OT: MLB 2022 Discussion

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Come on stop. He had 5 bad innings.
And a couple of bad 6th innings. His ERA is approaching three. Of course he's good but not pitching like the money he wants. Great point by Lightning Storm, one more bad game and he might not find a better deal than the Amazin's. Age 34. Seventeen wins in three years. If he finishes the year bad the Mets will hope he leaves.

That being said, lets see 12 ks and one or two runs tonight!

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
And a couple of bad 6th innings. His ERA is approaching three. Of course he's good but not pitching like the money he wants. Great point by Lightning Storm, one more bad game and he might not find a better deal than the Amazin's. Age 34. Seventeen wins in three years. If he finishes the year bad the Mets will hope he leaves.

That being said, lets see 12 ks and one or two runs tonight!
I can't even watch the game! I have extra innings package but because I live in Charlotte, Atlanta games are blacked out. I CAN however tune into ESPN for Tulane vs Houston Friday Night Football

Nice!

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I can't even watch the game! I have extra innings package but because I live in Charlotte, Atlanta games are blacked out. I CAN however tune into ESPN for Tulane vs Houston Friday Night Football

Nice!
We pay all this money for tv and they do shit like that. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I know man. I pay 115/mo plus the 140/yr for the baseball and then 70/yr for hockey. They block out Washington so I can't see next series either. I thought I saw somewhere that tomorrow's game is on Fox but who knows, the hilljacks down here might get an Appalachian St. Vs Corn Cob U game in who the hell knows what sport

Pretty sure Sunday is on ESPN

Reactions: WangMustGo

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise

Nice!
Atlanta's coverage area is huge. It's basically the entire southeast.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Unfortunately I have Dish TV. I loved it when the games were on TBS.

Good luck these next 5. Great season!
I have the mlb.tv thing and they blackout Mariners games. It's weird.

Yes, great season. I think I like baseball more than hockey at this point. Hockey has lost a lot of its personality.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I have the mlb.tv thing and they blackout Mariners games. It's weird.

Yes, great season. I think I like baseball more than hockey at this point. Hockey has lost a lot of its personality.
The extra innings package I have blacks out Braves, Nats and Reds. I think Orioles too but I'm predominantly an NL fan so I'm not 100 percent sure about Balt.

Strangely, only the Hurricanes games get blacked out for NHL

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The extra innings package I have blacks out Braves, Nats and Reds. I think Orioles too but I'm predominantly an NL fan so I'm not 100 percent sure about Balt.

Strangely, only the Hurricanes games get blacked out for NHL

I imagine the markets for the Braves and Nationals is significantly larger than the one for the Capitals in terms of geography.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Grew up a Braves fan (originally from Suffolk, LI), first baseball game was Mets-Braves. Decided to root for the 'other' team. Followed them on TBS for years, almost every game (definitely picked the right one in the 90's). Took long hiatuses, but the WS title brought me back in. Meandered through my first full 9-inning game last night in years, with the division on the line. What I took from it: not even a division-altering game changes things, Go Braves, and shit, what a boring, f***ing sport. Nothing beats the relentless excitement of hockey. Nothing.

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I imagine the markets for the Braves and Nationals is significantly larger than the one for the Capitals in terms of geography.
Hi PK,

I think but I'm not sure that it might have something to do with the fact that there is no MLB team in state but with the Canes being in NC, they can only black out those games. Regardless, I live in Charlotte and they black out the Reds. Don't understand that one at all!

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I was wrong. Today's game isn't on Fox. However Baylor vs Oklahoma St IS on for my viewing pleasure.

Think I'll hit the local Cafe for a canoli and Americano and cone back for a 4pm nap instead

What a life!!

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Same in Myrtle Beach, I hate having to listen to their announcers yuck.
You survive the storm OK? I saw some footage out of garden city that looked bad. My wife's friend in Surfside said the streets were like a river and the pool in her high rise building, where we spent last Christmas flooded out

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
You survive the storm OK? I saw some footage out of garden city that looked bad. My wife's friend in Surfside said the streets were like a river and the pool in her high rise building, where we spent last Christmas flooded out
I did thanks. I never lost power, I even played golf this morning. I saw some bad video from Pawleys island and even up in Cherry Grove.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I did thanks. I never lost power, I even played golf this morning. I saw some bad video from Pawleys island and even up in Cherry Grove.
Glad you're OK brother!

I just found out Dish TV and Disney are in a contract squabble. No Sunday night baseball for me in the most critical game of the season tomorrow

I love it in Myrtle area. Might have told you I got a great deal in Carolina Beach week before Christmas this year so off to the Wilmington coast we go!

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Gotta say. Credit where credit is due. Playing every single game, a line of .277 avg 98 rs 24 hr 95 rbi 18 sb and clutch hit after clutch hit looks like MVPish type numbers

Kudos to the quiet assassin MR. Swanson

Skidrow11

Jul 16, 2022
I don't root for the Mets to lose and if they won the world series against a team other than. The Yankees I wouldn't get upset about it...but watching them get checked by Atlanta has been a little enjoyable. The media and met fans handed them the crown to nyc 2 months ago. So much that the only question was how much the payroll gona be to bring back the greatest team ever assembled. It was a little much. Maybe the most annoying part was the Diaz love. The guy was really no good with the Mets. Wonmuch that he would of been released if they hadn't owed him money and taken Cano to get him. Then the media and met fans gona act like he's Mariano. Please. He has great years and then very bad years. That's not someone to be celebrating and dancing to.

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
Glad you're OK brother!

I just found out Dish TV and Disney are in a contract squabble. No Sunday night baseball for me in the most critical game of the season tomorrow

I love it in Myrtle area. Might have told you I got a great deal in Carolina Beach week before Christmas this year so off to the Wilmington coast we go!
I remember you saying something about that. You can stream the islanders game instead lol

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
That 3rd inning (both the top and bottom) was so enraging to me I had go on a walk afterwards. Not getting any more runs with 1st and 3rd w/ no outs then Bassitt losing his control in the bottom of the inning was inexcusable in a game of this magnitude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad