Waived: NYR - Tony DeAngelo CLEARED waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I cringe thinking about how Smith would feel with him in the locker room after the abuse he's gone through in juniors

Not only that, we just spent a fourth overall pick on Raymond, I'm sure he'll get along just great with D'Angelo.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Quite sure we would have guys who would punch him on the face. If Smith not himself, then Bertuzzi. And Seider could hit him at every practise if not behaving well.

Reactions: bedtime20

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Quite sure we would have guys who would punch him on the face. If Smith not himself, then Bertuzzi. And Seider could hit him at every practise if not behaving well.

You think they want to be in a locker room where they might be called upon to do that though? With our luck it will be Mantha breaking his fist trying to punch the guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gniwder and Ezekial

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
That seems pretty hard to believe.
Dude's in the net, digging the puck out.
And then refuses to give it to Miller because {implication DeAngelo is racist} who knows why, according to anonymous sources reached by blogger.

Ok... let's set all that aside. Let's give ADA the benefit of the doubt that he does not have those tendencies. He's still, by documented trades that have occured, the Rangers waiving him and his 2x4.8 contract unceremoniously, and by documented news stories and reports from the AHL teams he played on not worth acquiring.

ADA is an immature human being. He's not being canceled for his beliefs. He's being traded around like used gum and cut because he is undisciplined on the ice, his defense is mediocre at best, and he has caused issues of some variety with on-ice or post-game actions at every place he's been. He's not being f***ing canceled. He's been waived because he started a fight with a teammate about some bullshit after coming to the team with a history of this stuff. Once you're an immature, petulant kid, twice, you're a reclamation project, three times, you're just an asshole.

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
I'm not sure why us picking him up is even a conversation. Yzerman traded him specifically because of his attitude problems (for a 2nd round pick, no less). He's not going to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

What EXACTLY did he say and do?

The fallout as anyone can pull out is that the Rangers had a bad miscommunication between Georgiev and ADA in an OT game that led to them losing the game. Don't know what the flub was... but ADA and Georgiev got into it and however it looked, Chris Kreider came in and just popped ADA in the mouth. This seems to be the sparking incident.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The fallout as anyone can pull out is that the Rangers had a bad miscommunication between Georgiev and ADA in an OT game that led to them losing the game. Don't know what the flub was... but ADA and Georgiev got into it and however it looked, Chris Kreider came in and just popped ADA in the mouth. This seems to be the sparking incident.
Now the rumor is that K'Andre Miller broke them up :laugh: I'm sure that has nothing to do with the story morphing over time to be about TDA/Miller :rolleyes:

I don't care about the specifics anymore. I don't care what exactly he said or what exactly was done, everywhere he goes he seems to be a problem. Our GM was the first GM to ship his ass out, he was never coming to Detroit.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Now the rumor is that K'Andre Miller broke them up :laugh: I'm sure that has nothing to do with the story morphing over time to be about TDA/Miller :rolleyes:

I don't care about the specifics anymore. I don't care what exactly he said or what exactly was done, everywhere he goes he seems to be a problem. Our GM was the first GM to ship his ass out, he was never coming to Detroit.

Be that as it may (and that twist is pretty ridiculous), it doesn't change the fact that ADA has his reputation for a reason and it's not because twitter sources of various levels of repute.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Smart money says he was not waived because of one isolated incident

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

Right. I did say something about that in my response about being a moral judge. The Rangers clearly weren't interested in putting up with his shit. Like "We'll give you 2x4.8, Tony, but knock it off with the bullshit". He didn't knock it off with the bullshit, so he got waived.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I don't know why this is so hard and why it is so unnecessary to talk about his past or whatever. The Rangers made a heavy investment and they are doing whatever is necessary to cut ties. Clearly there is something about this guy that is just plain toxic. And the fact that he just passed through waivers should help hammer that home.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

What EXACTLY did he say and do?

No one knows, a lot of speculation considering his past and various rumor mongering. Really, it doesn't matter what he did. We get a pretty darn good idea that he clearly stepped out of bounds just by how the Rangers are cutting him loose. It'll be interesting if they assign him to their AHL club, let him stay up and sit in the box, or just tell him to go home and collect his check.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Right. I did say something about that in my response about being a moral judge. The Rangers clearly weren't interested in putting up with his shit. Like "We'll give you 2x4.8, Tony, but knock it off with the bullshit". He didn't knock it off with the bullshit, so he got waived.

I wonder if Tony DeAngelo will be the only gone after this incident.
Alt captain punches a guy.
Goalie evidently in it.
GM signed a guy who's on waivers 9 games into a seasn.
Coach apparently let these things fester.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
No one knows, a lot of speculation considering his past and various rumor mongering. Really, it doesn't matter what he did. We get a pretty darn good idea that he clearly stepped out of bounds just by how the Rangers are cutting him loose. It'll be interesting if they assign him to their AHL club, let him stay up and sit in the box, or just tell him to go home and collect his check.
If no one really knows why is the consensus online to stay away from this kid? Seems like the "cancel culture" striking again...

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I wonder if Tony DeAngelo will be the only gone after this incident.
Alt captain punches a guy.
Goalie evidently in it.
GM signed a guy who's on waivers 9 games into a seasn.
Coach apparently let these things fester.

They're not getting rid of Georgiev and Kreider.

Coach will be fired shortly is my guess, and the GM is on the hot seat because this Rangers team should be a playoff team with the players they have.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If no one really knows why is the consensus online to stay away from this kid? Seems like the "cancel culture" striking again...
Traded for a second round pick after 43 point 69 game AHL season at 20 years old
Traded a year later after 14 points in 39 NHL games and 16 points in 25 AHL games
Waived a few months after signing a 2 year ~10 million dollar deal and putting up 53 points in 68 NHL games

"No one really knows why he was waived, f***in cancel culture run amok"
:laugh:

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

“cancel culture” is a catch phrase made up in retaliation to the fact that we live in a world where our words and actions impact people around us and the fact that actions have consequences, such as being on waivers

you can be damn sure that if Tony was innocent or this was a one off incident the rangers wouldn’t be trying to trade/waive him. His transaction history throughout his playing career clearly indicates this guy cause more problems than he is worth, full stop. This is reinforced by the fact no one wants him now.

These kind of things don’t happen to innocent people, especially those with immense talent.

Last edited:

Henkovic

Feb 22, 2016
Eskilstuna
Rangers can give us DeAngelo and their 1st round pick 2021 and 2022 for "future consideration". Then we'll bury DeAngelo in the beer league or something until buyout... :)

Hell, we could even throw Staal in this deal... xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad