The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
First time venturing over to see if there was a thread for Titans talk and the first thing I read is about trading the Titans for an MLS team LMAO.

I know it's been rough, but geez. Let them stay until the end of next year at least, I am hopefully heading down for a game and to visit Nashville for the firs time. Right now I only get to see them live every 6 years when they visit Detroit lol

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Funny that no one thinks tanking happens in the NFL but the Titans are doing just that and still only have the 3rd pick. Indy 100% tanked for Luck and this year there is no value with the first pick. Winston is a immature headcase and Marriota is not an pro QB.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
And The Padres go nuts with outfielders. WTF??

It's awesome. As a Padres die-hard, the last 48 hours or so for me I've been more excited about Padres baseball than I have in a long, long time....and it's only December. I mean I'm always excited for the season to start, but this is an entirely different kind of excitement. On cloud nine from a baseball perspective right now.

Braves got a terrible return.
Basically. Our GM is just throwing away our prospects like day-old meat in return for people who can play now, because he's new and he has no attachment to any of these guys. If Max Fried can fully recover from his Tommy John surgery, I wouldn't be shocked for him to be a solid MLB starter. I was really pumped when we picked him a few years ago in the first round. Jace Peterson looked okay in his brief stint with us at the end of the year but that was a a small sample size.

I'm shocked we walked away from this deal without trading one of our three stud starting pitchers.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Mr. Adz has said many times that he hopes they trade whatever pick they have for a bunch of other ones and don't pick either MM or JW. I don't know that turning picks into serviceable players is really what they're good at, though.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Mr. Adz has said many times that he hopes they trade whatever pick they have for a bunch of other ones and don't pick either MM or JW. I don't know that turning picks into serviceable players is really what they're good at, though.

My friend who is a Packers fan believes you should draft a QB every year, because you never know what's going to happen to the one you've got now.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If they were 1999 Peyton Manning models he'd be all for it. He just thinks these two particular players are more talented at the college level and doesn't think they'll work well at the pro level. I think his major mancrush on Mettenberger factors in, too. :-D

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
B5RP4JGCUAAOuRb.jpg

(Ahem)

WARHAWKS! We're the WARHAWKS!

Shouting out our BAT-TLE CRY!

So beat the DRUMS and let the TRUM-PETS BLOW!

ON to vic-to-ry, GO! GO!

Proud to bear that name

So take the ball and

GO WHITE-WA-TER!

WIN THIS GAME!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
B5RP4JGCUAAOuRb.jpg

(Ahem)

Shouting out our BAT-TLE CRY!

So beat the DRUMS and let the TRUM-PETS BLOW!

ON to vic-to-ry, GO! GO!

Proud to bear that name

So take the ball and

GO WHITE-WA-TER!

WIN THIS GAME!

I would sing my school's fight song but we are too small for football. We were big enough for 3 hockey teams and rugby but not football so whatever.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So...have you ever had something like this happen:

I get a call on the regular house phone. No one except for solicitors, credit cards, the office and my mother in law use this number. So I was checking to see if it was my MIL...and the number that came up on the caller ID was...our phone number.

Have scammers started doing that now or was this just some sort of phone weirdness?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

I get a call on the regular house phone. No one except for solicitors, credit cards, the office and my mother in law use this number. So I was checking to see if it was my MIL...and the number that came up on the caller ID was...our phone number.

Have scammers started doing that now or was this just some sort of phone weirdness?

I think this is the wrong thread but yes that happened to me a couple days ago on my cell phone. The number that showed up was my cell phone number. I think they wanted my credit card number or something when I answered. I immediately hung up. Obvious scam.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Caller ID has always been more of a "polite suggestion" than a "authoritative authentication" bit, so it wouldn't shock me.

I long ago got to the point where I just don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number (or I'm not expecting a call). Pretty much anyone who I care to hear from will just text anyways, and I'm tired of having to answer for other people with superficially similar names who can't pay their bills.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Thanks for the info.

Sorry, thought I was on the IT thread. Adz brain today = "Nobody home." Ha ha!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Caller ID has always been more of a "polite suggestion" than a "authoritative authentication" bit, so it wouldn't shock me.

I long ago got to the point where I just don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number (or I'm not expecting a call). Pretty much anyone who I care to hear from will just text anyways, and I'm tired of having to answer for other people with superficially similar names who can't pay their bills.

I love how it takes like two minutes in movies to trace a call but caller ID is instantly available. Same with putting 10 gold bars in a duffel bag and throwing them on you shoulders and walking out. That's 750 Lbs.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I love how it takes like two minutes in movies to trace a call but caller ID is instantly available. Same with putting 10 gold bars in a duffel bag and throwing them on you shoulders and walking out. That's 750 Lbs.

well, tracing a call implies that the caller doesn't want to be found, whereas caller ID is actively broadcast unless you block it yourself

but to get back to the threads actual topic...

um, Kentucky is really good this year....

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Good God, UCLA should be ashamed of themselves. Three field goals in the first half? I've never seen anything like that in my relatively short life.

well, its not really all UCLAs fault... if you watched the game you had to see that... to say Kentuckys defense is suffocating doesn't really do it justice...

I hav to admit, as a longtime Kentucky fan, when UCLA reached a point where they were 3 for 33, I felt a chill run up my spine, and remembered a very frustrating March night in 1984...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad