Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Predators sign Mike Fisher (1 year, $1 million)

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Preds are sailing. Why screw with that chemistry?

I mean they are good enough to where it probably wont matter but why even risk it? The Preds don't owe Fisher anything. So many times you see guys come back just for a playoff run (not just NHL) and it can be upsetting to some of the team who have worked so hard to get them where they are.

I don't know. Again I don't see it being an issue with the Preds but stranger things have happened. They were playing like garbage before they got Turris so one guy can make a difference.

Going to the finals showed us how many injuries can and will happen. I'd rather have depth than be an injury or two away from icing Sissions as no.1 c like last year.

Reactions: preds1

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Not even close. He retired even though the team wanted him to return last summer. Apparently had some trouble dealing with being out of the game. Poile asked him to come back ad he took them up on it.
Well that even further makes the statement more correct. He retired and now with 20 or so games remaining he want's to come back.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
A bit of a strange signing, considering they’ve already got 5 centres (RyJo, Turris, Jarnkrok, Sissons and Bonino). I guess Jarnkrok, Sissons and Bonino can all play wing if necessary, though. I’m guessing Fisher will play 4C?

Sorry if this has been covered, but center depth should look like Johansen > Turris > Bonino > Fisher. Jarnkrok has already been playing wing, and Sissons has been moved between center and wing since last year.

Reactions: ponder

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Well that even further makes the statement more correct. He retired and now with 20 or so games remaining he want's to come back.

I would imagine that Fisher knew before he retired that the team would be pretty good. Last year's second half of the season and playoffs should have told anyone who was paying attention that Nashville would be a solid team, and then they added Turris. It's much more likely that he simply thought he was ready to hang it up, spent some time retired, and it never felt right. The team had an open-door policy with him (he was able to attend practices and what not). He kind of stayed in touch that way, and spoke with Poile at various times. Apparently, it was a lunch with Josi which finally made up his mind on returning.

That seems like a more likely progression of events than Fisher retired thinking that the team may be mediocre, saw that they were pretty good, and decided he wanted to hop back on the train.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad