Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
It will be interesting to see how the Bruins' roster looks this upcoming season with all the youth we have potentially knocking on the door.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It will be interesting to see how the Bruins' roster looks this upcoming season with all the youth we have potentially knocking on the door.

IF Vesey ever signed here.

LW youngsters depth.

Vesey
DeBrusk
Heinen
Vatrano
Gabrielle
Cehlarik
Hargrove
Blidh

Heinen and Cehlarik have experience at RW as well.

RW youngsters depth

Pasta
Senyshyn (has to go back to JR or big club)
Griffith
Ferlin
Hickman

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
bumping this up for discussion - i saw bits and pieces of the game yesterday, but cehlarik looked pretty solid to me. smart plays, good stick, skating probably needs some work in short areas. thoughts on his play from you guys who got to watch closely?

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
I've seen him a couple of times this year in Providence, he has always struck me as a solid but not flashy guy. He just gets the job done without being noticed for the wrong reasons.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He looked as though he complimented krecji very well. They have similar instincts offensively.

yes. Nice behind the back pass to help Krejci enter the zone

but he missed a golden one timer opportunity... it was ugly. Still to early to judge

He doesn't have quick acceleration from standstill but once gets moving .... he did a very good job chasing, for-checking utilising those long strides and stick reach

alarsonusa

Jul 15, 2011
MASS
I've seen him a couple of times this year in Providence, he has always struck me as a solid but not flashy guy. He just gets the job done without being noticed for the wrong reasons.
That is a very apt description of what I saw yesterday. A fine debut. Seemed to fit in nicely. Had a great set up to send Pastrnak 1v1 with goalie but Pasta could only jam it into Miller.

skating probably needs some work in short areas.
He doesn't have quick acceleration from standstill but once gets moving .... he did a very good job chasing, for-checking utilising those long strides and stick reach
I was actually impressed by his skating because of low expectations. Thought I remembered scouting reports that knocked his skating and perhaps read too much into that. When I hear someone needs to improve their skating but is complimented for big, powerful strides, I tend to cringe. To me, that's code for not the slowest big dude you've ever seen.

but he missed a golden one timer opportunity... it was ugly. Still to early to judge
I was definitely seeing first NHL goal on that one. If he had any nerves or excitement as the puck got close, I wouldn't blame him for flubbing that chance. Hopefully, gets another good chance tonight and buries it.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Thought he complimented that line really well. He can move well, not fast like pasta but can get going similar to lucic once the train starts moving. Some nice passes and instincts with those two. Seemed like he played a decent amount, upon looking it up he played almost 14 minutes. Not bad. It's nice to see krejci with some skill.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Kirk Luedeke reviewed Cehlarik's progress in this January 24 blog, including comments from Jamie Langenbrunner.

The 90th overall pick in 2013 has a good NHL body with the hands and hockey sense to score goals. His skating has been a work in progress since the B’s drafted him, but he’s fine in the open ice. Where Cehlarik gets exposed a bit is in his short-area game and burst, where he doesn’t possess above average acceleration and agility- it takes him a bit to get going, and he’s susceptible to getting behind the play when there are quick changes of direction in the common possession style that more and more pro teams are employing in the AHL and NHL.

“I think the first thing that stands out is his ability to make a play,†Langenbrunner said. “It started with what he did at rookie camp in Buffalo and that was the first time I’d seen him. He’s NHL-sized; he’s a good-sized kid- he’s pretty strong, pretty well-built. I think you’ll continue to see him make plays because he’s got really good vision and hands.â€

Read the full blog here: https://scoutingpost.com/2017/01/24...-cehlarik-heating-up-recall-to-boston-coming/

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Is he Loui 2.0? Good size, below average skater, not flashy, but skilled with good stick, hockey IQ and playmaking ability?

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
So far he has looked excellent in his 1st 2 games, has chemistry with Krejci and Pasta.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Not suprised at all with how Peter is looking so far, kid has all the skills in the world to be a top6 player for a long time.

Always been a guy that works hard on the things that need work hence the better skating, first few strides are still not there yet but when he gets going hes actually a very good skater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->