1B Myers. RF Marte
SS Kim. LF Canha
CF Grisham. 3B Escobar
C Nola. C Nido
P Darvish. P Scherzer

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Excellent work Max. Shakes off Nido not once but twice then gives up a 2 out jack to Trent Grisham

The same Grisham boys and girls who hit a ROBUST buck eighty four on the season and lost his job down the stretch

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
First clue to Mike C.

Thanks to you Allan Ludden. It's nice to be here on Password. Been a lifelong fan.

Pass or play Mike. The password is Scherzer

I'm gonna play Allan.

REBATE

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
The 7th was the big inning that eluded us the whole Braves series. Do or die tomorrow, let's get the job done.

Meanwhile, is there a way for both the Braves and Phillies to lose the NLDS series?

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
The 7th was the big inning that eluded us the whole Braves series. Do or die tomorrow, let's get the job done.

Meanwhile, is there a way for both the Braves and Phillies to lose the NLDS series?
My god it got down to the tieing run at the plate in the 9th. I certainly was thinking uh oh here it comes with all the crazy comebacks in these playoffs.
Those insurance runs really paid off.

I have to admit DeGrom has severely disappointed me in late September, I guess I will have to accept electric for half a game and he will keep us in the game for 5-6 innings. That does not bode well for this team who needs 7+ in the playoffs and does not earn him the highest contract in MLB history.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
My god it got down to the tieing run at the plate in the 9th. I certainly was thinking uh oh here it comes with all the crazy comebacks in these playoffs.
Those insurance runs really paid off.

I have to admit DeGrom has severely disappointed me in late September, I guess I will have to accept electric for half a game and he will keep us in the game for 5-6 innings. That does not bode well for this team who needs 7+ in the playoffs and does not earn him the highest contract in MLB history.
Keeping us in the game was huge. Very different than what Max did. (Or didn't) do. Still need to improve situational hitting. Musgrave likely won't be wild like Snell

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

Padres bullpen usage is awful. Suarez and Martinez are their only reliable guys and Martinez faltered in September. Mets need to be patient and get Musgrove to throw a lot of pitches. Gotta quick hook Bassitt if he struggles like he did vs ATL

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
He was solid all season. Just can't lay an egg.

I think this will be a hard game to win unless they score 5-6 plus runs. Ottavino is unavailable, Lugo is never good on his 3rd day and Diaz threw 28. Had those guys been used at minimum last night I would feel good here because Musgrove is very up and down and usually much better home vs road and Bassitt is sort of due for a decent start

Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I think if Bassett struggles early, it's Walker's game. Hopefully Bassett can go 7. I expect him to go Diaz for 2 innings if need be

Nice subtle move putting McNeil 5th. I might have gone Big Dan 6 and move Canha down one more to 7

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I think if Bassett struggles early, it's Walker's game. Hopefully Bassett can go 7. I expect him to go Diaz for 2 innings if need be

Nice subtle move putting McNeil 5th. I might have gone Big Dan 6 and move Canha down one more to 7

If they were to win tonight I'd prefer Carrasco anyhow in game 1 vs LA...it seems management prefers Walker but if he gets in tonight it'll be Carrasco in game 1 if they get there

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
If they were to win tonight I'd prefer Carrasco anyhow in game 1 vs LA...it seems management prefers Walker but if he gets in tonight it'll be Carrasco in game 1 if they get there
With you 100 percent on Carrasco. I think they activated Walker for tonight after they lost game 1 because he's probably better suited foe a relief appearance

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
This team is showing no heart quite disappointing for a 100 win team. Should have made some upgrades at the trade deadline to improve the pen and give them some quality behind Alonso. They wouldnt be in this position if they did.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
What a tragedy for a 101 win team. Blows their division lead then goes out in the WC round like this. I predict a rather chaotic offseason.
Canha folded down the stretch and this series. No production from C and Max was garbage last 2 games.

Nimmo must be re signed.

Other lingering questions abound like Will Jake come back, Bassitt too

Last question I have is who tips the scale higher, Big Dan or Wayne Kirby?

This team is showing no heart quite disappointing for a 100 win team. Should have made some upgrades at the trade deadline to improve the pen and give them some quality behind Alonso. They wouldnt be in this position if they did.
Time to focus on hockey Wanger!

Reactions: WangMustGo

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
they didn't deserve it. padres played well. might be a good series vs dodgers although LA has exquisite bully and SD is not strong there but the SP and timely hitting may make them competitive

The Padres basically have no backbone vs LA

That series is already over before it started

Mets lost this series at the trade deadline the division also. 9000 IQ level trades and farm system defense.
Because mortgaging your farm system is the way to go

SD has no depth no farm system no prospects no nothing

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
The Padres basically have no backbone vs LA

That series is already over before it started

Because mortgaging your farm system is the way to go

SD has no depth no farm system no prospects no nothing
What they DO have is a date in the next series while the Mets have a date in the John Taveras early round Elimination Open Invitational

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: