Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Predators sign Mike Fisher (1 year, $1 million)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It's not like we're going to throw him into the fire right away. He'll probably get a week or two of practices in and then play a 10 minutes for a few games and see where he's at. I'm assuming in the 8 months off he hasn't forgotten how to win a faceoff and he still knows where to be on defense, which is really helpful even if he's only a 4th liner and he's likely going to bring a lot more offensive skill than most 4th liners have.

Yeah it's just getting up to game speed. You're just getting into the game when other guys are in mid-season form. I hope the Preds win a cup, they deserve it. Fisher is a good guy, and even in the "Battle of Ontario" days, I respected Fisher a lot as a Leafs fan.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Depending on whatever moves they make towards the deadling, Nashville could be very dangerous. Especially after how the Final played out, adding Fisher, the crazy amount of depth they have and now they potentially have something else to play for in the sense that im sure all of them would love to help Fisher finally get a Cup. Color me shocked though, players dont usually come out of retirement like this often. Or else it seems that way

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Trouble at home with Ms. Underwood? :sarcasm:

Rumor has it she dug her key into the side of his pretty little souped up four wheel drive.......

giphy.gif

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
No he isn't. The same as last year, yes. He was much better the year before, at least in p/60.

15/16: 63 games, 26 ES points - 33.8 ES point pace
16/17: 80 games, 25 ES points - 25.6 ES point pace
17/18: 37 games, 12 ES points - 26.6 ES point pace

And 15/16 had an insane PPG run near the end of the season that despite how much Pittsburgh tried to replicate - couldn't. HBK was magic where everything went perfect for ~45 games late in the spring and throughout the playoffs... then disappeared and was never seen again. And in fact where so ineffectual going forward that come the POs in 16/17 Sullivan quickly separated them.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
15/16: 63 games, 26 ES points - 33.8 ES point pace
16/17: 80 games, 25 ES points - 25.6 ES point pace
17/18: 37 games, 12 ES points - 26.6 ES point pace

And 15/16 had an insane PPG run near the end of the season that despite how much Pittsburgh tried to replicate - couldn't. HBK was magic where everything went perfect for ~45 games late in the spring and throughout the playoffs... then disappeared and was never seen again. And in fact where so ineffectual going forward that come the POs in 16/17 Sullivan quickly separated them.

Cool, I guess. I was just telling you you were wrong. And the numbers show that, I don't really care for a lecture on the reasoning according to you, just correcting an incorrect statement.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Interesting, he is going to bump someone out of the line and it's going to take the rest of the regular season (at best) to get game ready. I like Fisher but concerned if he's going to be a help over what they are currently icing, even at 4C with his long lay off.

If there are concerns about his ability to go they can simply wait until the TDL to sign him, and after the deadline the roster limit is lifted. Unless I'm just reading the waiver rules incorrectly, they shouldn't have to expose anyone to waivers either.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
If there are concerns about his ability to go they can simply wait until the TDL to sign him, and after the deadline the roster limit is lifted. Unless I'm just reading the waiver rules incorrectly, they shouldn't have to expose anyone to waivers either.

May have to demote someone for at least a day for that to work though.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
He definitely isn't the 2C he was signed to be.

Which is why Benning moved him from Vancouver. Bonino needs to be a 3rd line center or below in order to be effective.

At the time when the Canucks moved him, Horvat still needed some time to grow and develop in lesser roles, and Bonino simply wasn't going to be that guy for us. Hence - Benning's foresight to trade for Sutter. Although Sutter battled injuries, his presence in the line-up was what helped insulate Horvat and allowed Horvat to grow into the player that he is today.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
May have to demote someone for at least a day for that to work though.

Yeah but that's fine as long as they don't have to make anyone go through waivers. I'm pretty sure both Aberg and Gaudreau could be sent down without risking waivers.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah but that's fine as long as they don't have to make anyone go through waivers. I'm pretty sure both Aberg and Gaudreau could be sent down without risking waivers.
Fiala is the only waiver exempt player outside of Saros.

Game on 2/25. - Demote Fiala after
Trade Deadline on 2/26 (no game) - Sign Fisher
Day after TDL 2/27- Recall Fiala as one of the post TDL call ups.

OttawaKing

May 24, 2012
Same reason Mario Lemieux and Theo Fleury aren't, because up until 24 hours ago, he was a retired hockey player.

I understand the point you're trying to make but I think the situation is slightly different. The fact that he is rejoining Nashville itself shows he can still play at a high level. Team Canada publicly stated that they were interested in him as well. I was more wondering if someone had more insight into the situation. i.e If he didn't want to, or team Canada didn't want him anymore etc.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I understand the point you're trying to make but I think the situation is slightly different. The fact that he is rejoining Nashville itself shows he can still play at a high level. Team Canada publicly stated that they were interested in him as well. I was more wondering if someone had more insight into the situation. i.e If he didn't want to, or team Canada didn't want him anymore etc.
I think he wasn't interested at that time. When the Preds first approached him about this in December, he flat out said no. But over time the Poile, Laviolette, Josi and even Carrie Underwood convinced him to do it. He said that Carrie asked him daily about coming back.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Is that for just the rest of this year?
The remainder of this year, plus next year?
Or 1 year from today, so next TDL he’s done?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad