Speculation: Trade Deadline 2014

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Happy how everything turned out. Berra trade is the steal of the deadline for us all things considered. Also happy that Burke didnt sell low on Cammy.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
How does our roster look next year then.
Is Heatley or Cammy or Poirier or Gaudreau or Sven or Ward or Reinhart or Dal Colle/Bennet on the team

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Did Ramo die or something? :laugh:

All this means is that the Flames are expected to run with a duo of Ortio and Ramo. Don't think it's "Ortio's net to lose" or Ramo's for that matter.

Ramo is hurt, so Ortio will get the starts until Ramo returns, if Ortio plays well then you better believe it's Ortio's net to lose. Ramo has also played well, but not good enough for long enough to say that if Ortio is hot when Ramo comes back that it's still Ramo's net.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Ramo is hurt, so Ortio will get the starts until Ramo returns, if Ortio plays well then you better believe it's Ortio's net to lose. Ramo has also played well, but not good enough for long enough to say that if Ortio is hot when Ramo comes back that it's still Ramo's net.

He has to play REALLY well to earn a starting job still at his age and how long he's been here

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
He has to play REALLY well to earn a starting job still at his age and how long he's been here

Because other goalies in the system have done something to say he shouldn't earn the starting job by playing well? Ramo has played well recently for us, I will never take that away from him, but Ortio has played phenomenal in the AHL, and to be honest I think phenomenal in the AHL trumps well in the NHL, particularly if Ortio also adds playing well in the NHL to his resume.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Because other goalies in the system have done something to say he shouldn't earn the starting job by playing well? Ramo has played well recently for us, I will never take that away from him, but Ortio has played phenomenal in the AHL, and to be honest I think phenomenal in the AHL trumps well in the NHL

No way AHL to NHL is the hardest jump in any sport. A 2 GAA vs Strome is worse than a 2.30 GAA vs Kopitar. If he out plays Ramo by .40 GAA and .030 SVP

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
No way AHL to NHL is the hardest jump in any sport. A 2 GAA vs Strome is worse than a 2.30 GAA vs Kopitar. If he out plays Ramo by .40 GAA and .030 SVP

Sorry, I added an edit including Ortio playing well in his starts, he's played more than Ramo this year by a pretty hefty margin and has looked good-great every single time out, including pre-season when he stuffed the puck down Vancouvers A-teams throat while playing on Calgary's B-team.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
How does our roster look next year then.
Is Heatley or Cammy or Poirier or Gaudreau or Sven or Ward or Reinhart or Dal Colle/Bennet on the team

If I had to guess I would say we let Cammy go and spend the money on Stastny.

Hudler - Backlund - Granlund
Baerstchi- Stastny - GlenX
Reinhart - Monahan - Jones
Bouma - Stajan - McGrattan
Colborne

Brodie - Gio
Russell - Smid
Wideman - Wotherspoon
SOB

Ramo
Ortio

I think we look to move Hudler, Stajan, Wideman next year.

But who knows Burke may throw mad money at Callahan and others and try to go for the playoffs next year.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Luongo with the best comment on the day:

Ryan Kesler ‏@Ryan_Kesler 2m
"Told you so" - @strombone1 ☔

Sportsnet Pacific @SNETPacific
Kesler - "Good thing I listened to Lou. Said even if I wanted out it wasn't gonna happen." #Canucks

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Edmonton traded players for picks, Calgary traded players for picks. Against the trend, Vancouver made a lateral move, trading the Luongo saga for the all-new Kesler saga.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00