The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
The TBR voted to approve ETSU's request for an athletic fee increase, meaning football is returning to campus. Plans from my understanding are for a 2015 kickoff, and they hope to hire a coach by the end of May. There are a handful of very vocal NIMBYs at ETSU who opposed the fee increase and the football program, and their tears are delicious.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Per Preds broadcast and twitter. Jr Preds U14, U16, U18 teams made the final four of their respective national tournaments.

Jesus Nashville is a hockey player factory.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Per Preds broadcast and twitter. Jr Preds U14, U16, U18 teams made the final four of their respective national tournaments.

Jesus Nashville is a hockey player factory.

Not trying to be a wet blanket but simply asking from ignorance... are these teams considered "top tier" as far as competitiveness nationally? For instance are the U18 kids at the same competitve level as the canadian juniors?

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Not trying to be a wet blanket but simply asking from ignorance... are these teams considered "top tier" as far as competitiveness nationally? For instance are the U18 kids at the same competitve level as the canadian juniors?

No, in the US the top tier of junior hockey is the USHL. Within Nationals there are three tiers of play for each age bracket, the Jr. Preds are playing in the single A division of Nationals with three A being the highest.

FWIW, entering play last night the Jr. Preds program was the only organization to have three teams alive in the final four of their brackets at USA Hockey Nationals and this morning both the u16's and u18's are playing for National Championships!

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Should we consider a separate sticky for the Jr Preds? They keep making news and they are turning Nashville into a potential hockey factory.

Also how can or does a hockey team move up a tier?

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Should we consider a separate sticky for the Jr Preds? They keep making news and they are turning Nashville into a potential hockey factory.

Also how can or does a hockey team move up a tier?

I think we can re-name this thread the "Local Sports" thread, but if there is a newsworthy item, I'd have no problem with it getting it's own thread. Might even request a "Local Hockey" prefix be added to the board...

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I think we can re-name this thread the "Local Sports" thread, but if there is a newsworthy item, I'd have no problem with it getting it's own thread. Might even request a "Local Hockey" prefix be added to the board...

Thanks Seth.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Mind won't stop running.

Boston Marathon, always run on Patriot's Day, civic holiday in Mass.

3:00Pm is the time when Fenway is down emptying out for the 11AM game and when the large portion of runner reach the finish line.

Wouldn't mind if Nashville can sing Amazing Grace tonight.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
37026_1954054727093_1095001576_n.jpg

Pic of Philips Arena from the Hawks game tonight...Look at that crowd! Suck it ASG- Thrashers never had a crowd that pathetic and consistently outdrew the hawks.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
The Titans organization is a joke, seriously you're going to take an interior lineman with your first pick, when you have so many holes elsewhere like on the defensive side of the ball ... Floyd would've been a much more better pick

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
The Titans organization is a joke, seriously you're going to take an interior lineman with your first pick, when you have so many holes elsewhere like on the defensive side of the ball ... Floyd would've been a much more better pick

The Titans needed a safe pick for once, a Week 1 starter in the fall, and they needed to put Locker in a position to succeed. Warmack meets all three criteria and could help reinvigorate the running game.

I don't disagree that they did very little to improve the defense (Wreh-Wilson is the only player I'd expect to see make any kind of immediate impact), but if the offense scores an extra touchdown per game, this team can at least be competitive. 20 points per game in the NFL will not win you very many games no matter what kind of defense you're trotting out there.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Lots of FA signings for the defense

DT Ropati Pitoitua
S Bernard Pollard
DT Sammie Hill
DE Keyunta Dawson
S George Wilson

I think the Titans have really done well this offseason. 2 biggest weaknesses were on both lines and at safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille