Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Predators sign Mike Fisher (1 year, $1 million)

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
He will be well rested but 37.... I wonder how he has been working out while not playing, it could take a while to get back into game shape, harder to do the older you get

Last edited by a moderator:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
According to the Score...the Preds approached him and convinced him to come back, says he was quite happily enjoying retirement.
everyone is "happy with retirement". Carrie underwood had said he was dealing with depression since being away from the game. nothing too sinister but not hard to imagine fisher "missing being with the boys".

Reactions: Liferleafer

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
everyone is "happy with retirement". Carrie underwood had said he was dealing with depression since being away from the game. nothing too sinister but not hard to imagine fisher "missing being with the boys".
In retrospect this shouldn't be surprising. I can't imagine how much he wrestled with the decision considering that he didn't make it official until when? August? He was probably "content" with retirement, but likely a little empty.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wonder if this pushes the Predators to go harder after Pacioretty, to be honest. Since they will have 6 centers on the roster, they could probably use Jarnkrok as the main piece for Pacioretty, and Fisher coming out of retirement to try to win the cup is probably a jump for management to go all in this year.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Fisher didn't officially retire until well after the expansion draft. This wasn't some secret plan, people love to try to create controversy, huh?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
False.
The expansion draft was June 21st, he still would've been under contract. Similar to Chris Thorburn for the Jets at the time.
Fisher was available to Vegas. They chose not to take him, presumably because he was a UFA and could have signed elsewhere July 1. His retirement (which wasnt announced until August)didn't affect the expansion at all. You might want to try understanding an issue before you post in ignorance

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
he can automatically join the team upon un-retiring? is there not some sort of waiver process? How exactly does it work

Reactions: haveandare

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
he can automatically join the team upon un-retiring? is there not some sort of waiver process? How exactly does it work
I'm fairly certain since he retired as an unsigned UFA player he can do whatever he wants. A player who retires while under contract would have to jump through some hoops to come back I believe

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'm fairly certain since he retired as an unsigned UFA player he can do whatever he wants. A player who retires while under contract would have to jump through some hoops to come back I believe
yea that's what i thought too.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
His wife is insanely rich. No need to chase a big money contract late in his career. Retirement = no waivers. Connecting the dots it seems like he just wanted to take half the season off to rest his body & spend time with the family, then come back for another Cup push with Nashville.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
There's really no downside to this. Even if Fisher can't provide much offensively he can still be an effective 4th liner with taking faceoffs and strong defensive plays. That in addition to just having a respected veteran presence in the lockeroom.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
There's really no downside to this. Even if Fisher can't provide much offensively he can still be an effective 4th liner with taking faceoffs and strong defensive plays. That in addition to just having a respected veteran presence in the lockeroom.
He's been to 2 Cup finals and played many years in the league. The Preds roster is still relatively young, I think it will be invaluable having Fisher there in sort of a team dad role.

Reactions: donghabs98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad