Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
We need this guy back up. Even if the points were not there, his presence made Krejci and Pasta better and there was instant chemistry. For the first time all season we looked to have 2 dynamic lines when he was playing.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
We need this guy back up. Even if the points were not there, his presence made Krejci and Pasta better and there was instant chemistry. For the first time all season we looked to have 2 dynamic lines when he was playing.

at NO point this season has this team had 2 "dynamic" lines

I saw some good things from Cehlarik but it sounds like you`re putting all your eggs in one basket expecting him to get the call up and building on his 2pts in 11 games

mmk

Sep 5, 2014

I saw some good things from Cehlarik but it sounds like you`re putting all your eggs in one basket expecting him to get the call up and building on his 2pts in 11 games

Sure but I think the point is that we know what the ceiling is with vatrano/beleskey/Hayes/stafford. If we had a better option then that would be fine but the kid looked good. He had a goal called off and set up Pasta on 2 or 3 golden opportunities that could have easily been cashed in. He at least has earned a longer look, especially given the lack of viable options.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015

I don't think it's about putting your eggs in the basket and by no means do I think ppl are saying this kid is the savior. However look at the record with this kid in the lineup. Forget about his point total and look at what he brought to the lineup. Krecji played his best hockey with him on the left side, Pasta still
Scores and they hemmed other teams in their zone.

He may have had 2 pts but he could have much more as it was clear he was a little snake bitten up here but most importantly he was still getting chances and creating chances... stuff Belesky Vatrano Hayes Accari etc etc have failed to do.

He's not the savior but he's the best option and I would rather ice a talented lineup and miss then miss with Belesky on the left as this kid is much more talented then Belesky Hayes Accari.

If anything what this last week has Proved to me is how incapable our FO is at noticing these small but critical details.

Disgusted fan!!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I was getting frustrated with him not burying his chances but atleast he was getting them,and Bruins were winning so don't really get why they gave up on them.Have a feeling upper brass wants Belesky and Hayes in the line up .Probably hoping Vegas takes one of them.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I was getting frustrated with him not burying his chances but atleast he was getting them,and Bruins were winning so don't really get why they gave up on them.Have a feeling upper brass wants Belesky and Hayes in the line up .Probably hoping Vegas takes one of them.

Unfortunately I believe this to be true.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

He has a motor that never quits and he was relentless on the fore-check and his Hockey IQ is outstanding. I want him back-up ASAP!

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

Complete overstatement. He had 8 shots on net in 11 games and 6 missed shots. He was a non factor who showed promise. He absolutely should not be on a top 2 line spot for a team fighting for a playoff spot with 7 games left.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Complete overstatement. He had 8 shots on net in 11 games and 6 missed shots. He was a non factor who showed promise. He absolutely should not be on a top 2 line spot for a team fighting for a playoff spot with 7 games left.

this

liked much of what I saw from the kid, think he could slide into a 3rd line role and be very efficient but still needs to work on some elements of his game

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
He had chemistry with Krejci and Pasta. The other teams were on their heels a lot when that line was out there. He absolutely should be on that second line right now.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
While it may be true the kid was in over his head at the moment ...

This is all I will say about this ...

When he was in the lineup the Bruins were winning; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Coincidence? But there is something to be said about chemistry/karma.
Last year the Bruins were winning with Connelly riding the wing with Bergy and Marchand. Once he was replaced they went into a nosedive.

I really don't care about an individual player's production as long as the team is winning.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
While it may be true the kid was in over his head at the moment ...

This is all I will say about this ...

When he was in the lineup the Bruins were winning; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Coincidence? But there is something to be said about chemistry/karma.
Last year the Bruins were winning with Connelly riding the wing with Bergy and Marchand. Once he was replaced they went into a nosedive.

I really don't care about an individual player's production as long as the team is winning.

Seriously? You're basing your argument off of Cehlarik and Connolly? Really? Good God man. This argument is beyond silly. The guy looked woefully out of place the more he played. The team winning had ZERO to do with Cehlarik being in the lineup.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Seriously? You're basing your argument off of Cehlarik and Connolly? Really? Good God man. This argument is beyond silly. The guy looked woefully out of place the more he played. The team winning had ZERO to do with Cehlarik being in the lineup.

I don't understand your argument on Chelarik, in all your post you talk about how "ineffective" he was during his 11 games in the lineup yet you seem to be missing the big picture (much like our FO/coach)

1) if Chelarik is ineffective what the hell has Hayes Belesky Vatrano done to be "effective" and be in the lineup.

2) most importantly with him in the lineup they were WINNING... is there a better reason?

3) with Chelarik Krecji played his best hockey of the year and Pasta was still Pasta. These two players either up'D there game or continued to play with him on the left side.

4) although you say he wasn't scoring he was still getting chances and did pot one that got called off on a debatable call.

The whole point is he may not be a top six forward right now but he's the best of all options given the reasons above...the Bruins only have 4 legit top 6 forwards on this team Krecji Bergeron Marchand Pasta... Backes is not a top 6 forward on a good team Sorry.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida

I know, I know, lol. I never said it was logical, but karma/chemistry of a team seldom is.

Easy fix by way of experiment - call the kid back up, put him back on the line.
If they win; do you send him back down?
If they lose you can call me a quack/charlatan.

It may be tough to do(call him up) this time of year because of circumstances of the playoff battle. Therefore it may not be revisited again until next season. But the line showed life and it had a trickle down effect to the rest of the team.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I'd call him up and give him another shot, I really would - stafford is much better suited to third line duty and instantly balances out the scoring when he's there. 4th line looking better, now it's time to put stafford where he belongs and give the kid another shot, easy to send him down 93 if he doesn't get it done

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I get the chemistry piece, but here's the rub. I don't think it was that. If anything, I believe the winning was due to DK playing well in one of his patented mini hot streaks, and had zero to do with Cehlarik. I also think that if anything, Cehlarik's game better fits Pastas more than DK's. But hey, that's just like my opinion, man.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think he has been for a week or so. I wouldn't mind him getting the call-up once healthy if the Bruins need another winger.

me too

Rather see a 4th line of

kulary spooner cehlarik

vs vatrano, Beleskey, Schaller

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
I'd call him up and give him another shot, I really would - stafford is much better suited to third line duty and instantly balances out the scoring when he's there. 4th line looking better, now it's time to put stafford where he belongs and give the kid another shot, easy to send him down 93 if he doesn't get it done

Stafford is better suited for the 3rd line, but that doesn't make Cehlarik your default 2nd liner. We don't have a 2nd line LW, unfortunately. It would have been nice to address that at the trade deadline, but I understand why we didn't. For now, the rotation of Schaller, Stafford, Beleskey is as good as we have ... at least until Vatrano get's his act together. He should be the guy that fills that spot, though I'm starting to agree with others that maybe Spooner gets a look there

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Any word on Celly? Need him back asap...2nd line (krejci, debrusk) doesnt look nearly as good

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Any word on Celly? Need him back asap...2nd line (krejci, debrusk) doesnt look nearly as good

We are what, 3 1/2 weeks into what was a 4 week till re-evaluation period? He skated a couple days ago, so I suppose we'll know something soon. I love the kid, probably my favorite Bs prospect at the moment. There is a problem though in that when he gets activated from IR someone has to go down to Providence. I'd like Celly to stay but he might need some conditioning/timing work after a month off so he probably goes unless they put Vatrano on waivers or send Bjork down.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
We are what, 3 1/2 weeks into what was a 4 week till re-evaluation period? He skated a couple days ago, so I suppose we'll know something soon. I love the kid, probably my favorite Bs prospect at the moment. There is a problem though in that when he gets activated from IR someone has to go down to Providence. I'd like Celly to stay but he might need some conditioning/timing work after a month off so he probably goes unless they put Vatrano on waivers or send Bjork down.

I thinking it will be Bjork who will be sent down. He hasn't played well at all since coming back from injury.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I thinking it will be Bjork who will be sent down. He hasn't played well at all since coming back from injury.

Don't disagree with you that Bjork needs some re-adjustments- but I can also see Celly needing to get back after a month+ off. I guess they both could go down short-term and someone like Blidh can come up. Whatever the case, I don't think Celly stays in Providence any longer than needed to regain match fitness. If only he can get a good healthy stretch for the rest of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad