Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Nucks 7pm Sat. CBC | Wild Wild West Coast, this is the Team I Love the Most!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'm not seeing the humour in it but that's just me. Teasing, satire, homerism what ever it was, it could have done without the retiring number part. With that said, it's also very possible that the person who made the video is legitimately clueless and unable to use Google to figure out the reasoning behind Toronto's actual retired numbers which would take a minute max. But oh well.

Come on.

The video shows three canuck banners and then 20 leafs banners....and then says "how many have the leafs retired?......and don't tell me they don't retire numbers".

That's the joke, because everyone knows the leafs don't retire numbers.

Come on, guys.

The whole thing starts by saying "Canucks joined the league in 1970....so anything before then doesn't matter."

These are jokes.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Come on.

The video shows three canuck banners and then 20 leafs banners....and then says "how many have the leafs retired?......and don't tell me they don't retire numbers".

That's the joke, because everyone knows the leafs don't retire numbers.

Come on, guys.

The whole thing starts by saying "Canucks joined the league in 1970....so anything before then doesn't matter."

These are jokes.

Like I GET the joke just not the banner part but I guess I've just met too many ignorant people regarding the retiring numbers in my life.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Anyways, back to the game, I think Clarkson scores his first tonight. Hopefully they come out flying while the Canucks come out sloppy and misty-eyed over Bure. 6 day rest coming up so 2 points here helps!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
A few reminders of the rules, folks.

2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; please keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.

Comments such as "you should see the Vancouver GDT, what a bunch of so-and-so's", or "they're so whiny in their GDT" are not acceptable. Comments such as "their fanbase is so [insert demeaning term]" are not acceptable.

If comments like this continue to be made, warnings/infractions/threadbans will follow. Thank you.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Anyways, back to the game, I think Clarkson scores his first tonight. Hopefully they come out flying while the Canucks come out sloppy and misty-eyed over Bure. 6 day rest coming up so 2 points here helps!

Leafs have certainly been on the other side of these ceremonies many times and always looked flat.

Need to come out flying.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
A few reminders of the rules, folks.

Comments such as "you should see the Vancouver GDT, what a bunch of so-and-so's", or "they're so whiny in their GDT" are not acceptable. Comments such as "their fanbase is so [insert demeaning term]" are not acceptable.

If comments like this continue to be made, warnings/infractions/threadbans will follow. Thank you.

You just copied the Canucks mod and replaced "Toronto" with "Vancouver." :p:

LiferLeafer's right. Canucks mods are better. :sarcasm:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
At least he showed some effort by changing the color of the font.

phil-dunphy-no-then-yes.gif

Their blue is oh so ugly. :naughty:

Now to wait for the angry PMs.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Someone seems to have put together a GDT. And I use the term 'put together' loosely. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad