The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Because LOGIC. And there are too many bowl games out there who want to throw money at schools for the privilege of seeing their alumni shell out big bucks to play another 6-6 school in a stadium better suited for a. baseball b. high school football or c. both.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Oh, I don't want to lose the team...but they're just broken from every angle right now. They need to do something and fast.

My husband has already said if they draft an athletic scrambling quarterback this year like is being projected, he's done. This is a guy who cheered for the Oilers as a kid.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
yeah, don't give up the team... even if it might help the Preds attendance, it would be a black eye for the city.... you've just gotta believe they won't always suck.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
what would be typical attendance for an MLS game? And how many home games a season are there?

Im guessing the net economic impact for the city would be negative if NFL was traded for MLS but I don't know that for certain
Typical attendance for MLS is generally at or slightly above the numbers you'd get with the NHL, although some places do better (just ask Seattle fans, they'll tell you about it ad nauseum... seriously, **** those guys). You'd get roughly twice as many home games, tho (it's a 34-game season).

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
what would be typical attendance for an MLS game? And how many home games a season are there?

Im guessing the net economic impact for the city would be negative if NFL was traded for MLS but I don't know that for certain

Attendance varies between markets, but, at minimum, it would be similar to a Predators game. At its best, it would look like this:

centurylink-field.jpg

When's the last time LP Field had an actual crowd of that size?

Not to mention, the product is better. Much less stopping, starting, and standing around, lots more free-flowing play, and the talent is getting better all the time. A standard game is done in less than two hours.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Typical attendance for MLS is generally at or slightly above the numbers you'd get with the NHL, although some places do better (just ask Seattle fans, they'll tell you about it ad nauseum... seriously, **** those guys). You'd get roughly twice as many home games, tho (it's a 34-game season).
I tell you what, our 62,000 fans for the home finale against LA that I went to up there was pretty awesome.

Sorry, had to. I know you hate the Sounders, as you've told me before haha

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I am a Sporting KC fan and their stadium us 20k ish and sells out and is the best atmosphere I think I have seen for any kind of regular season game-any sport

I could see that. They pack that place consistently from what I've seen. Obviously yeah the attendance was a lot higher but the Sounders-Galaxy regular season finale this year in Seattle I went to was deafening. I'd probably put that atop my list. MLS is extremely fun with great atmosphere when it's done right.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nashville FC sponsored by Firestone?
My only objection to that has to do with my being totally behind Orlando City's naming and my Crew following along - around here, in North America, we call it "soccer". And that's a totally legit originally-from-England name anyways, so there. ;)

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Not a soccer fan in the least bit, but it'll be a short drive for you guys to come see the new Atlanta team and stadium in 2017.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think with so many "millennials" moving here (in the top 10 among cities nationally) , there's an influx of different sporting tastes in the city of Nashville itself. Side note: I think this is also helping the Preds IMO. Sporting interests among traditional southerners can differ greatly than those in other parts of the country. I think the MLS would succeed here, and honestly and I think it would succeed with relative ease. It's basically like a never-ending tailgate. The party continues while the game is actually being played. Well, for some people anyway.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Won't lie. Love the Gadsen Flag on the Navy uniforms. Want Army to win and play a A-10 offense if the rules allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad