Value of: Jordan Eberle

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Having 3 PPG centers, wouldn't that show he is more of a passanger and needs good centers to create plays?
not when the oilers highest scoring wingers couldnt even score 15 goals with either McDavid or Draisaitl' this year...

in fact it shows the opposite either that or McDavid and Draisaitl arent that good.

this years oilers prove that no matter how good your centers are, you need Talented Wingers too

so which is it are McDavid and Draisaitl passengers too?

because if what you say is true thats exactly what they are

I cant remember a time where a team failed to have a single 15 goal scoring winger. oh my God, by your definition McDavid and Draisaitl must truly be awful.

After all you supposedly have 3 elite centers. And 6 wings to play with them, surely at least one of them could turn a passenger like you say Eberle is, into a 25 goal scorer. But the three of them combined couldn't even make one measly 15 goal scorer. That tells me you're either 100% wrong or your centers aren't as good as people say they are.

So who do you suppose is right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
They are gonna package him with Nelson plus for upgrade. Kessel would represent a major improvement.

Offense should be the least area of concern.
Considering the huge question mark in goal and big need for a 2nd pairing D, this would be beyond foolish..

It is sitting around and debating which wallpaper to go with in the livingroom, while the house burns down.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Eberle isnt a great player and nobody has ever said he is, but he is an effective player and this year at least was solid all over the ice. helping Barzal develop and playing a decent 200 foot game. Some oiler fans are angry that management scapegoated him for last years playoff slump and subsequent trade. but as soon as he left the oilers went from 103 points to 78 points, indicating that he must have been doing something right.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Eberle isnt a great player and nobody has ever said he is, but he is an effective player and this year at least was solid all over the ice. helping Barzal develop and playing a decent 200 foot game. Some oiler fans are angry that management scapegoated him for last years playoff slump and subsequent trade. but as soon as he left the oilers went from 103 points to 78 points, indicating that he must have been doing something right.
I always though Eberle was overrated, never liked him as a player. He is not an effective player. He was absolutely terrible his last few seasons in Edmonton. The only time Eberle is good is when the team is playing well, other players are playing well, and the team is scoring goals. If not he is completely useless. He creates zero. Losing Eberle had nothing to do with the Oilers last season. The Oilers powerplay was awful (Eberle was no good on the powerplay his last season, they had to take him off the 1st powerplay unit), their penalty killing was awful (Eberle does not kill penalties), their defense and goaltending was bad (He helps neither) and the Islanders were worse with Eberle then they were the season before, so using the same awful logic, Eberle must do something wrong.

Reactions: Svengoolie

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Lou has no connection to anyone on the current roster or in the system so literally anyone can be moved because we don’t know how he feels about certain guys.

If a team needs scoring and there’s a Defensman that Lou wants or even a goalie, maybe he makes Eberle available?

I’d personally like to keep Eberle. He’s fit in so well and had insane chemistry with Barzal.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I always though Eberle was overrated, never liked him as a player. He is not an effective player. He was absolutely terrible his last few seasons in Edmonton. The only time Eberle is good is when the team is playing well, other players are playing well, and the team is scoring goals. If not he is completely useless. He creates zero. Losing Eberle had nothing to do with the Oilers last season. The Oilers powerplay was awful (Eberle was no good on the powerplay his last season, they had to take him off the 1st powerplay unit), their penalty killing was awful (Eberle does not kill penalties), their defense and goaltending was bad (He helps neither) and the Islanders were worse with Eberle then they were the season before, so using the same awful logic, Eberle must do something wrong.
well then i guess McDavid and Draisaitl must be downright terrible then since once eberle left they fell apart. and the leafs too after andy bathgate left too because the leafs have been a joke for 50 years since he left? what a fool you are. one player, doesnt make or break a team

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Fan bashing Eberle is funny . Islander fans defending him is LOL worthy . Islander bashed him to no ends when he was with the Oilers . As for me I love Eberle and always will be a fan but the losing in Edmonton took it toll on many players and he was one that needed a fresh start . So I wish him all the best .

One more thing . Fans posting about 1 playoff run is dumb . Gretzky done nothing against the NYI in their first finals meeting a 4 game sweep by NYI . How did he do in the rest of his career ? Eberle is no Gretzky but point is you don't judge a player base on a short playoff run

Reactions: SI90

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'd take Eberle back on the Oilers in an instant. He just needs to find a way to get the fire back that he had before he signed his big contract but even a slacker Eberle is good for 50-60 points each year.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Yes. Jordan Eberle is the reason we dropped 25 points in the standings. Thank you for figuring it out.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Fan bashing Eberle is funny . Islander fans defending him is LOL worthy . Islander bashed him to no ends when he was with the Oilers . As for me I love Eberle and always will be a fan but the losing in Edmonton took it toll on many players and he was one that needed a fresh start . So I wish him all the best .

n

I was not as high on Eberle's season as some fans because his 59 pts fell into his usual production and was expected.
But, Eberle deserves props for his defensive effort.
I am expecting it may take one of Lee or Eberle to land the top 4D the isles need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad