Value of: Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Also one is not like the other. Laine is a pure goal scorer 40 goals 20ish assists. Marner has 19 goals. But I wouldn't trade petro for either. Also kane and laine are elite wingers, Marner hasn't hit that status yet.
you oughta watch this kid, cause you're missing a whole lot

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
you oughta watch this kid, cause you're missing a whole lot
Your comparing him to players that are far superior to him and calling him elite. Laine, kane are elite. But like I said I wouldn't trade petro nor parayko for marner. He is a 19 - 20 goal scorin winger who is a defensive liability. So much that Babcock has had to move him down the lineup several times. I have seen him play he is impressive but he hasn't proven he us worth an elite dman. Do Please EXPLAUN HIW He is

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Your comparing him to players that are far superior to him and calling him elite. Laine, kane are elite. But like I said I wouldn't trade petro nor parayko for marner. He is a 19 - 20 goal scorin winger who is a defensive liability. So much that Babcock has had to move him down the lineup several times. I have seen him play he is impressive but he hasn't proven he us worth an elite dman. Do Please EXPLAUN HIW He is

obviously i can't seeing as you've already cast you're opinion in stone, but you entitled to that opinion even if it is wrong

see defensive liability:laugh: for an example

young Mitch is driving the Leaf bus atm, and anybody who has watched the Leafs since December knows that and also knows that he is no liability...he had a rough start to the season which killed his +/- but since december has put up 44 pts in 46 games, as a comparable Laine has put up 49 in 46; 5 points difference, not as far apart as you thought huh?

While you seem to think that he's not as good as whomever you wish to name right now, chances are he will be the better player by mid season next year

someone said earlier in this thread that he's the best playmaker in toronto since doug gilmour...that is no exaggeration and Marner is elite

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Will never take anything i read from you seriously again.

Marner

Hi I'm Mitch
Jan 30, 2010
Ottawa
He is even more impressive when you see he is barley averaging 16min a game.

Higher p/60 min than
Matthews, Crosby, burgeron, Kopitar, scheifele, Tavares, Eichel, Draisatil, Kane :naughty:

Not saying he's better but Give the dude some more ice babs

Cotton

May 13, 2013

:laugh:

Why even post? I mean, what’s the point, just say i’m partial to my players and don’t know enough to speak about the other guy.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
obviously i can't seeing as you've already cast you're opinion in stone, but you entitled to that opinion even if it is wrong

see defensive liability:laugh: for an example

young Mitch is driving the Leaf bus atm, and anybody who has watched the Leafs since December knows that and also knows that he is no liability...he had a rough start to the season which killed his +/- but since december has put up 44 pts in 46 games, as a comparable Laine has put up 49 in 46; 5 points difference, not as far apart as you thought huh?

While you seem to think that he's not as good as whomever you wish to name right now, chances are he will be the better player by mid season next year

someone said earlier in this thread that he's the best playmaker in toronto since doug gilmour...that is no exaggeration and Marner is elite
Once again he is not elite, he maybe in future but he is not now. His numbers don't prove it. I get it your high on him nothing wrong with that. I also know defense is usually something learned for young forward studs.

All in all great winger, great potential to become elite. But the fact is he is not elite yet and there fore will not get an elite #1d. Which is pretry much the highest rated player value wise in nhl

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Will never take anything i read from you seriously again.
The part were he doesn't play defense very well to the point that Babcock feels he needs to continually move him down the line up. Which by the way dedense is learned for most stud young forwards. Or the fact that he had 19 goals last year and has 19 this year. Both are facts

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
:laugh:

Why even post? I mean, what’s the point, just say i’m partial to my players and don’t know enough to speak about the other guy.

I'm posting because your delusional if marner gets you an elite #1 d. Please show where a young 60 70 pt 20g wUnger got you a top 10 dman in the league....show your math please

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017

You wouldn't trade a number #3 dman in Parayko for Marner?

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
A special player and by all accounts a great kid.

He's gonna be a fixture in the top 10 scoring leaders in his prime.

Gonna be a leaf for a very long time.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Do tell how parayko is a number three, gets 20+ mins secoND best defenseman on our team and has better stats than Morgan reily. So if that makes him a number 3 then marner is a 3rd liner lol.

Just let it go... we don't need every main board trade proposal post to have 3-4 pages of you back and forth going on and on while throwing jabs back at them. People think Parayko is a #3 guy? Fine it's an opinion, there's no reason to keep pouring gasoline on to fires that just piss everybody off.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Do tell how parayko is a number three, gets 20+ mins secoND best defenseman on our team and has better stats than Morgan reily. So if that makes him a number 3 then marner is a 3rd liner lol.

If he's so good and better than Morgan Rielly, why are the Blues about to miss the playoffs?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Just let it go... we don't need every main board trade proposal post to have 3-4 pages of you back and forth going on and on while throwing jabs back at them. People think Parayko is a #3 guy? Fine it's an opinion, there's no reason to keep pouring gasoline on to fires that just piss everybody off.
I was talking bout marner I didn't bring parayko into this. I just stated a 60 70 point winger doesn't get you an elite (top10) dman. They starred getting crazy

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He's a blast too watch.

Hopefully the game will continue to move toward more offense and players like Marner will be able to demonstrate their skills more often.

Death to the Trap and all things like it!!:laugh:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
This again? Weekly thread topic. Untouchable as per Leaf Fans.

Do you post this in every weekly thread?

It doesn't matter if most Toronto fans view him as "untouchable", as we're all allowed to assess/discuss the value of a player regardless of what team we consider ourselves a fan of

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I'm posting because your delusional if marner gets you an elite #1 d. Please show where a young 60 70 pt 20g wUnger got you a top 10 dman in the league....show your math please

Did I say Marner gets us an Elite #1 D? No, I said, well I asked but it was rhetorical, why you would bother posting about a player you clearly don’t know much about.

You cite an occurrence (though you say it was multiple times) where Marner was dropped to the 4th line during a slump early in his sophomore season, and reason it’s because he’s a defensive liability - It wasn’t.

You also cite a stat line without any context and assume that’s who he is - it isn’t.

He’s been PPG for over half the season getting 16minutes as the offensive driver of his line. He’s also something like 6th in the league in takeaway differential, has great possession stats, backchecks and battles for pucks along the boards. He’s also good on the PK (when he gets the opportunity)and has shown a willingness to block shots when necessary. He is also a decent face off option.

A 20 goal 60 point player is what he is at 16 minutes a night, and after a slump that lasted near a quarter of the season.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Did I say Marner gets us an Elite #1 D? No, I said, well I asked but it was rhetorical, why you would bother posting about a player you clearly don’t know much about.

You cite an occurrence (though you say it was multiple times) where Marner was dropped to the 4th line during a slump early in his sophomore season, and reason it’s because he’s a defensive liability - It wasn’t.

You also cite a stat line without any context and assume that’s who he is - it isn’t.

He’s been PPG for over half the season getting 16minutes as the offensive driver of his line. He’s also something like 6th in the league in takeaway differential, has great possession stats, backchecks and battles for pucks along the boards. He’s also good on the PK (when he gets the opportunity)and has shown a willingness to block shots when necessary. He is also a decent face off option.

A 20 goal 60 point player is what he is at 16 minutes a night, and after a slump that lasted near a quarter of the season.
The post and commenter said trade for elite dman that's top 10-15 in league which at this point he is not. He could be that guy but he just isn't yet. That's my point. Elite wingers don't get elite dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad