The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I will never understand teams going after veteran guys that have proven to be crap. Even if you think Mettenberger and Locker suck and aren't the QB's of the future, you're better off rolling with them until you find a QB you do like in the draft (I still think Mariota will be a good pro). Don't trade for expensive mediocre garbage like Cutler.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
At least he wants to come here (home) unlike Pretty Boy who ran off to Denver when he had the chance to be a Titan.
As a Vandy fan bring him on. Really he couldn't be worse that drafting Winston (immature) or Mariota (option QB that will never pan out)

Double_facepalm.jpg

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
just proves manning was smart after talking to the coaches and looking at the roster here. why would anyone have wanted to come to this trainwreck?

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
just proves manning was smart after talking to the coaches and looking at the roster here. why would anyone have wanted to come to this trainwreck?
At the time the roster was pretty good, and a leader is supposed to make everyone else better correct? Manning jilted the Vols fans that worship at his feet, and the still worship him more. What do you call a Vols fan child born after 1994? "Peyton".

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
No way. I mean Fried and JP are good, and Fried might be in their top 5, but holding onto Renfroe, Wiesler and Hedges and getting all that is genius
Well, yeah I'm shocked we still have our top prospects, I think my train of thought was noticing that our GM doesn't seem to be putting a ton of faith in a lot of them, none of whom he drafted.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Exactly. He's a student of the game, but it didn't take a valedictorian to see that with Bud being as old as he was and no really good transfer of power the Titans organization was going to head way down before it could go up. It takes more than a quarterback to fix that kind of broken.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
At least he wants to come here (home) unlike Pretty Boy who ran off to Denver when he had the chance to be a Titan.
As a Vandy fan bring him on. Really he couldn't be worse that drafting Winston (immature) or Mariota (option QB that will never pan out)

:facepalm: For the love of all that is holy, Peyton Manning is Not. From. Tennessee. He's been on this earth for almost 39 years and he has spent 4 of them in this state. He's "from" New Orleans. I got so annoyed when people would call this his "home team" when he was considering coming here. He was born and raised in New Orleans. Dad obviously played for the Saints. If anything, the Saints would be his homecoming.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
:facepalm: For the love of all that is holy, Peyton Manning is Not. From. Tennessee. He's been on this earth for almost 39 years and he has spent 4 of them in this state. He's "from" New Orleans. I got so annoyed when people would call this his "home team" when he was considering coming here. He was born and raised in New Orleans. Dad obviously played for the Saints. If anything, the Saints would be his homecoming.
Do not try and tell Volunteer fans. Believe me there's plenty of Manning worship that claiming he's not from TN is sacrilege. I was ripped to shreds on Facebook when I said something about Manning not being a Tennessean during the Super Bowl
FYI: Neither is Cutler. Indy would be home for him.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Gahhhh looks like San Diego is gonna blow it and thus let Baltimore back into the playoffs...

Yep, that's my NFL team. They have been walking dead for about 3 weeks now. Today's result didn't surprise me at all. Didn't even bother laying a bet with vBookie on my poor Bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad