OT: MLB 2022 Discussion

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Millionaires vs Billionaires. No reason to take sides or argue over it. Owners don't need nor want April baseball. Season likely starts in May is what I have been saying for the longest time.

And for the love of God PLEASE put Gil in for some innings this season.

**Side question. I am moving to South Carolina in July. For those of you who live out of state how is MLB TV?

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Millionaires vs Billionaires. No reason to take sides or argue over it. Owners don't need nor want April baseball. Season likely starts in May is what I have been saying for the longest time.

And for the love of God PLEASE put Gil in for some innings this season.

**Side question. I am moving to South Carolina in July. For those of you who live out of state how is MLB TV?
i live in NC, right outside Charlotte. MLB TV is pretty good. does a lot of live look ins. I had extra innings package last season, aside from the blackouts of reds, nats, braves and i think orioles(mostly NL Mets fan and fantasy player) on Dish TV. it was great especially for staying up late and watching west coast games. i think i paid like 140 for the season split into 4 payments on the monthly bill. also got center ice this season, only 60 bucks total. that's where i watch most of isles games

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
i live in NC, right outside Charlotte. MLB TV is pretty good. does a lot of live look ins. I had extra innings package last season, aside from the blackouts of reds, nats, braves and i think orioles(mostly NL Mets fan and fantasy player) on Dish TV. it was great especially for staying up late and watching west coast games. i think i paid like 140 for the season split into 4 payments on the monthly bill. also got center ice this season, only 60 bucks total. that's where i watch most of isles games

I guess Extra Innings is what I am looking for then. It'll be more expensive to get all the sports packages but everything else is insanely cheaper :)

I think the girlfriend and I are going to go without cable and stream everything. I feel like it will work out as long as I can watch my AEW every Wednesday through a TBS app or something. Everything else we pretty much watch on streaming services already anyway.

Thanks for letting me know!

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I guess Extra Innings is what I am looking for then. It'll be more expensive to get all the sports packages but everything else is insanely cheaper :)

I think the girlfriend and I are going to go without cable and stream everything. I feel like it will work out as long as I can watch my AEW every Wednesday through a TBS app or something. Everything else we pretty much watch on streaming services already anyway.

No problem man. I pay like 105 for dish package but that's with a receiver in 4 rooms plus a protection package for free service if something technical goes wrong. I only get MLB and NHL, couldn't justify getting NBA to the wife on top of all that. There is TVG on the package so I can follow the horses

Don't know what it is up there but gas here is 3.59/gallon as of yesterday. Haven't been past a station yet today in case it went up.

Where in SC are you moving to?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
No problem man. I pay like 105 for dish package but that's with a receiver in 4 rooms plus a protection package for free service if something technical goes wrong. I only get MLB and NHL, couldn't justify getting NBA to the wife on top of all that. There is TVG on the package so I can follow the horses

Don't know what it is up there but gas here is 3.59/gallon as of yesterday. Haven't been past a station yet today in case it went up.

Where in SC are you moving to?

I already get the NFL package here in NY. So I will likely get the NHL, MLB, and NFL packages each year. If the Knicks ever have a good team again I do enjoy watching them as well. Around me gas is certainly higher than $3.59. Not much higher but I have found gas is slightly higher in NY than when I go down to SC in comparison (like everything else).

We are moving to Greenville. It is like a 1.5-2 hour drive from NC actually. So not super down south in SC. I have family that moved down to NC (near Raleigh) years ago. Best decision they ever made.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I already get the NFL package here in NY. So I will likely get the NHL, MLB, and NFL packages each year. If the Knicks ever have a good team again I do enjoy watching them as well. Around me gas is certainly higher than $3.59. Not much higher but I have found gas is slightly higher in NY than when I go down to SC in comparison (like everything else).

We are moving to Greenville. It is like a 1.5-2 hour drive from NC actually. So not super down south in SC. I have family that moved down to NC (near Raleigh) years ago. Best decision they ever made.

My fiancée is from Greenville, great town.

Possible destination for us one day, just a quick trip from Charlotte. Also can confirm best decision I ever made was the move to NC. Big fan of the 70’s in the forecast the next 5 days.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

Look at Sling. Much cheaper than cable, with lots of channels.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Look at Sling. Much cheaper than cable, with lots of channels.

Thanks we will take a look at Sling for when we move!

Possible destination for us one day, just a quick trip from Charlotte. Also can confirm best decision I ever made was the move to NC. Big fan of the 70’s in the forecast the next 5 days.

Small world eh? We just got approved for a lease in Simpsonville in particular. We went down last week and I severely miss the 70 degree weather. Ugh. I have many friends who have moved to Florida in the last two years and love it. Thankfully we are both teachers so plenty of time off to visit friends + family who still live in NY.

I will say the BBQ and more southern type food like grits is absolutely amazing down there. It is a worthy trade of the better BBQ and southern comfort food for pizza + bagels.

Reactions: eoin92

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

Greenville is about 2 hours from me. It's a quiet town. Very clean

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

I moved to Charlotte in 1990. When I went back to Manhattan for the first time, I looked around at how many buildings were crammed onto 1 city block and asked myself what took me so long to get the hell out. I've never looked back

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Baseball is hanging on by a thread. The greed from the MLB and MLBPA is obscene. All that's going to result is the fan having to pay more.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Small world eh? We just got approved for a lease in Simpsonville in particular. We went down last week and I severely miss the 70 degree weather. Ugh. I have many friends who have moved to Florida in the last two years and love it. Thankfully we are both teachers so plenty of time off to visit friends + family who still live in NY.

I will say the BBQ and more southern type food like grits is absolutely amazing down there. It is a worthy trade of the better BBQ and southern comfort food for pizza + bagels.

Ha, funny Simpsonville is exactly where she grew up. I've been able to find a pretty good pizza place but at this point I don't think I'll ever find a good bagel or true deli sandwich. Pros and Cons for everywhere.

To bring this back to MLB, I pretty shocked that there isn't a professional baseball team somewhere in the Carolinas. Atlanta is the closest to Charlotte but it's still 4-4.5 hours away.

Sure 70s in February sounds great, until you realize it’s 110 and 85% humidity in august.

Sure, it is hazy-hot-humid for more months June-September but it rarely gets above 100. And don't act like there isn't 85% humidity in the Tri-State area in August.

I love the summer and can't stand the prolonged winter creeping into April, but to each their own.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Sure, it is hazy-hot-humid for more months June-September but it rarely gets above 100. And don't act like there isn't 85% humidity in the Tri-State area in August.

I love the summer and can't stand the prolonged winter creeping into April, but to each their own.
Oh I agree with you - the older I get, the more winters suck. But also the older I get, the more I find extreme heat and humidity unbearable.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY

Live look at MLB and MLBPA negotiations

Best show on Netflix.

I am at a complete loss on how dumb MLB is here and how Manfred replaced Gary Bettman as the worst Commish in sports history. If I was Gary, Id sent MLB offices a fruit basket every day.

Between his bumbling on the cheating scandal, Moving the all star game to Colorado and now this. I love baseball more than hockey. It is my Summer sport and no matter how good or bad the Yankees do, it keeps me entertained. With nothing on TV I at least take solace knowing that I have a game on to give me background noise while I am playing on my phone.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Good news is we don't have to worry about Mets fans claiming "this is their year" again in April before the inevitable crash and burn. They can do it in May now.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Sure, it is hazy-hot-humid for more months June-September but it rarely gets above 100. And don't act like there isn't 85% humidity in the Tri-State area in August..

The temperatures and humidity are fairly comparable. It's the humidity at night that's the biggest difference. In the northeast, nightfall knocks out a big part of the humidity, where it just stays humid all the time in the south.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad