would be a perfect top six here.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I know Calgary it seems didn't do a lot... but honestly, these top offensive players went really cheap this year.

No kidding, I really think Burke thought after Vanek and Moulson were moved we would get calls but I think because Vanek took so long it was to late to move Cammy.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 4m
Goalie Michal Neuvirth is heading back to the Sabres in the Jaroslav Halak deal.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm less convinced of that. I thought he was extremely impressive at the beginning of the season. If he returns to that, he fits out style very well.

Yes but he looked good for what 2 weeks? He is a streaky player but his hot streaks have significantly shorter. I like Cammy but I honestly think getting a more physical 2 way style player or Stastny would fit better next year and moving forward for the team.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I agree it looks bad now, but if we resign Cammy to a 2 year deal, and can deal him next year for a 1st or 2nd + prospect during a hot streak, instead of a 3rd like was probably being offered this year, it was a smart move. Cammy`s value is obviously very low right now.

Too many if's in that scenario. If Cammalleri re-signs, if he stays healthy, if he can get on a hot streak, if there's a sellers market.

But I don't think Cammalleri wants to re-sign. He certainly hasn't played like he wanted to be here all season.

And I would have been content with the 3rd if only because of the roster spot it freed up.

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
HA Gillis is being interviewed on a golf course. It's trade deadline day and he's on a ****ing golf-course. The canucks are such a joke.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Snow has to be fired

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris

If the #habs fail to make the playoffs, there are no picks involved in the Vanek trade. Would just be Vanek for Collberg.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Too many if's in that scenario. If Cammalleri re-signs, if he stays healthy, if he can get on a hot streak, if there's a sellers market.

But I don't think Cammalleri wants to re-sign. He certainly hasn't played like he wanted to be here all season.

And I would have been content with the 3rd if only because of the roster spot it freed up.

If he would not of got his latest concussion, his value would of been higher. Before his last injury he was playing extremely well. It was **** timing, I really hope Burke can resign him now.

I find it odd though, if he could not of dealt Cammy why didn`t we deal Hudler

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
A little disappinted that a hockey deal didn't happen. Would've liked to see a trade involving Cam Ward, a cap dump like Dany Heatley, Ryan O'Rielly, Tyler Myers. Also upset Stempniak didn't move. He might be gone but we don't know yet. Also Hudler should've been dealt. His value is the highest right now

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
If he would not of got his latest concussion, his value would of been higher. Before his last injury he was playing extremely well. It was **** timing, I really hope Burke can resign him now.

I find it odd though, if he could not of dealt Cammy why didn`t we deal Hudler

I think Hudler is extremely well liked and is good for the organization to keep on the team.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Buffalo Sabres are the winners this year. They've managed to execute superb asset management. They're so loaded with top prospects and picks, that you know they're going to be deadly in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad