Value of: Jordan Eberle

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
If the Islanders don't re-sign Tavares, it's hard to see them in the playoff mix next year, so they may as well trade Eberle because they'll get more value this offseason than at the trade deadline.

Who's interested in him? How much are you willing to pay?

Reactions: IODCPiper

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
A second-liner costing $6M per season.

I think you're getting caught up in 1st line/2nd line designations when Eberle's good enough to play on either the 1st or 2nd line in a team's top six.

And if Tavares walks, chances are Eberle plays on the 1st line since Barzal's line effectively takes over as that.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Well he's producing more than 50% of players on the first line. Do you call Malkin just a second liner?

Can't compare him with Malkin.

I think you're getting caught up in 1st line/2nd line designations when Eberle's good enough to play on either the 1st or 2nd line in a team's top six.

And if Tavares walks, chances are Eberle plays on the 1st line since Barzal's line effectively takes over as that.

Okay.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
I don’t see the Isles selling if Tavares leaves, at least right away. We’d probably role with Lee-Barzal-Eberle as our first line and sign/trade for a second line center (Stastny, O’Reilly) to play with Ladd and Bailey on the second line. Not the best top six, but I see the team at least trying to do a re-tooling at first. If it doesn’t work, then next trade deadline and off season will be a big sell off.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If the Islanders don't re-sign Tavares, it's hard to see them in the playoff mix next year, so they may as well trade Eberle because they'll get more value this offseason than at the trade deadline.

Who's interested in him? How much are you willing to pay?
Love how an Oiler fan started this Eberle thread I:D

1. Eberle,knowing Tavares may bolt, has expressed interest in a nyi extension.
2. Eberle's chemistry with 20 yr old Barzal is terrific. A vet who does not hesitate to call Barzal out for holding on too long to the puck.
3. Not sure if the isles reboot or full rebuild if JT leaves. I am guessing reboot because Barzal, quality 20 something yr olds and a very solid prospect pool are already in place.

Bottom line? Not convinced Tavares leaving means 20 something yr olds like Eberle,Leddy,Lee,Bailey get moved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zenon Konopka Jr

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Want Strome back?
Do not want Strome, do not want a 2nd rounder and do not want picks prospects.
If Tavares leaves, Barzal's development becomes an even larger issue for the franchise and Barzal's chemistry with Eberle is more important then some meh return.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Yeah...if Tavares leaves I think Isles put Lee up on the block to land a top dman.

Lee + for top D 1, 2 or 3

We have enough scoring...we need to convert one of the scorers for a backend player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad