The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
That's awesome! I'm from western AZ originally and back in those days (pre Cardinals) it was SDC on my TV every Sunday.

Nice. I grew up here and never really got into the Titans when they came, but as I got older I lived out in So Cal and formed an instant connection with them and the Padres.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
sigh:shakehead... Why couldn't the Titans have sucked this bad last last year?...I wanted them to trade with StL for the #2 pick... No matter how he turns out...Bortles for life, I am now to the NFL what I used to be to the NHL, follow players not teams... my God-nephew...His Gma and my Mom have been best friends since 1st grade...watched him shake off doubters his whole life. Tried to talk him into his Sr. year to go for the Heisman. I'm biased as crap but I think he's going to be a good one...any unbiased opinions.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Just a note that with the Music City Bowl tomorrow you MIGHT want to head downtown for the game a little early. I'm guessing there will be lots of fans milling around downtown after the game--so with Blues, LSU and Notre Dame fans everywhere there will be no beer left unless you plan ahead.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Just a note that with the Music City Bowl tomorrow you MIGHT want to head downtown for the game a little early. I'm guessing there will be lots of fans milling around downtown after the game--so with Blues, LSU and Notre Dame fans everywhere there will be no beer left unless you plan ahead.

There will also be no parking unless you wait for some of those bowlers to clear out. Last year was a mess. Not sure why they schedule both so close together.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA

Car Game in full effect tonight ? ;)

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
^5 to all the ND fans in this thread, I know there are some :handclap: :yo: ... not really shocked at LSU being down this season, no QB = unable to do what you need to do.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, it only took about 45 minutes to go from Middleton to Peabody on 1st Avenue tonight. We left home an hour early in anticipation of the crowd but still only made it to our seats with a couple of minutes to spare.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Well, it only took about 45 minutes to go from Middleton to Peabody on 1st Avenue tonight. We left home an hour early in anticipation of the crowd but still only made it to our seats with a couple of minutes to spare.

I rely heavily on my Google Traffic app at all times....coming in from Hermitage we were able to take 40 to the Spence Lane exit, get downtown on Murfreesboro Road and then get right to the MCC area there with no traffic. But I have to work today, and I'm downtown....this is going to suck getting out.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Everything was going great until I got to actual downtown. I had no traffic from Donelson all the way to where it turns from Hermitage into 1st. It was bumper to bumper from around Lindsley on--but after the curve so I didn't know to go ahead and turn left. If I could have gotten across traffic at Academy I think I could have doglegged it over to 2nd or 3rd and gone in that way. The police were funneling everyone on 1st onto Peabody, which might have worked it those leaving town weren't also allowed to turn there. It slowed things down a lot. I am not tech savvy nor coordinated enough to drive AND follow apps. Ha ha!

I guess the city wanted to encourage people to go to both events by having them the same day, but they need to work on their scheduling and crowd control techniques. To have one end and another begin--and both coinciding with rush hour--was short sighted.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Everything was going great until I got to actual downtown. I had no traffic from Donelson all the way to where it turns from Hermitage into 1st. It was bumper to bumper from around Lindsley on--but after the curve so I didn't know to go ahead and turn left. If I could have gotten across traffic at Academy I think I could have doglegged it over to 2nd or 3rd and gone in that way. The police were funneling everyone on 1st onto Peabody, which might have worked it those leaving town weren't also allowed to turn there. It slowed things down a lot. I am not tech savvy nor coordinated enough to drive AND follow apps. Ha ha!

I guess the city wanted to encourage people to go to both events by having them the same day, but they need to work on their scheduling and crowd control techniques. To have one end and another begin--and both coinciding with rush hour--was short sighted.

Who's this Karl Dean that you're referring to ? ;) :naughty: :help:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

This was at least the 2nd year and a row it was like this. Last year was chaos trying to get to the Detroit game. The Preds should have moved the game to 7:30. I see they have another 7:30 game later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad