Value of: Jordan Eberle

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Jokes aside, are the Oilers even going to offer Strome a qualifying offer?

QO sure... a raise... not much. He was decent in the bottom-6 role to finish the season. Wasn't a fan at the start.

Eberle would not fit in our cap next season (with McDavid getting a fat raise) so I doubt we want him back. Oilers are looking for speed more than an Eberle type. Strangely, I'd prefer Maroon back over him and I own numerous Ebs Oilers gear.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Are you willing to re-sign a 29 year old and likely have to overpay him when what he does is pretty limited?

If he’s willing to take the same avg. per, yes, I want him back. Think he’s got plenty left in the tank, he brings sorely needed skill to our lineup.

If he’s content he may even take 5-6 mil.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
If he’s willing to take the same avg. per, yes, I want him back. Think he’s got plenty left in the tank, he brings sorely needed skill to our lineup.

If he’s content he may even take 5-6 mil.
Wouldn't you want to go in rebuild mode or atlas getting younger if you don't resign John t?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Are you willing to re-sign a 29 year old and likely have to overpay him when what he does is pretty limited?

If I had to guess, I would say Eberle is going to continue to be productive in his mid 30’s.

It will be interesting to see what NYI does with him, but I will tell you, there’s no current replacement within the organization for him. That fact alone has me thinking they will try to re-sign him.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Wouldn't you want to go in rebuild mode or atlas getting younger if you don't resign John t?

I don’t believe that is LL’s plan. He has stated that this isn’t an organization in need of a rebuild.

Even w a rebuild, you still need skill to support your youth. I’d rather have a predictable 25-30 goal scorer on Barz’s line than some 19 yr old out of Juniors.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
I don’t believe that is LL’s plan. He has stated that this isn’t an organization in need of a rebuild.

Even w a rebuild, you still need skill to support your youth. I’d rather have a predictable 25-30 goal scorer on Barz’s line than some 19 yr old out of Juniors.
Scored 30 or over once, 6 years ago. If Taveres goes and Barzal and Eberle are on the first line facing top competition both of there totals will fall.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Scored 30 or over once, 6 years ago. If Taveres goes and Barzal and Eberle are on the first line facing top competition both of there totals will fall.

Regardless, Barzal and Ebs have great chemistry. I’d prefer to have Ebs there than a fresh out of Juniors prospect. Also w an increase in ice time, they are too skilled not to produce.

Anyway, doubtful NYI goes rebuild.

Reactions: CREW99AW

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Regardless, Barzal and Ebs have great chemistry. I’d prefer to have Ebs there than a fresh out of Juniors prospect. Also w an increase in ice time, they are too skilled not to produce.

Anyway, doubtful NYI goes rebuild.
I agree no need to trade Eberle, zero reason to.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Jokes aside, are the Oilers even going to offer Strome a qualifying offer?
Strome finished the season strong once they gave him the 3C role. He took awhile to adjust and it didn't help that McClellan wouldn't give him time to develop chemistry with anyone while trying him on the wing. He'll be qualified.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Eberle is so crinimally underrated of hf boards i'ts amazing , Lets highlight Eberle's career so far Led the Oilers in scoring 3 times out of his 7 seasons , and as a rookie . Is 28th in total production since he joined the league right behind Bergeron at 27th Marchand at 26th Hall at 25th . He is the 5th best producing RW in the NHL Behind the likes of Perry Wheeler Kessel Kane . He is the only RW this decade to have 3 ppg centers which shows he is not a passenger . He also does not need the PP to prop up his production .

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Eberle is so crinimally underrated of hf boards i'ts amazing , Lets highlight Eberle's career so far Led the Oilers in scoring 3 times out of his 7 seasons , and as a rookie . Is 28th in total production since he joined the league right behind Bergeron at 27th Marchand at 26th Hall at 25th . He is the 5th best producing RW in the NHL Behind the likes of Perry Wheeler Kessel Kane . He is the only RW this decade to have 3 ppg centers which shows he is not a passenger . He also does not need the PP to prop up his production .
Amen, youre absolutely correct. its like nobody gets the Oilers have the BEST centers in hockey BY FAR and yet not even one forward scored 15 goals, imagine if they had normal centers, and not McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH, what would they have a top line forward scoring 10 goals or less?

its wasnt fair to Eberle, yes. but its also not fair to McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH either because all the damn pressure falls on them. I dont care how great they are, they cant do it alone (though lord knows they try )

just once if they went out and got a Laine or a Panarin or a Boeser, you know a real honest to god NHL quality actual forward to play with McDavid. h'd probably score 170 points. but management in edmonton is too busy looking for scapegoats for their falure to acquire what they actualy need

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

Agreed, from my sampling this year. He produces, has some sick hands, and is even willing to battle along the boards (which I did not expect).

He will thrive if he’s a complementary piece to a core.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If the Islanders can sign Kovalchuk, I might try work out a deal with NJ(reunite Eberle and Hall). Maybe in a bigger deal including Schneider

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Neutral fan thinking it's funny how many people just call him a "2nd liner" and leave it at that. In what world is 25 goals and 60 points not a 1st liner?

Isles made a great trade for him. They should just keep him with Barzal. Solid player.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Having 3 PPG centers, wouldn't that show he is more of a passanger and needs good centers to create plays?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Having 3 PPG centers, wouldn't that show he is more of a passanger and needs good centers to create plays?

Given that he hasn't played much with Tavares or McDavid who are the other 2 centers?

I will say the 60 non first unit PP points is actually a good argument

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad