Value of: Jordan Eberle

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
his isles bias never disappoints

What bias? I said solid prospect pool,, not top prospect pool.

We won't get a 2018 team ranking until after the draft, but in 2016 they were ranked 7th overall by Pronman and top 10 by the score.
In 2017 THW ranked them a solid, middle of the pack 15th.

Gotta figure with some players moving up to the big club, the isles ranking will have slide down the Pronman and Score team ranking. Still solid, but not one of the top 10 teams.
Ranking every NHL team by prospect pipeline

NHL Organizational Prospect Pool Rankings (Top Ten)

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-best-farm-systems-2017-ranking/

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
He has 1st line production. He needs to feed off of someone though. He has that for sure with the Islanders in Barzal, so nobody should be interested in Eberle moving at this point.

He'll likely get the same contract he has now. Which means that with inflation, he has been overpaid.

Considering that’s in 1 year, not on the islanders he hasn’t

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
What bias? I said solid prospect pool,, not top prospect pool.

We won't get a 2018 team ranking until after the draft, but in 2016 they were ranked 7th overall by Pronman and top 10 by the score.
In 2017 THW ranked them a solid, middle of the pack 15th.

Gotta figure with some players moving up to the big club, the isles ranking will have slide down the Pronman and Score team ranking. Still solid, but not one of the top 10 teams.
Ranking every NHL team by prospect pipeline

NHL Organizational Prospect Pool Rankings (Top Ten)

The NHL's Best Farm Systems in 2017: A 1-31 Ranking
we don’t have any defenders that are notable prospects, and besides bellows and ho-sang the forward pool is mediocre at best.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Enjoy him in the playoffs if Islanders make it again with him there. He played the softest,scared game in the playoffs I have ever seen. Skate into the zone dump it in an button hook away. I never want to see him in a Oilers jersey ever again.
I agree, never want him on the Oilers again. As a player, he is one of my most disliked Oilers ever.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I agree, never want him on the Oilers again. As a player, he is one of my most disliked Oilers ever.

Really? The guy was a lifelong Oiker fan that dreamed about playing for us. He was one of the few players that produced year after year for us. One down season and bad first ever poatbaeason appearance and Jean garbage?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
we don’t have any defenders that are notable prospects, and besides bellows and ho-sang the forward pool is mediocre at best.
From reports it sounds like the nyi are high on Toews, have several intriguing D prospects who have legitimate nhl potential.
Also, no mention of Soderstrom and Sorokin?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
From reports it sounds like the nyi are high on Toews, have several intriguing D prospects who have legitimate nhl potential.
I guess he just doesnt follow our team at all crew

im intrigjed by quenneville too he's small but dynamic

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I guess he just doesnt follow our team at all crew

im intrigjed by quenneville too he's small but dynamic
Toews is the prospect that I am anxious to get a look at.

I am not even looking at the 4 picks in the top 43 of the 2018 draft. I would be surprised if the isles did not move 1-2 of those picks,for immediate help.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
management being high on a prospect does not mean he's highly touted, and sorokin is not in the isles immediate future, soderstrom is most likely going to be in bridgeport next year as well.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
management being high on a prospect does not mean he's highly touted, and sorokin is not in the isles immediate future, soderstrom is most likely going to be in bridgeport next year as well.
Just because Soderstrom likely spends a season in Bridgeport, does not mean he is not a quality prospect.

22 yr old Sorokin has 2 more seasons on his contract. Isles owners met with Sorokin's rep about him attending training camp. Looks like they are taking a hands on approach.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
well youre wrong there

completely

Sorokin is considered as one of the 3 best goaltenders in the world not in the NHL alomg with the capitals Samsonov and the Rangers Shestyorkin

the fact that Sorokin is so highly rated has nothing to do with Islander management

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
well youre wrong there

completely

Sorokin is considered as one of the 3 best goaltenders in the world not in the NHL alomg with the capitals Samsonov and the Rangers Shestyorkin

the fact that Sorokin is so highly rated has nothing to do with Islander management
good thing nothing you said is new information to me and doesn't argue against my post.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Eberle can play with Matthews and will the thrill can center his own line. We can also sign a free agent defender like de haan or cole to replace jake
Nylander is already a tissue soft player in the playoffs. Eberle makes Nylander look like a Viking.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Really? The guy was a lifelong Oiker fan that dreamed about playing for us. He was one of the few players that produced year after year for us. One down season and bad first ever poatbaeason appearance and Jean garbage?
He was always garbage. Trash in his own zone and scared to get in the corners. He is good in the ozone and leeching off of Hall and co but man his playoffs was literally worse then Matthews and his was horrendous.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
good thing nothing you said is new information to me and doesn't argue against my post.
it certainly does. you talk about our prospects and leave out our best one. saying that just because management is high on him doesnt mean hes that good, when the entire NHL thinks hes an elite Prospect. what did you forget he existed? crew was right you were wrong deal with it

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
it certainly does. you talk about our prospects and leave out our best one. saying that just because management is high on him doesnt mean hes that good, when the entire NHL thinks hes an elite Prospect. what did you forget he existed? crew was right you were wrong deal with it
i mean that’s not what happened and you read my post totally wrong but keep going

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
He was always garbage. Trash in his own zone and scared to get in the corners. He is good in the ozone and leeching off of Hall and co but man his playoffs was literally worse then Matthews and his was horrendous.
This!! I don't want the Blues to have anything to do with him for these reasons!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I was not too wild about adding Eberle,but he did work hard defensively. Surprised me with his effort.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
i mean that’s not what happened and you read my post totally wrong but keep going
if not then im sorry, but it sure appeared that you were questioning the depth of our prospect pool, crew felt that way too

we're coming off an incredible season from one prospect (Barzal) and my personal opinion is that Bellows is going to be a rookie of the year candidate himself and if Lou can work his magic and bring him over, Sorokin can quite possibly be in the running for one too. its no guarantee of course, but if in 2 years time we are sitting on 3 consecutive rookies of the year, then I'd say that anyone who questioned our prospect pool would look incredibly stupid. wouldnt you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad