Value of: Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Do you post this in every weekly thread?

It doesn't matter if most Toronto fans view him as "untouchable", as we're all allowed to assess/discuss the value of a player regardless of what team we consider ourselves a fan of
Yes. Every weekly marner thread

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
So, he's demoted to the 4th line today, though it's likely a short term thing. However, assuming the leafs would trade him, what value does he have, especially for a RHD?

Leafs playing games with Marner.
The want him to think he's a lesser player so he takes a cheaper contract this summer. If I'm Marners agent I see right through that crap

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
The post and commenter said trade for elite dman that's top 10-15 in league which at this point he is not. He could be that guy but he just isn't yet. That's my point. Elite wingers don't get elite dman.

I'll agree with you that elite Dmen are worth more than elite wingers. And recently Marner has been a the point player on teh Leafs PP. Wasn't a lot of the post talking about Hanifan trade.... Hanifan is hardly an elite Dman.
Of course in trades, a players term has to be considered and Marner is under Leafs control for five more years.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
So once again no facts just silly responses.
Your “facts” include Marner being a defensive liability, because he was shifted down in the line-up for a few games, 4 months ago.

Maybe get your facts straight before trying to call others out?

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
We can start with Brodie and work with that. Brodie+ for Marner+
Hard pass.

With Andersen and Matthews injured, Marner is driving the team right now.

One thing to know about the Leafs’ big three, is that as long as they’re playing under Babcock, their minutes are going to be distributed pretty evenly, which means none of them will reach their offensive potential, statistically speaking. And none of them get a pass on playing defense. With that in mind, it looks like Marner will break 70 points in his sophomore season. At 20.

Why would the Leafs consider trading him for a 27 year old dman with two years left on his contract?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Leafs playing games with Marner.
The want him to think he's a lesser player so he takes a cheaper contract this summer. If I'm Marners agent I see right through that crap
He's about to beat his last seasons totals, so i guess mission failed?

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
No. We have our own Brodie in gardiner. Either swap 1 for 1 or give us Hamilton.
I wouldn't trade Marner for Hamilton. At this point Marner would flat out be unavailable unless its for a guy like Hedman, Doughty etc. Not saying Marner is worth that but thats they only way i would actually trade him.
Actually even then I say no because Lilj is coming along nicely and the $ for a true #1 will be massive.
I say keep all the kids and ride Lilj

Reactions: garyturner3

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Neutral poster...Marner alone won't fetch Hanafin

Hanifin alone won't fetch Marner. leafs obviously scouted Hanifin long and hard at the draft and decided Marner was the better player. back to back 60pt seasons and I doubt they regret the decision. I dont really value +/- that much but hanifin is a -50 in his career and even though he was great up until the all star break, he has been pretty poor of late

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
We can start with Brodie and work with that. Brodie+ for Marner+

nope. Brodie just hasn't been the same player the last 2 years. He also is 28 in 10 weeks and shoots left.

I don't see the leafs having any interest in moving mitch for anyone not named hamilton, and even then im not sure they would pull the trigger.

I think they move a Nylander/Marner+ for a BIG name RD (EK,Doughty,etc) but probably just take a run at those guys in ufa

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I was talking bout marner I didn't bring parayko into this. I just stated a 60 70 point winger doesn't get you an elite (top10) dman. They starred getting crazy

Parayko is an elite top 10 dman?

you know he isn't Pietrangelo right? I'm not even sure i'd have Parayko top 30

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Mitch is untouchable in my books! A special player who can't be replaced really!

He's clearly worth more to Leaf fans than the rest of the league

Neutral poster...Marner alone won't fetch Hanafin

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Not sure about untouchable or not being able to replace him, but he is sacrosanct within Leaf nation. Even if you offered your two firsts, best prospect, and best defensemen, many would reject the offer. The idea of drafting (& developing) our own stars is still rather novel within Leaf nation, so that novelty in itself produces some of this thinking.

This thread will no doubt draw all of the per usual bad actors and internet tough guy responses. You can spot them easily no doubt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad