Value of: Jordan Eberle

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Meh....they're already paying a second liner $8.5MM. What's another $6MM?

:popcorn:

Back off !!! Ladd will be 3rd or 4th line next season . He may even be the new Captain. ( slams hand in door , repeat,repeat ).

Also from poster #2. Eberle was anything but soft this past season . He played hard and battled every game. I promise. The Isles fans had him pegged as a 60 point guy if he had a good year and he was right there. The compete level was an added bonus we all were surprised to see based on Oiler comments in the past .

Reactions: Aerrol

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I suggest a TJ Brodie swap and preceded to get ravaged by fans on the flames board. So maybe TJ Brodie and add a second or third rounder from the islanders for eberle?
No thanks.
there us no denying his terrific chemistry with young Barzal.
That Barzal line likely becomes the isles #1 line if Tavares leaves.
Do not want to spend possibly months, trying to find another winger that Barzal will click with.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Back off !!! Ladd will be 3rd or 4th line next season . He may even be the new Captain. ( slams hand in door , repeat,repeat ).

Also from poster #2. Eberle was anything but soft this past season . He played hard and battled every game. I promise. The Isles fans had him pegged as a 60 point guy if he had a good year and he was right there. The compete level was an added bonus we all were surprised to see based on Oiler comments in the past .
He seemed to play with a little chip on his shoulder, made comments about playing under the glare if tbe Edmonton media and seemed to feel scapegoated.
His defensive effort was a nice surprise. His production in line with his usual seasons.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He was the 19th highest scoring RW this past season. That’s not worth 6M per to you?

19? I would have guessed 60 points gets you top 10-12 in scoring for right wings.

As for trading him, keep him and offer him @50% if we are out of a playoff spot. I don't think it will be that much of a difference the value we get at the deadline(we probably can squeak out a 1st rounder at the deadline where now it will be more likely a bunch of assets including a cap dump)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
19? I would have guessed 60 points gets you top 10-12 in scoring for right wings.

As for trading him, keep him and offer him @50% if we are out of a playoff spot. I don't think it will be that much of a difference the value we get at the deadline(we probably can squeak out a 1st rounder at the deadline where now it will be more likely a bunch of assets including a cap dump)

This year was a big year for RWs.

I’ll wait and see what happens between now and the next deadline befor predicting what they should do witu Eberle.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Yeah...if Tavares leaves I think Isles put Lee up on the block to land a top dman.

Lee + for top D 1, 2 or 3

We have enough scoring...we need to convert one of the scorers for a backend player.
Lee just isn’t worth that much. tell me a team that is moving their top pairing d man for Lee? (No one)

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
As tempting as these offers of "a 2nd round pick" or "want Strome back?" are, I'd rather just keep Eberle and try to resign him.
Come on just give Chia a mulligan on that one. You know you want Strome back :naughty:

Reactions: Aerrol

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Lee just isn’t worth that much. tell me a team that is moving their top pairing d man for Lee? (No one)

So what you're saying is that Eberle is worth more than Lee? I always thought Lee would have been since he's just scoring more and more every year.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Love how an Oiler fan started this Eberle thread I:D

1. Eberle,knowing Tavares may bolt, has expressed interest in a nyi extension.
2. Eberle's chemistry with 20 yr old Barzal is terrific. A vet who does not hesitate to call Barzal out for holding on too long to the puck.
3. Not sure if the isles reboot or full rebuild if JT leaves. I am guessing reboot because Barzal, quality 20 something yr olds and a very solid prospect pool are already in place.

Bottom line? Not convinced Tavares leaving means 20 something yr olds like Eberle,Leddy,Lee,Bailey get moved.
Why do you think I'm an oiler fan?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad