Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
For Tampa Bay, I'd actually call up DeBrusk. Playing better than Cehlarik in Providence right now, harder on the puck, gets to the front of the net. Not a long-term solution, but for a game, he might provide a jolt.

Also need to sub out C. Miller for Liles next game.

As much as I want to see DeBrusk get a shot, I don't think it makes sense at this juncture in the season.

Also, why on earth would you want JML in the lineup? Even with CMiller struggling.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
The Krejci+Pasta duo looked the best with Cehlarik on the other wing. Stop the Beleskey nonsense and put the kid back there. Wake up Cassidy!

I agree, I thought the three of them seemed to have some chemistry that could have worked if they stayed together.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
As much as I want to see DeBrusk get a shot, I don't think it makes sense at this juncture in the season.

Also, why on earth would you want JML in the lineup? Even with CMiller struggling.

I think there's only a certain amount of call ups till the end of the season that they can use. I don't think emergency call ups count unless they use them. Not sure on this. So they really have to use guys that they have.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Beleskey has looked better than he has all year the last few games, but that's still not very good. Pasta looks awful since Beleskey has been added to that line though. Probably worth it to put Cehlarik back in to try to jump-start that line.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Beleskey has looked better than he has all year the last few games, but that's still not very good. Pasta looks awful since Beleskey has been added to that line though. Probably worth it to put Cehlarik back in to try to jump-start that line.

Put Vatrano on that line with Krejci. Cehlarik to the 3rd line and Beleskey to the 4th

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Funny he hasn't been called up....the Krejci line was most effective with him on the line. The opportunities created were almost on every shift. The wishful Beleskey and Hayes turn around ain't happening. Pretty obvious to the average fan why the coaches?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Funny he hasn't been called up....the Krejci line was most effective with him on the line. The opportunities created were almost on every shift. The wishful Beleskey and Hayes turn around ain't happening. Pretty obvious to the average fan why the coaches?

not sure it`s the coaches call? I think Cassidy has the chance to voice his opinion but ultimately I am guessing it`s DS who decides if the kid goes down or stays up with Cassidy filling out a lineup card

If nothing else, I can`t believe I`m saying this but I`d put Hayes in before Beleskey see`s one more minute of ice time. Any way you cut it, both are brutal and just one part of the problem right now for this team, they have 1 true threat of a line and the rest................

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Or put Backes on that line with Belesky and move Pasta back with Bergeron and Marchand. Belesky and Backes would force Krecji to shoot more, both would drive the net creating chances and traffic so if the points start pinching again there would be opportunities to score.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Or put Backes on that line with Belesky and move Pasta back with Bergeron and Marchand. Belesky and Backes would force Krecji to shoot more, both would drive the net creating chances and traffic so if the points start pinching again there would be opportunities to score.

I think moving Pasta away from Bergeron/Marchand is one of the biggest reasons the Bruins have had success under Cassidy. It's nice to spread the wealth, but still have Pasta up to the Bergeron line as an option if they need it late in games. I'd still stay with Krejci/Pasta, I'd just try to tinker with the LW spot.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Put Vatrano on that line with Krejci. Cehlarik to the 3rd line and Beleskey to the 4th

I like Vatrano, but he hasn't exactly been playing well either, especially not worth a promotion.

(not defending Belesky there, either).

My vote is go back to Cehlarik, since the TEAM had more success with him there. I don't think he's the reason for the success though.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Cough cough.

Heh. 8-3 with Cehlarik playing. 1-4 since his demotion. Not saying their record would be any different the past 5 games with him in, but I doubt it would be any worse. No clue why he was sent down with the Bs rolling and winning games with him on the second line.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
Heh. 8-3 with Cehlarik playing. 1-4 since his demotion. Not saying their record would be any different the past 5 games with him in, but I doubt it would be any worse. No clue why he was sent down with the Bs rolling and winning games with him on the second line.

he had one maybe two average looking games on the california trip, and hence probably his demotion. But absolutely zero reasons why guys like beleskey, stafford , acciari should be in the lineup over Chelarik.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Hoping management comes to their senses and calls him back up in time for the game tomorrow. When most of this fan base agrees and saw the potential/improvement of the line something isn't right.

So tired of the Beleskeys Hayes and Strafford trials. Odd?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Hoping management comes to their senses and calls him back up in time for the game tomorrow. When most of this fan base agrees and saw the potential/improvement of the line something isn't right.

So tired of the Beleskeys Hayes and Strafford trials. Odd?

But you know that third line produced with hayes on the right side.

Beleskey has been bad under cj and cassidy. Just a good game here and there.

Stafford has helped out quietly so you dont bench him

I would stick him with moore and nash on the 4th line

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I like Vatrano, but he hasn't exactly been playing well either, especially not worth a promotion.

(not defending Belesky there, either).

My vote is go back to Cehlarik, since the TEAM had more success with him there. I don't think he's the reason for the success though.

I question if Vatrano is an NHL player. After watching Tampa plug in a couple 21 year old's the Bruins need to take some chances on their youth.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Common sense is the enemy of the Bruins when they go into panic mode.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Common sense is the enemy of the Bruins when they go into panic mode.

That's the truth. And it's not just when they go into panic mode. It's many times what causes them to go into panic mode. Team is rolling, hey, why don't we mix things up and **** it all up. Don't want too much success.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I have a feeling that Bruins management was decided they will live/die by the roster built for this year. That means, success/failure depends on guys like Nash, Hayes, Beleskey, Backes, Vatrano, Spooner... that was the plan from the beginning. They added Stafford to the mix. This is what we get for the last 8 games. Hopefully they can pull it together.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I have a feeling that Bruins management was decided they will live/die by the roster built for this year. That means, success/failure depends on guys like Nash, Hayes, Beleskey, Backes, Vatrano, Spooner... that was the plan from the beginning. They added Stafford to the mix. This is what we get for the last 8 games. Hopefully they can pull it together.

Pretty much what they did the last couple years as well. Who is calling the shots on personnel management anyway? Funny how Claude allegedly loved his ineffective vets. Now that Cassidy is in charge it's again under-performing vets who are playing. Is it really the coaches at issue here? Is the front office involved in any of this? People told me that Cassidy loves the kids and will play the kids. Yeah, ok, where is the proof? I honestly at this point think that Claude and Butch are not the issue when it comes much of what they get blamed for.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

And that was the best the 2nd line looked all year.

Wake up Cassidy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->