Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Nucks 7pm Sat. CBC | Wild Wild West Coast, this is the Team I Love the Most!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Pretty much.

Even if it's trying to be satirical, You wouldn't see that kind of crap on TSN or CBC.
Clearly you never watched Dan or Jay in the mornings or that whole Hangover spoof... sorry but TSN can be just as bad as that if not worse

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Expecting big games from Rielly, Franson and Raymond. Rielly with another assist off someone's rear end

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
:laugh:

Classy video :shakehead

LOL, that video must be satire. "They are trying our 1A, 1B goalie system...thats so 2013." Is this real life? They dream of our goalie tandem, all together its a 1A and 1B that cost less than their 1A that fans dream was not in their net anymore lol. Oh Vancouver, have another riot enjoy circling the drain the next 2 or 3 years before you reside under Calgary and Edmonton in the standings lol. Brian Burke built your cup contending team and since he left you only got worse and we have only gotten better since he joined and even after he left, thanks for both Burkie and Nonis and sorry we were able to sign Raymond for only 1 mill, sorry Gillis is your GM too, sorry not sorry.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Is it possible that this video was made by a Leafs or some other Canadian team fan that wanted to make the Canucks and their fans look like whiney babies? I really don't think that anyone would make such an openly whiney sounding video with such terrible references. I think the video is meant to be satirical to drive up emotions before the game. I really hope that it wasn't serious..

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I hate the canucks more than any team(even ottawa/habs, who are next) and have nothing but contempt for that province's/fanbase's anti-Toronto attitude.

Which makes it all the more painful that we haven't beaten them in what seems like 20 years.

must win.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Is it possible that this video was made by a Leafs or some other Canadian team fan that wanted to make the Canucks and their fans look like whiney babies? I really don't think that anyone would make such an openly whiney sounding video with such terrible references. I think the video is meant to be satirical to drive up emotions before the game. I really hope that it wasn't serious..

It was made by Dan Murphy. He's been on Sportsnet West for years and is as big a canucks homer as John Garrett.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
The bit about retiring jerseys is pretty disrespectful. Yes, the Toronto Maple Leafs don't retire jerseys for everyone and the two people whose jerseys are retired are due to certain circumstances. Ace had a career ending injury and Bill died as an active Leaf.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It was made by Dan Murphy. He's been on Sportsnet West for years and is as big a canucks homer as John Garrett.

It's a little gentle teasing. It's so funny that people post in here about how overly sensitive Canuck fans are and then get bent out of shape with a little teasing.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
The bit about retiring jerseys is pretty disrespectful. Yes, the Toronto Maple Leafs don't retire jerseys for everyone and the two people whose jerseys are retired are due to certain circumstances. Ace had a career ending injury and Bill died as an active Leaf.

Again, clearly just a bit of teaching, hence, the video of all the honoured numbers. If they really trying to say 4-2 in retired sweaters, they would have just shown the two retired numbers. :shakehead

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Again, clearly just a bit of teaching, hence, the video of all the honoured numbers. If they really trying to say 4-2 in retired sweaters, they would have just shown the two retired numbers. :shakehead

I'm not seeing the humour in it but that's just me. Teasing, satire, homerism what ever it was, it could have done without the retiring number part. With that said, it's also very possible that the person who made the video is legitimately clueless and unable to use Google to figure out the reasoning behind Toronto's actual retired numbers which would take a minute max. But oh well.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I'm not seeing the humour in it but that's just me. Teasing, satire, homerism what ever it was, it could have done without the retiring number part. With that said, it's also very possible that the person who made the video is legitimately clueless and unable to use Google to figure out the reasoning behind Toronto's actual retired numbers which would take a minute max. But oh well.

And I'm not seeing any disrespect.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
About the video:

I have a feeling that it was designed with over-the-top mockery of Toronto and tongue-in-cheek mockery of Vancouver in mind. With that said, it's basically done so bad it's cringe-worthy. Not funny nor clever at all.

About the game:

There are two keys for Toronto in this game in my opinion. Neutralizing, or minimizing the impact of, their first line and not giving them too much room up at the blueline. If I remember correctly they have more points from their defense than any other team in the league.

We should have a good chance, feels like they should fit us pretty well.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The video was clearly joking, and making fun of itself.

Come on, peeps. Lighten up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille