Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Nucks 7pm Sat. CBC | Wild Wild West Coast, this is the Team I Love the Most!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We hadn't won in Calgary since 2002.

I am 99.9% sure that the Leafs will play better than they did in Calgary and Edmonton.

For some reason...this team takes some opponents very lightly and shows up against teams like Anaheim, Pittsburgh etc.

If we want to be great, we better show up every night.

Keeping it Blue

Dec 13, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Was at the Canucks game last night. If they play like that against the Leafs, it should be a win [for the Leafs].

I want this one so people in this city can quiet down.

Last edited:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Reimer deserves the start.... but can't go wrong with either.

If we want this team to take the next step, about time we break those decade long losing streaks.

Kulemin, Fraser coming back would add a lot of grit in the lineup. [Franson could take some pressbox time figuring out defense].

Go Leafs Go. :yo:

Trill Kessell

Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
I live in Vancouver and have had to put up with the banter of the worst hockey fans in the world for the last decade. Hockey Gods hear my prayer, we deserve this victory!!!!

I will be at the game in full force cheering on our boys in our western home arena!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Good test. Hopefully we can play like we did against Pittsburgh and not like against the Flames.

Mar 26, 2010
I hate Vancouver, I really want to see the Leafs put a beating on them!

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Its been a long time, time for them to have a little riot.

I always said that we have to end these droughts to be successful.

Asif16*

Cant stand the canucks. Arrogant team with a arrogant fanbase. Listening to them yo woulda thunk that they won 10 stanley cups in the last decade.

Hopefully we can grind out a win

HocusPocus

Jul 10, 2009
I think it's hilarious how the game is at 4 local time so as to not disturb the usual Leafs Saturday night ratings. HNIC truly is our show.

Mr Scarface*

We hadn't won in Calgary since 2002.

I am 99.9% sure that the Leafs will play better than they did in Calgary and Edmonton.

For some reason...this team takes some opponents very lightly and shows up against teams like Anaheim, Pittsburgh etc.

If we want to be great, we better show up every night.
It isn't just some reason we have to wonder... it's a real easy thing psychologically to understand. Opponents like edmonton (young soft team with tender plays) and calgary (young fresh team that has outkasted players who didn't become men in toronto)... we are a very manly team. Real men play here. They look the part. Even on the bench. Opposite the team like edmonton... they have people who are still (finding themselves as human beings...) Searching for themselves as players and as in human beings and sexual beings. We got players like Orr, McLaren, Clarkson and Bolland... come on. These are men playing this fun sport. Just putting that puck and body where it needs to be. Having fun and enjoying the action in this sport.

To me its not surprising at all that we have that certain type of layd back game against edmonton and calgary. These Men now that we just have to be there against these young fools who still search the meaning of life and we still got a chance to win even with just standing around and looking. We're that good and hard. Edmonton's young players just run around and look for themselves. Orr and Mclaren already know who they are.

Then comes the game against Penguins. That team has won the cup and is a winner team. We show up and want to compete. They got speed and skill so our players be like... we gotta hit that sucker hard and collect that ****. Handle that **** there. Against characters and tough teams our team is more ready. Against edmonton and calgary and florida our team is like.... I might just keep this beard and not even shave it. Look at those young guys... they still drink milk. I am not surprised at all. We got a real hard ass team led by the biggest hard ass of them all. You got to understand that it was a long time coming.... now we have a real men's team again. I'm really proud and glad of that there.

EDDIE20*

I think it's hilarious how the game is at 4 local time so as to not disturb the usual Leafs Saturday night ratings. HNIC truly is our show.

The CBC knows who butters their bread...

I'm certain there are more than a few Canucks fans whining about it.:D

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
If they play anything like how the Rangers played under Torts the last few years, we should be able to win if we play our game and outskate and outhit them.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
I'm not scared of the Sedins after the way we shut down Sid the Kid and Gino..... Clarkson/Bolland sick 'em on that line and then what secondary scoring do the "Nucks" have? I wonder if Lu will show up or 7uongo.... just gotta rattle his cage (not hard to do) and he'll start blaming his dmen...

Penalty Kill Icing*

Hoping Raymond (ex-team) and Rielly (hometown) step it up.

Would be nice if Rielly got his first here. :)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm looking forward to this one. A couple of my friends are Canuck fans so always some good rivalry going on there. Of course makes it tough for me to hate the Canucks fanbase like many others do since they aren't all insane :laugh:.

Should be a good test. Team will need to play a more complete game to win this one. Don't care who we start in net since Reimer and Bernier are playing well. The Canuck's PP is pretty bad so should be possible to shut that down.

Will see if we can get Kulemin or Fraser back for that one. Would be nice that's for sure. Just hoping for a good win so the team can take that break and work on things. That and rest Lupul's foot :laugh:.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
It isn't just some reason we have to wonder... it's a real easy thing psychologically to understand. Opponents like edmonton (young soft team with tender plays) and calgary (young fresh team that has outkasted players who didn't become men in toronto)... we are a very manly team. Real men play here. They look the part. Even on the bench. Opposite the team like edmonton... they have people who are still (finding themselves as human beings...) Searching for themselves as players and as in human beings and sexual beings. We got players like Orr, McLaren, Clarkson and Bolland... come on. These are men playing this fun sport. Just putting that puck and body where it needs to be. Having fun and enjoying the action in this sport.

To me its not surprising at all that we have that certain type of layd back game against edmonton and calgary. These Men now that we just have to be there against these young fools who still search the meaning of life and we still got a chance to win even with just standing around and looking. We're that good and hard. Edmonton's young players just run around and look for themselves. Orr and Mclaren already know who they are.

Then comes the game against Penguins. That team has won the cup and is a winner team. We show up and want to compete. They got speed and skill so our players be like... we gotta hit that sucker hard and collect that ****. Handle that **** there. Against characters and tough teams our team is more ready. Against edmonton and calgary and florida our team is like.... I might just keep this beard and not even shave it. Look at those young guys... they still drink milk. I am not surprised at all. We got a real hard ass team led by the biggest hard ass of them all. You got to understand that it was a long time coming.... now we have a real men's team again. I'm really proud and glad of that there.

Beauty post.

GenericFan2*

:handclap::yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino