Speculation: Trade Deadline 2014

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
A 2nd and 3rd for Berra and Stempniak makes up for not dealing Cammalleri a little bit. Should have still moved Butler though.

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
I'm eating crow right now. I figured Berra would yield a 6th rounder and Stempniak would yield a 5th. Great job Burke. 2nd and 3rd rounders are still viable assets. Get a forward with that 1st round and then three defensemen in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
We could get more for Berra than for Vanek. Because MTL also got a 5th. Now we look at nexy years roster. Perfect scenario would be to re-sign Cammy, maybe Butler too. He's only 27. So then gey Dany Heatley and a prospect for pretty much nothing. We make the floor and go after McDavid

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Something that just came to mind with the fact that we didn't get a goalie back for Berra... when will Gillies' season with Providence end? Is he going to be coming in later in the season, perhaps, in the AHL?

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Something that just came to mind with the fact that we didn't get a goalie back for Berra... when will Gillies' season with Providence end? Is he going to be coming in later in the season, perhaps, in the AHL?

I would believe they intend on running Ramo/Ortio for the remainder of the season and continue to get Roy starts in the AHL.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
A 2nd and 3rd for Berra and Stempniak makes up for not dealing Cammalleri a little bit. Should have still moved Butler though.

I actually don't mind Butler coming back, in fact I'd almost push for it.

He seems like great guy in the room with all the guys being fond of him. He will sign for pretty cheap and likely short term, and appears to have a desire to stay. He's a vet and a capable NHL blueliner that can play on the bottom two pairs. Wideman will be traded hopefully and we can't expect rookies to fill all those spots

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Considering the returns of other players this deadline, Flames did really well. Will still be surprised if Cammy is on the opening roster for next year.

Trae

Calgary
I have to say, overall, the amount of big names moved today, yesterday, and the Miller trade. This was a huge trade deadline.

Aug 3, 2010
MacDonald is on his way to Calgary, this means to me that Ortio is really going to be given a good long look, and I truly believe he is capable of taking that job and running with it.

Did Ramo die or something? :laugh:

All this means is that the Flames are expected to run with a duo of Ortio and Ramo. Don't think it's "Ortio's net to lose" or Ramo's for that matter.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
From a flames perspective, this trade deadline was a success.

Got two good returns on expiring contracts, and we still have Gio, Baertschi, etc.

With the exception of allowing Cammy to walk for free, for the 2nd time, I think this was a good day.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
MacDonald is on his way to Calgary, this means to me that Ortio is really going to be given a good long look, and I truly believe he is capable of taking that job and running with it.

This is Ramo's job for next year you have to imagine. This year in the last 5 games Ortio will start but it's like Hanowski or Reinhart playing at the end of the year

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Brian Burke:

Success-baby.jpg

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Did Toronto lose a playoff spot. All the other teams hav a couple games in hand and they did nothing. DET got Legwand, MTL got Vanek, OTT got Hemsky, TBL's getting Stammer back, NJD got Ruutu. And did you see Jagr's tweet. It was "still trying to figure out which Ruutu. At least it's not one of the 30 Sutters"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad