The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Everything was going great until I got to actual downtown. I had no traffic from Donelson all the way to where it turns from Hermitage into 1st. It was bumper to bumper from around Lindsley on--but after the curve so I didn't know to go ahead and turn left. If I could have gotten across traffic at Academy I think I could have doglegged it over to 2nd or 3rd and gone in that way. The police were funneling everyone on 1st onto Peabody, which might have worked it those leaving town weren't also allowed to turn there. It slowed things down a lot. I am not tech savvy nor coordinated enough to drive AND follow apps. Ha ha!

I guess the city wanted to encourage people to go to both events by having them the same day, but they need to work on their scheduling and crowd control techniques. To have one end and another begin--and both coinciding with rush hour--was short sighted.

Nashville has some of the worst crowd control for downtown. I don't know who is in charge, but it is poor planning. I can't understand the policeman after the games watching the traffic pile up, let people stream across Broadway all over, etc.
Other cities with arena are so much better it is not even funny.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Bama given every opportunity to win and couldn't pull it off..

Gotta wonder if Oregon fans are happy that they will probably face an easier team to beat or disappointed that they aren't going to get the chance to play alabama...

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bama given every opportunity to win and couldn't pull it off..

Gotta wonder if Oregon fans are happy that they will probably face an easier team to beat or disappointed that they aren't going to get the chance to play alabama...

Though obviously disappointed, I'm slightly relieved that I won't have to watch Bama possibly getting manhandled by Oregon. Ohio State wanted it more, and Bama just frittered away for too much of the game. Still, this was a team that I didn't see winning the SEC at the beginning of the season, so can't be disappointed to go 12-2 and ousted in the playoffs. Looking forward to see if Saban can shore up the defense, a new QB, and whether Yeldon, Collins, and Ragland will return to a fairly decent core.

Rooting for Ohio State in the final, but I just don't see it happening.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think Alabama bis going to have to get smaller linebackers to play against these spread option teams.

Here's my question, were the SEC defenses really good, or are SEC offenses really just average?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Did you see Urban Meyer's reaction in the press conference when he heard the final score of the Oregon game? That was pretty funny.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/01/02/ohio-state-urban-meyer-reaction-oregon-score#

I know people who are from Oregon and from Ohio, and I am happy if they're happy, but in the end none of the final 4 matchups were ones I care much about. I care about today's with UT, but I know it's just a measuring stick.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I saw that. Sad news. The report by Rich Eisen was pretty emotional--you can tell that he cared so much about him. RIP

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Next week, something will happen that hasn't occurred since I was a baby.

Dallas will play Green Bay at Lambeau for the first time since the Ice Bowl on December 31, 1967.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille