Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
Cehlarik should not be in the AHL anymore, when he's ready he should be in the lineup. If that means scratching Spooner or sending Bjork down for some reps in Providence, fine. But Cehlarik is an NHL player and needs to be playing with the big club.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Cehlarik should not be in the AHL anymore, when he's ready he should be in the lineup. If that means scratching Spooner or sending Bjork down for some reps in Providence, fine. But Cehlarik is an NHL player and needs to be playing with the big club.
Might want to see where his game is first after coming off the injury. Kind of the perfect spot for the organization to have so much young talent they can ferry NHL ready guys back and forth from Providence as they need.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Why play him when hes rusty? If Bjork can't come back after injury like he was before why would Cehlarik?

Not to mention they aren't being super cautious for no reason knees are funny scrub ass Hunwick put the kind of hit on him that players fear most they'd rather be pile driven head first into the boards.

If Bjork is going to go down to Providencne for reps I'd rather wait and do it after the holiday roster freeze.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Scored a goal yesterday in a 3-2 loss....

He is too good for Providence

Imo a waste of time for him playing down at the AHL level

call him up and play him with Debrusk and Krejci. No production from that line since Cehlarik went down

only a matter of time.
he will be back up.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

call him up and play him with Debrusk and Krejci. No production from that line since Cehlarik went down

You need to develop patience with Cehlarik. You're on this "Get him up here now!" train. He was just out with an injury for a month. Yes, he went down, and scored, but there is zero wrong with him getting back into game shape before coming back up. Maybe by then, Spooner will fizzle out again, and they'll have a reason to call Cehlarik back up.

Cehlarik only has 56 totals AHL games to his name. Yes, he does have Liiga experience, but he's still new to the North American game. It's not like he's approaching 150+ AHL games. Relax....

Reactions: 00BW

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You need to develop patience with Cehlarik. You're on this "Get him up here now!" train. He was just out with an injury for a month. Yes, he went down, and scored, but there is zero wrong with him getting back into game shape before coming back up. Maybe by then, Spooner will fizzle out again, and they'll have a reason to call Cehlarik back up.

Cehlarik only has 56 totals AHL games to his name. Yes, he does have Liiga experience, but he's still new to the North American game. It's not like he's approaching 150+ AHL games. Relax....

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not 100% convinced Spooner has turned the corner, lets see him continue this strong play for another 15-20 games, he gone on 10 game stretches of production before.

But that last thing they should do, while he is playing well, is pull the rug out from under Spooner to insert Cehlarik or Bjork, regardless of how well they are playing in the AHL.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
In 16 games, he's got 4 points. Saying he needs to be in the Bruins line up is more than misguided, IMO. He has plenty to learn, especially consistency. Why rush the kid, when the players they have up are all playing well? Let him grow and play more meaningful minutes than he'll ever see in Boston.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Maybe, maybe not. I'm not 100% convinced Spooner has turned the corner, lets see him continue this strong play for another 15-20 games, he gone on 10 game stretches of production before.

But that last thing they should do, while he is playing well, is pull the rug out from under Spooner to insert Cehlarik or Bjork, regardless of how well they are playing in the AHL.

This is exactly right. Spooner, for all his warts, has at least shown he can produce at a decent clip at the NHL level. Sitting a known commodity for an unknown is just a completely bizarre thing to even suggest, let alone do.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
In 16 games, he's got 4 points. Saying he needs to be in the Bruins line up is more than misguided, IMO. He has plenty to learn, especially consistency. Why rush the kid, when the players they have up are all playing well? Let him grow and play more meaningful minutes than he'll ever see in Boston.

That's the other thing. This team is rolling right now and just sent Bjork down because they didn't have space for him. I don't see why it's so bad to let the kid go back down to Providence and play a bit more.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's the other thing. This team is rolling right now and just sent Bjork down because they didn't have space for him. I don't see why it's so bad to let the kid go back down to Providence and play a bit more.

It isn't. Not even in the least. The people who are clamoring for player X to get called up are doing nothing more than perpetuating their own agendas.

Young players need reps, and tons of them. Being up with the big team and not playing actually hurts them more than helps.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
This is exactly right. Spooner, for all his warts, has at least shown he can produce at a decent clip at the NHL level. Sitting a known commodity for an unknown is just a completely bizarre thing to even suggest, let alone do.

Because Cehlarik is a better player than Spooner for this system. He is better for Debrusk and Krejci. Its not even a question

Spooner is a poor winger and has lost his job to Riley Nash as a 3rd line center.

Cassidy trying to fit Spooner with Debrusk and Krejci on the wing is what is really bizarre.

Reactions: pineapplestastegood

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Because Cehlarik is a better player than Spooner for this system. He is better for Debrusk and Krejci. Its not even a question

Spooner is a poor winger and has lost his job to Riley Nash as a 3rd line center.

Cassidy trying to fit Spooner with Debrusk and Krejci on the wing is what is really bizarre.

Cehlarik didn't even play tonight for Providence b/c they seem to be limiting him after injury. You need to chill out. Meanwhile, NHLer Ryan Spooner was good again tonight.

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
Which is why it's not all about points. If you actually watched the games he played, he played very, very well and was a great fit on the Krejci line. It's not rushing him, he's ready (if he's healthy).

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Which is why it's not all about points. If you actually watched the games he played, he played very, very well and was a great fit on the Krejci line. It's not rushing him, he's ready (if he's healthy).

I have watched the games and he's been okay. Not great, not bad, but just okay. And regardless of whether you want to admit it or not, this game is about points because it's about scoring and creating goals. If you're a statistical non-starter, you are actually hurting your team. He clearly will benefit from more seasoning, which is why they have him where he is. If he were here on the bottom 6, your argument may have some truth to it because that's less about production and more about overall play, but as he'd be in the top 6 if he were still here, that's absolutely about production. And you cannot afford to have a player up there that's not producing. Which again, is why he's not there.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Yep, not even a question, except for the disparity in production, that is. :laugh:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yep, not even a question, except for the disparity in production, that is. :laugh:

Even if you don’t like Spooner, I find it hard to really believe anyone can say Cehlarik is better than he right now and mean it. I do find it funny that the same poster who’s slamming the table for Cehlarik also mentioned sending Bjork down for PC22. Bjork has been more productive at th NHL level and in 2 games in the AHL looks dominant. Why not slamming for him to recall?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Even if you don’t like Spooner, I find it hard to really believe anyone can say Cehlarik is better than he right now and mean it. I do find it funny that the same poster who’s slamming the table for Cehlarik also mentioned sending Bjork down for PC22. Bjork has been more productive at th NHL level and in 2 games in the AHL looks dominant. Why not slamming for him to recall?

Well now you're hitting on the actual issue. This isn't about Cehlarik or Bjork. This is really about a faction of people who simply dislike Spooner. It's typical agenda driven nonsense here at HF. At the end of the day, I don't care who plays as long as that player is productive and the team wins. But to argue that PC is a better fit, when he's got 4 points in 16 games is laughable.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

I like Cehlarik very much but at this time because of his age, recent injury, and unbelievable run the bruins are on with everyone playing extremely well there is simply no room for him. I feel for the kid because I believe had he not had the injury he would still be playing. Something will give between now and trade deadline, however, If I'm Sweeney I do absolutely nothing to disrupt this existing roster. They have incredible depth that can jump in at any time should injuries present themselves.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If he could stay healthy, maybe he could show his game. Kid has the injury bug right now. There are kids in front of him right now. The team has gelled. No need to bring up anyone.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Cehlarik will get his chance again. He's shown flashes of being an NHL player. Let's let him return to form at the AHL before rushing him back to the NHL.

The main thing he has going for him is his size vs the other Bruins LW prospects. I see news articles and posts on here saying the Bruins are looking for a veteran forward. Now that would be a mistake because they have Cehlarik and Bjork ready for a top 6 wing spot in case of injury.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Why play him when hes rusty? If Bjork can't come back after injury like he was before why would Cehlarik?

Not to mention they aren't being super cautious for no reason knees are funny scrub ass Hunwick put the kind of hit on him that players fear most they'd rather be pile driven head first into the boards.

If Bjork is going to go down to Providencne for reps I'd rather wait and do it after the holiday roster freeze.

Wasn't Hunwick the (one) who finished off Savard's Bruins days? He's getting to be a PIA!!

Providence may be better than a couple of NHL teams (Arizona at least) at this point in time. While I love Celly's play, attitude, passing and ability to light up DK, I don't think that Providence is a terrible place to be. Add that to the fact that once you taste the big time you'll do anything to get back here. No, he Bjork and a few others will ripen down there and come back with a "burr in their saddle."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad