Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Predators sign Mike Fisher (1 year, $1 million)

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Interesting news. Got to wonder if his coming back makes Nashville the favorites in the West for next year.
I don't think it should really move the needle one way or the other. His greatest benefit will come in the locker room. He is a former captain and his teammates love him. He's a motivating presence and I'm sure helping Mike win a cup is on a lot of their to-do lists.

fischi

Apr 8, 2009
PA
Nothing like sitting back watching until the team makes the playoffs then returning lol. Still a solid player but how long will he take to get to game speed.....

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Man if we can acquire someone like Tatar too.

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
Fiala - Turris - Smith
Tatar - Bonino - Jarnkrok
Hartnell - Fisher - Sissons/Watson
x: Salomaki

hnghhh.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Likable player but missing as much hockey as he has at his age is usually not a good thing. Hopefully he is a useful addition by the time the playoffs start.

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
This has been in the works for some time... and I thought it would be a great acquisition for the Predators. The system hasn't changed, which will allow Fisher to roll right into the game and he has been practicing (on his own) with guidance from the club. He is great in the locker room, he has the skills needed to support the club on the ice (faceoffs, bottom-6 minutes) and he was quite solid on the second unit PP.

But most importantly, this is a key guy that required no assets to bring in.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
"I know...i know i retired but im gonna wait to see how the team does before i decide if i want to play again"

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
"I know...i know i retired but im gonna wait to see how the team does before i decide if i want to play again"

Not even close. He retired even though the team wanted him to return last summer. Apparently had some trouble dealing with being out of the game. Poile asked him to come back ad he took them up on it.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
A bit of a strange signing, considering they’ve already got 5 centres (RyJo, Turris, Jarnkrok, Sissons and Bonino). I guess Jarnkrok, Sissons and Bonino can all play wing if necessary, though. I’m guessing Fisher will play 4C?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Preds are sailing. Why screw with that chemistry?

I mean they are good enough to where it probably wont matter but why even risk it? The Preds don't owe Fisher anything. So many times you see guys come back just for a playoff run (not just NHL) and it can be upsetting to some of the team who have worked so hard to get them where they are.

I don't know. Again I don't see it being an issue with the Preds but stranger things have happened. They were playing like garbage before they got Turris so one guy can make a difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad