Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Predators sign Mike Fisher (1 year, $1 million)

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
His wife is insanely rich. No need to chase a big money contract late in his career. Retirement = no waivers. Connecting the dots it seems like he just wanted to take half the season off to rest his body & spend time with the family, then come back for another Cup push with Nashville.

Yea makes sense. Good for Fisher and Preds.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He isn't going to be traded. This is a 37 year old coming back for likely only one year, it's only going to affect the fringe NHL players like Aberg or Salomaki.

He asked what we would want for bonino, not fisher.

And to be honest I am not sure but would love to send bonino in a package for JVR

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
He asked what we would want for bonino, not fisher.

And to be honest I am not sure but would love to send bonino in a package for JVR

And I responded with regards to Bonino. Signing a 37 year old for 1/4 of the season doesn't affect Bonino. He isn't going to be traded.

Reactions: ThirdManIn

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
And I responded with regards to Bonino. Signing a 37 year old for 1/4 of the season doesn't affect Bonino. He isn't going to be traded.

Ok I see what your saying. I just think we could move him or jarnkrok. Keeping jarnkrok in expansion draft as third line centre isn’t helping us much when we could have Neal.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Ok I see what your saying. I just think we could move him or jarnkrok. Keeping jarnkrok in expansion draft as third line centre isn’t helping us much when we could have Neal.

Jarnkrok is playing wing now and doing just fine. Bonino and Jarnkrok are also two of the best defensive forwards on the team and play a ton on the Preds top 10 PK. I don't think they're available

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Well Predators just gained back quality vet center. See them for sure doing a trade as they should be all in it for cup.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He may have run out of gas by the time last season's playoffs started. He had 4 assists in 20 post season games.

If he can get the rust off in the regular season, he might be able to contribute in the playoffs more than he did last year.

Reactions: Dog

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He may have run out of gas by the time last season's playoffs started. He had 4 assists in 20 post season games.

If he can get the rust off in the regular season, he might be able to contribute in the playoffs more than he did last year.

Thing is he played pretty well, he had a ton of chances, he just was snake bit all to hell and back.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Makes sense and worth it for Nashville to be sure. Saying that, what's the over under on him getting injured or the # of games he plays.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Forsberg has always been a winger. And our best forward.
Thinking about Peter? ;)
You wish it was Peter hahaha.

I dont know why I thought Forsberg was a center this entire time. Always wondered why they needed a center! Interesting. Definitely makes sense then if he is in a 4C role (if he hasn't been working out as much I doubt he gets 3C)

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
You wish it was Peter hahaha.

I dont know why I thought Forsberg was a center this entire time. Always wondered why they needed a center! Interesting. Definitely makes sense then if he is in a 4C role (if he hasn't been working out as much I doubt he gets 3C)

I believe until he was drafted he was listed as either a winger or a center. That could be what threw you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad