Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Nucks 7pm Sat. CBC | Wild Wild West Coast, this is the Team I Love the Most!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coupe93

Dec 15, 2009
It isn't just some reason we have to wonder... it's a real easy thing psychologically to understand. Opponents like edmonton (young soft team with tender plays) and calgary (young fresh team that has outkasted players who didn't become men in toronto)... we are a very manly team. Real men play here. They look the part. Even on the bench. Opposite the team like edmonton... they have people who are still (finding themselves as human beings...) Searching for themselves as players and as in human beings and sexual beings. We got players like Orr, McLaren, Clarkson and Bolland... come on. These are men playing this fun sport. Just putting that puck and body where it needs to be. Having fun and enjoying the action in this sport.

To me its not surprising at all that we have that certain type of layd back game against edmonton and calgary. These Men now that we just have to be there against these young fools who still search the meaning of life and we still got a chance to win even with just standing around and looking. We're that good and hard. Edmonton's young players just run around and look for themselves. Orr and Mclaren already know who they are.

Then comes the game against Penguins. That team has won the cup and is a winner team. We show up and want to compete. They got speed and skill so our players be like... we gotta hit that sucker hard and collect that ****. Handle that **** there. Against characters and tough teams our team is more ready. Against edmonton and calgary and florida our team is like.... I might just keep this beard and not even shave it. Look at those young guys... they still drink milk. I am not surprised at all. We got a real hard ass team led by the biggest hard ass of them all. You got to understand that it was a long time coming.... now we have a real men's team again. I'm really proud and glad of that there.

Wow. Make an onion cry... Awesome

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Dude in that video is a complete clown. Laughed my ass off while watching that :laugh: Don't think a Leafs fan would ever go to such great extents ever to make a video bashing the Canucks

Kyle Doobas*

It isn't just some reason we have to wonder... it's a real easy thing psychologically to understand. Opponents like edmonton (young soft team with tender plays) and calgary (young fresh team that has outkasted players who didn't become men in toronto)... we are a very manly team. Real men play here. They look the part. Even on the bench. Opposite the team like edmonton... they have people who are still (finding themselves as human beings...) Searching for themselves as players and as in human beings and sexual beings. We got players like Orr, McLaren, Clarkson and Bolland... come on. These are men playing this fun sport. Just putting that puck and body where it needs to be. Having fun and enjoying the action in this sport.

To me its not surprising at all that we have that certain type of layd back game against edmonton and calgary. These Men now that we just have to be there against these young fools who still search the meaning of life and we still got a chance to win even with just standing around and looking. We're that good and hard. Edmonton's young players just run around and look for themselves. Orr and Mclaren already know who they are.

Then comes the game against Penguins. That team has won the cup and is a winner team. We show up and want to compete. They got speed and skill so our players be like... we gotta hit that sucker hard and collect that ****. Handle that **** there. Against characters and tough teams our team is more ready. Against edmonton and calgary and florida our team is like.... I might just keep this beard and not even shave it. Look at those young guys... they still drink milk. I am not surprised at all. We got a real hard ass team led by the biggest hard ass of them all. You got to understand that it was a long time coming.... now we have a real men's team again. I'm really proud and glad of that there.
standing-ovation.gif

Penalty Kill Icing*

Hopefully Bolland is the missing piece to beating Canucks.

Fun fact: The only time Chicago lost to Vancouver in playoffs was when they didn't have Bolland for the full series. In fact, Chicago was down 3-0 in the series. Bolland entered in the 4th game.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Vent away about the video if you want, here on this board. But if you show elsewhere that it got to you, you will be admitting to folks, especially Canucks fans, that the video actually worked as intended. That will give them considerable pleasure.

Ignore it with a yawn is the best response.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

A horrible video got put on sportsnet bashing the Leafs that looks like it was done by an insecure, whiny Canucks fan. Fuel for the fire!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...rised-he-wasnt-traded-to-toronto-maple-leafs/

lmao he definitely has spent a lot of time thinking about the leafs. are we supposed to be spending that much time thinking about the canuck?

my favourite part was at the end where he tried to make fun of us for blowing a third period lead, because apparently it is more dignified to lose in a game 7 by getting shut out

i'd love it so much if cbc trolled hard and showed the panel talking pregame rather than showing bure's number getting retired.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
So, who is with me in hoping Reimer starts and shutouts out the Canucks? After all the talk how we NEEDED Luongo, I wan't Reimer to kick their ass.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So, who is with me in hoping Reimer starts and shutouts out the Canucks? After all the talk how we NEEDED Luongo, I wan't Reimer to kick their ass.

If rather Bernier does it. Means we acquired a better goalie :nod:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If rather Bernier does it. Means we acquired a better goalie :nod:

either one would be awesome:

Reimer Does It: totally didn't need Luongo. Sit down, dude.
Bernier Does it: we totally got the better goalie, sit down, dude.

:nod: life is good either way.

I have to wonder why People in Vancouver etc make it this big huge issue re: the Leafs (or even Toronto). I'm from there, and dude: we. don't. care. Like we don't even think about Vancouver, (or other places). So I never get this whole "well we're better than you." why does it matter..?
(though most surveys that rank top blah cities to live in rank Toronto over Vancouver all the time. Actually, Calgary beats Vancouver most of the time too... )

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
Deep down I really don't care about the Canucks any more than any other Western Conference team but there are so many hysterical whiners associated with that team and city that a nice drubbing by the Leafs would be a hoot to experience. There is this self-conscious and fragile swagger to the lot of them. They act like an old jilted girlfriend who can't get over Toronto while Toronto offers no ill will in their direction. They just can't stop talking and thinking about Toronto. I think Toronto has a stalker. Have the BPA's from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch gotten into their systems?

/end trash talk

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

The man... The legend... sopranos

Couldn't have said it better myself !

:yo::yo::yo::yo::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
Twice at different parties I've met someone visiting from Vancouver act the exact same way: I make a polite friendly comment about what a beautiful city Vancouver is and they take that as an invitation to start openly slagging Toronto.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
A horrible video got put on sportsnet bashing the Leafs that looks like it was done by an insecure, whiny Canucks fan. Fuel for the fire!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...rised-he-wasnt-traded-to-toronto-maple-leafs/

Yawn. You would think if he went to that extent to troll, he would have at least made it entertaining.

Looking fwd to tomorrow nights game. Bure is very deserving. Here's hoping for a win. From Gillis to Torts to their whiny fan base, the Nucks are impossible to like or respect. I am sure they will be packing their soothers.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"The Leafs will play for the Atlantic division championship, it just continues, my oh my"

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Twice at different parties I've met someone visiting from Vancouver act the exact same way: I make a polite friendly comment about what a beautiful city Vancouver is and they take that as an invitation to start openly slagging Toronto.

It's in their DNA. I spend a lot of time in the beautiful province of BC. They are convinced that every one in Toronto is the same. It's hard to open one's mind when all doors are shut. They talk about us being unfriendly, yet they rip on us the minute you tell them where you are from. Enjoy the 4pm start!

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Say what you want about Vancouver but even the nation's homeless meth addicts need a place to go.
And the annual riots give them a chance to stock up on supplies.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
I like the part where he says that we are copying the Canucks by using a 1A 1B goalie tandem and then saying it doesn't work by pointing to his own team getting swept....am I supposed to feel offended right now?

That's exactly right! lol. Not to mention that their 1A costs far more than our combined 1A/B tandem... Just try to tell me they traded 1B as a strategical move and not because they maneuvered themselves into a place where they were forced to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad