Value of: Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
I would trade Marner for Parayko, Hamilton ++, OEL, Ekblad, Jones, Trouba ++

But let's be honest. That probably won't happen and I'm perfectly happy to keep our young budding star.

You have the plus signs on the wrong side for Hamilton. You think Marner is worth more than a young stud RHD?

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
I wouldn't trade Marner for Hamilton. At this point Marner would flat out be unavailable unless its for a guy like Hedman, Doughty etc. Not saying Marner is worth that but thats they only way i would actually trade him.
Actually even then I say no because Lilj is coming along nicely and the $ for a true #1 will be massive.
I say keep all the kids and ride Lilj

We would not trade Hamilton for Marner so we are in agreement.

Grabner

Feb 22, 2018
Good for you, I would never trade Marner for Parayko so yeah, stalemate. If I'm moving Marner I want Seth Jones

giphy.gif

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Marner for Hanifin. Straight up 1 for 1. No questions asked! Canes get a low tier 2nd line center. Leads get a future elite offensive dman.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
You were saying lol
Gaudreau broke into the league at 21. Marner will be 21 to start next season, and is just a hair behind Gaudreau’s first two seasons in terms of ppg.

Marner is going to blow by him in the coming seasons, and not just in terms of points either. Babcock’s focusing on making him and Nylander as responsible as Matthews... hence the short leash they get on mistakes.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Marner for Hanifin. Straight up 1 for 1. No questions asked! Canes get a low tier 2nd line center. Leads get a future elite offensive dman.
If you want someone with the potential to be a center, ask for Nylander. Marner isn't a center, and it'd basically be the Drouin experiment again, but atleast Drouin had a bit more center experience (centered Halifax his last year there, after primarily being a winger)

I also don't think Hanifin has shown enough to be labeled a future #1 offensive defender.

Leafs took Marner over Hanifin in 2015, and I don't think he's done anything to really change their mind. Plus, we are fairly strong in the exact role Hanifin plays with 2 offensively strong LHD with Dermott emerging.

Reactions: Joel Ward and Pi

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
This whole thread is dumb. Marner doesn’t have value because marner isn’t getting traded. Lou isn’t stupid enough to trade an elite piece like that. Not even for all of long Midas’ silver.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I'd hate to trade him but it's a lot more likely they would trade Nylander than Marner to be honest. Just for the fact that babcock has his issues with him at times

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Lol seriously guys, Marner aint going anywhere. He's a franchise player unlike a lot of the Dman people are saying that wouldn't trade for him. Leafs management know what they've got. Home town boy, mad skill. He's going to be a Leaf a long time.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Gaudreau broke into the league at 21. Marner will be 21 to start next season, and is just a hair behind Gaudreau’s first two seasons in terms of ppg.

Marner is going to blow by him in the coming seasons, and not just in terms of points either. Babcock’s focusing on making him and Nylander as responsible as Matthews... hence the short leash they get on mistakes.

Here we go again with the marner > gaudreau...

Gaudreau would have likely had 90+ points this year if he would have played all games and if our power play wasn’t the worst in the league (pretty sure we were f***ing bottom of the barrel second half of season)

But regardless, 82 point season is ok for Johnny. I see him go for 90+ next year under a hopefully better coach and better power play.

Blowing by Johnny would be at least 90 point season by Marner. Capable? Probably. But don’t make it sound like gaudreau is slowing down or Marner is a lock to be better.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Here we go again with the marner > gaudreau...

Gaudreau would have likely had 90+ points this year if he would have played all games and if our power play wasn’t the worst in the league (pretty sure we were ****ing bottom of the barrel second half of season)

But regardless, 82 point season is ok for Johnny. I see him go for 90+ next year under a hopefully better coach and better power play.

Blowing by Johnny would be at least 90 point season by Marner. Capable? Probably. But don’t make it sound like gaudreau is slowing down or Marner is a lock to be better.

Gaudreau is a great player. He's also FOUR years older than Mitch.

Johnny's 21 year old season, he managed 61 points, Mitch at 19 and 20 has done 61 and 69..... I'm not saying Mitch is better, or worse... but.... Also, the expectation that a 20 year old can't get better isn't set in reality.

Reactions: marty111

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Kane 20 year old season 2009-2010
GP82 Goals-30 Assist-58 points-88

Marner 20 year old season 2017-2018 (using average since season isnt over)
GP82 Goals-22 Assist-46 points 68 if he stays on pace. (i rounded up both times)

So 8 less goals and 12 less assist. But yes Kane and marner totally compairable. Thats like compairing Statsny to mathews at same ages. Look it up

Why do you keep saying that Kane had an 88 point season as a 20 year old? That happened in his this season when he was 21

To date:

Kane first two seasons (19 + 20): 162 GP - 142 P, 0.87PPG
Marner first two seasons (19 + 20): 155 GP - 130 P, 0.84 PPG

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
I think he’d be safe in adding another plus beside Hamilton’s name.

This is why I say Leaf fans are ridiculous. Please just stop!

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
This is why I say Leaf fans are ridiculous. Please just stop!
...stop pointing out things that are factual?

I don't agree with drawing conclusions like "Marner will blow by Gaudreau", but it's objectively true that Marner has done as well as Gaudreau in his first 2 seasons despite being 2 years younger than Gaudreau was when he started. He definitely carries similar trade value to Gaudreau, so if you're evaluating what we might want to deal him think about what you'd want to deal Johnny Hockey

Reactions: garyturner3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad