Value of: Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
So, he's demoted to the 4th line today, though it's likely a short term thing. However, assuming the leafs would trade him, what value does he have, especially for a RHD?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
This temporary move has just as much to do with rewarding Brown as it is to give Marner defensive assignments.
If Moore/Fehr/Martin can finish, Marner might be able to feast on the easier matchups.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Offensive output in more important than defense in today's game. Despite Marner's struggles this year, his talents are valuable around the league. Problem is so are defenders who can move the puck and put up points. Just can't imagine a trade that would make sense for both sides. I would be shocked if marner was a name being brought up in trade discussions by the Leafs. Just makes no sense at this point.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
If I were a player in Toronto I would literally have to go off the grid. C'mon OP he's having a fine season its like 5 games in chill out. He's a top 6 winger, this could just as well be more about shaking the lines for other people as it would be for him.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Wonder if this will be a 20+ page thread like the Laine is in the doghouse thread?

Doubt Marners' demotion will last 1 game.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Nip this in the bud now: Hes not available. Offers will be too low for Leafs' fans expectations, and counters will be too much of an ask from opposing fans.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So, he's demoted to the 4th line today, though it's likely a short term thing. However, assuming the leafs would trade him, what value does he have, especially for a RHD?
That happens when you are struggling...it happened to Nylander, it's called coaching. Nothing to see here.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Why would the Leafs be stupid and trade a core piece, we have a VERY strong farm system use that to et the D man we need

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Yes we should trade him during a bad stretch of 5 games after he put up a 60 point rookie season. Oh and he still has 4 points in 5 games this year.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
Anyone thinking all 3 of Matthews/Nylander/Marner were taking steps forward this year deserve this reality check. There are always hiccups.
Yup i could easily see Matthews and Nylander score 70+ point this year, but i will be surprised if Marner score more points than last year tbh.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Marner 4 points in 5 games....
Matthews 8 points in 5 games...
Nylander 5 points in 5 games...

Yup....definately stepping back

Matthews is definitely building his reputation this year, and Nylander looks like the real deal, but I agree that Marner has been a bit stagnant this season relative to the other guys in the big three.

Not sure if it his linemates or just the usual sophomore slump stuff, but he just doesn't seem as dynamic as last year. We obviously all saw what he can do so I expect he will "snap out of it" at some point soon and get it going again

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I am increasingly coming to the conclusion that my stated reason for hanging around on this board (enjoying trade debates) is only partially true, and that the major reason really is a perverse pleasure taken in watching vultures get torn to pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad