Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Nucks 7pm Sat. CBC | Wild Wild West Coast, this is the Team I Love the Most!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
Kulemin skating on a line with Lupul and McClement.

Still not sure why Lupul is not with Clarkson and Bolland.

My best guesses are the effectiveness of Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson, and the handedness factor. Swapping Lupul and Raymond leaves you with 3 righties on one line and three lefties on another.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I have been fantastically un-impressed with Raymonds play as of late. He has MacArthur syndrome of skating into the offensive zone, stopping and turning, then losing the puck. Hopefully he can get back on track against his old team.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I have been fantastically un-impressed with Raymonds play as of late. He has MacArthur syndrome of skating into the offensive zone, stopping and turning, then losing the puck. Hopefully he can get back on track against his old team.

What? He had an assist I believe against the Oilers and scored a goal at the side of the net against Calgary he has 11 or 12 points in 14 games lol

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kulemin skating on a line with Lupul and McClement.

Still not sure why Lupul is not with Clarkson and Bolland.

a Lupul-Bozak/Kadri-Kulemin line is likely our 2nd line going forward, with Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson the 3rd line.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
What? He had an assist I believe against the Oilers and scored a goal at the side of the net against Calgary he has 11 or 12 points in 14 games lol

Hey now, do not get me wrong. He has been great for the most part and yeah, he has two points in his last two games, but I was saying that his overall play and decision making over 60 minutes in the last few games have been questionable. Holding the puck too long, not making the pass, or losing the puck easily upon entry into the offensive zone.

Still a bargain player though.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
They seem to like Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson together so far.

and if that sticks, then when we're healthy, that's the 3rd line.

Asif16*

I seriously doubt they're paying David Clarkson 5.2M to play on the 3rd line..

How do you know which one is the second line and which one is the third.

Yes clarkson is "technically" on the third line, but Carlyle may use Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson line more than the Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin line during a game.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Yup. I mean why couldn't the scheule have been something like 2 days off-game sat then 2 days off game tuesday - 3 days off game Sat

Forcing players to play back to back for no reason is pure boneheadedness on part of the league. Bettman's team looking as good as regualtors in the US :laugh:

:cry:

:shakehead

Leafs have had a very favourable schedule so far. So far no hard western conf opponents while on the road. There shouldn't be any complaints. Its been a cake walk so far.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I seriously doubt they're paying David Clarkson 5.2M to play on the 3rd line..

They're paying him to be physical, maintain puck possession, and be a leader regardless of who he's playing with. Whether it's Bozak/Kadri/Bolland, all are legitimate options that won't hurt his production.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I would've been OK if we lost to Edmonton...

I would've been OK if we lost to Calgary...

I can't stand the Canucks -- I would NOT be OK if we lose tomorrow :cry: :rant:

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
They're paying him to be physical, maintain puck possession, and be a leader regardless of who he's playing with. Whether it's Bozak/Kadri/Bolland, all are legitimate options that won't hurt his production.

I'm sorry, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse here. But, If I'm paying a player 5.2M, I want said player to produce points, not for something any decent 3rd liner can do such as being physical, or showing leadership.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It irritates me how fans of other teams still think the Leafs will be an easy win. How many teams have a better record than the Leafs since the start of last season? Not that many.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I'm sorry, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse here. But, If I'm paying a player 5.2M, I want said player to produce points, not for something any decent 3rd liner can do such as being physical, or showing leadership.

If we already had a player of this type on the team then yea I'd be more inclined to talk about points. Fact remains, he brings a unique element that we haven't seen in some time, because of that I'm satisfied with what he brings to the table with marginal point totals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad