Waived: NYR - Tony DeAngelo CLEARED waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I am curious if they would terminate his contract with cause if he clears waivers.

Fighting with a teammate after the game? I don't know if they can but it'd be interesting to find out. You have to figure that assaulting a coworker is terminable in 99.9% of workplaces, and when you boil it down that's what DeAngelo did. This isn't Primeau fighting Probert at practice during a drill where things got rough.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Fighting with a teammate after the game? I don't know if they can but it'd be interesting to find out. You have to figure that assaulting a coworker is terminable in 99.9% of workplaces, and when you boil it down that's what DeAngelo did. This isn't Primeau fighting Probert at practice during a drill where things got rough.

Would have been useful to fight Jimmy Howard last year :)

Honestly, struggling teams have shit that blows up sometimes.
Can't compare a hockey team to a regular workplace.

Reactions: decaguard

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I do think the union lawyer would argue it is pretty unprecedented and that teammates do in fact fight. But it appears this wasn't a run of the mill altercation, because it is being treated quite differently. I am not sure, I know if I am the Rangers I at least try to and then the league is in an interesting spot. I remember this played out with Mike Richards in LA. I would be surprised if the language isn't there for this to be a termination event, but again there will be a laundry lists of altercations where that wasn't the case. It would be kind of a landmark ruling if it happens in terms of something moving forward that massively changes these kinds of teammate incidents. You also have it being tricky with the reported way it ended with Kreider being allegedly involved. Not sure, but I don't think this is shaping up to end all that well.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Rangers have Fox and Trouba on the right side. So now their offensive defenseman with questionable defense is playing with depth players instead of Panarin and Buch. His stats suck.

If I was LA, I'd take a hard look at DeAngelo.

Nope.

He has been playing with "depth players" like Panarin, Howden, Kakko & Lafreniere most. Paired with Jack Johnson.

Last season he played with Panarin, Strome, Jesper Fast, Buchnevich. Paired with Marc Staal.

Fox and Trouba were there already at last season. They haven't changed really anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: MBH

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Nope.

He has been playing with "depth players" like Panarin, Howden, Kakko & Lafreniere most. Paired with Jack Johnson.

Last season he played with Panarin, Strome, Jesoer Fast, Buchnevich. Paired with Marc Staal.

Fox and Trouba were there already at last season. They haven't changed really anything.

OK. Hadn't looked. Just going but I read on Ranger board posts.

Looking 28 minutes with Panarin. 70.45 CF.

Overall.
His CF was good so far.
His High Danger CF was good.
But in goals, not really.

Would I take DeAngelo over Stecher or Biega or Djoos? Yep.
No question.
I just don't see it happening

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
LA Kings desperately need more help on the blueline.
Outside of Doughty and sometimes Maata, they have no way out of their own end.
DeAngelo could help them a lot, temporarily, anyway.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Jack Adams is another guy with politics that Malik hates.
Malik tweeted that he hated having to follow it and see tweets he hates.

People need to toughen up just a wee bit.
I don't care who you vote for or don't.

I value a player for what they are on the ice/contribute to a team.

Tony D fighting his goalie is not a good look.

I just did some digging on Jack Adams and I didn't see anything overtly political and cringe worthy.

Maybe Malik just hates cute beagles? Or maybe he hates that the kid is a Tom Brady and Patriots fan?

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Thank God Howard isn't still here, could you imagine the fights after games lol? :sarcasm:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
he's an abusive, racist, malignant individual.
Do you have any sources to back this claim? I ask because I am searching and finding no specifics. Just vague claims and considering how quickly "racist" is thrown around these days I believe it is worth seeking clarification and harder evidence to such a claim.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Do you have any sources to back this claim? I ask because I am searching and finding no specifics. Just vague claims and considering how quickly "racist" is thrown around these days I believe it is worth seeking clarification and harder evidence to such a claim.

How hard did you look?

I googled: DeAngelo teammate slur
Sarnia's Anthony DeAngelo suspended for slur directed at teammate

2nd such suspension of the year. His dad also said he says the things his son got suspended for every day in another video clip. Great upbringing.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Politics fueled hate

Like that time he called his teammate a Racial Slur.

When was it? How old was he?
Do you know what he said? Do you know the context? Do you know what led to it?
Do you know if he's ever repeated the slur or others ever since?

I read the tweets. So when I say "politics-fueled," I know what tweets I'm talking about. I saw the 4chan-like mob attacking some account they said was DeAngelo's "burner account."

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
How hard did you look?

I googled: DeAngelo teammate slur
Sarnia's Anthony DeAngelo suspended for slur directed at teammate

2nd such suspension of the year. His dad also said he says the things his son got suspended for every day in another video clip. Great upbringing.
Perhaps I am blind. I just read this article 3 times and it does not offer proof his comments were racist. According to this article it may have been "other derogatory language". Are we assuming here? Is there more to this story not addressed by Yahoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad