OT: MLB 2022 Discussion

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
“I can’t form a competent argument outside of ‘Mets bad’ and I don’t like the replies”

You know what they say, ask a stupid question...

Anybody crying, after the BS the Mets and their fans have gone through over the years, is simply ridiculous.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Bigger problem is losing other supplementary guys like De Oca, Quintana, and seeing Senga already get hurt. Its worrisome
Pitching is always like that these days. What these guys do to their bodies go over the line of what human soft-tissue can endure. If teams could consistently win with pitchers who threw 94 mph sinkers, and 87 mph changeups, pitchers would make 35 starts a year + pitch 200 plus innings consistently. But they can't - they'd get lit up, especially as computerized strike zone tracking don't allow them to 'expand the zone'.

I feel like I knew that when Pedro could only throw 92-93. Even with his control, intelligence, and arsenal of pitch types, he'd be on the edge of getting lit up. It's one of the reasons why baseball seems so unreal to me now. Ptichers are freaks who are always one or two mechanical mistakes away from surgery.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Stay healthy. Thats all I hope for this mets squad. They've sustained a few injuries already.

Bigger problem is losing other supplementary guys like De Oca, Quintana, and seeing Senga already get hurt. Its worrisome

Be healthy at the end of September. I'm preparing for the Mets geriatric pitchers to miss some regular season time.

Just get in the playoffs with Scherzer and Verlander healthy and I'm good. Don't need to win 101 games again, just be ready to go in October.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Be healthy at the end of September. I'm preparing for the Mets geriatric pitchers to miss some regular season time.

Just get in the playoffs with Scherzer and Verlander healthy and I'm good. Don't need to win 101 games again, just be ready to go in October.
Well bad news

Verlander's on the IL already...for a low grade strain...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad