Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Predators sign Mike Fisher (1 year, $1 million)

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I believe until he was drafted he was listed as either a winger or a center. That could be what threw you.
Does he occasionally takes faceoffs? I dont mean being forced to after the center is thrown out.

Well at least now I know. Feels weird thinking of him as a winger now lol.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Does he occasionally takes faceoffs? I dont mean being forced to after the center is thrown out.

Well at least now I know. Feels weird thinking of him as a winger now lol.

Maybe ever so occasionally, but not that I notice to be honest.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
all this tells me is that bonino,bonino,bonino has been a flop.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
He's taken 41 in his career.

upload_2018-1-31_18-23-32.png

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Sounds like a fan-franchise move.

In case you haven't noticed, and by your post it appears you havent, Preds don't need to make moves just to appease the fanbase any more. This was a hockey based decision. Fisher instantly improves this team.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
He would've already signed I think but notice how theyre waiting for the deadline. Gives Poile a chance to make one more move, then sign Fisher to whatever cap space is left.

This team, management, city, are so hungry for the cup. Fisher is gonna help tremendously wether we notice it or not. Poile keeps stacking chips.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
He would've already signed I think but notice how theyre waiting for the deadline. Gives Poile a chance to make one more move, then sign Fisher to whatever cap space is left.

This team, management, city, are so hungry for the cup. Fisher is gonna help tremendously wether we notice it or not. Poile keeps stacking chips.

so the question is.... is this cap circumvention?

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
so the question is.... is this cap circumvention?

The Preds have something like 15 million in deadline cap space. He isn't sneaking around trying to save some extra cap, he literally just now decided he wants to play again and started skating, he's going to skate and practice to get into game shape and then sign. No sense forcing Nashville to waive someone when Fisher likely won't be ready to actually play in a game for a couple of weeks at minimum. They should hand out tinfoil hats around here.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
The Preds have something like 15 million in deadline cap space. He isn't sneaking around trying to save some extra cap, he literally just now decided he wants to play again and started skating, he's going to skate and practice to get into game shape and then sign. No sense forcing Nashville to waive someone when Fisher likely won't be ready to actually play in a game for a couple of weeks at minimum. They should hand out tinfoil hats around here.

free tin foil hat? sign me up. ;)

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
He's on the same ES pace as he was on last year and the year before.
problem is he wasn't getting 4 million last year or the year before. 12 points for 4 million is bad. they expected more and now they think maybe fisher can pick up some of the slack. I doubt it.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
problem is he wasn't getting 4 million last year or the year before. 12 points for 4 million is bad. they expected more and now they think maybe fisher can pick up some of the slack. I doubt it.

Then if that's the case, they'd better put him on the PP a hell of a lot more then what they're currently doing. Cutting someone's PP time 70-80% is a pretty big cut and comes with the expected decrease in PP production.

Additionally why would they have expected a big increase in production just because they gave him a raise? He signed the old contract 3 years ago. Things change and salary gets adjusted based on the market. But anyone who expected much of an increase in production had unrealistic expectations to begin with.

Reactions: ThirdManIn

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Then if that's the case, they'd better put him on the PP a hell of a lot more then what they're currently doing. Cutting someone's PP time 70-80% is a pretty big cut and comes with the expected decrease in PP production.
He's also coming off an injury which is another reason I think his play has gotten better as of late.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
This is really cool. I almost maybe kind of hope the Preds win the cup not really nevermind burn in hell I love you Mike Fisher.
Why not? One of our darling favourite posters started a Preds SCF GDT on our board last year. A few of our posters will talk all day about how much Poile is better at being a GM than Armstrong. (If you're willing to listen). Heck, maybe we should just merge our boards? :sarcasm::thumbd:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Interesting, he is going to bump someone out of the line and it's going to take the rest of the regular season (at best) to get game ready. I like Fisher but concerned if he's going to be a help over what they are currently icing, even at 4C with his long lay off.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Interesting, he is going to bump someone out of the line and it's going to take the rest of the regular season (at best) to get game ready. I like Fisher but concerned if he's going to be a help over what they are currently icing, even at 4C with his long lay off.

It's not like we're going to throw him into the fire right away. He'll probably get a week or two of practices in and then play a 10 minutes for a few games and see where he's at. I'm assuming in the 8 months off he hasn't forgotten how to win a faceoff and he still knows where to be on defense, which is really helpful even if he's only a 4th liner and he's likely going to bring a lot more offensive skill than most 4th liners have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad