Value of: Jordan Eberle

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I like Eberle and would love him on the Leafs, but how do we fit that? Plus we need D and as =unfortunate as Jake played in the third of game 7, he is better than many options we have
Eberle can play with Matthews and will the thrill can center his own line. We can also sign a free agent defender like de haan or cole to replace jake

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Eberle can play with Matthews and will the thrill can center his own line. We can also sign a free agent defender like de haan or cole to replace jake

I don't think either of those names will replace Jake, maybe De Haan but definitely not Cole

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I don't think either of those names will replace Jake, maybe De Haan but definitely not Cole
Ideally I'd want de haan to replace gardener and play with Dermott/zaitsev on the second pair as well as cole play bottom pair minutes with dermott/zaitsev

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ideally I'd want de haan to replace gardener and play with Dermott/zaitsev on the second pair as well as cole play bottom pair minutes with dermott/zaitsev

how much is Cole getting payed currently? Is that even feasible while adding the 7 million of Eberle?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
how much is Cole getting payed currently? Is that even feasible while adding the 7 million of Eberle?
Coles cap now is 2.1 and eberles cap is 6 million. This is all under the assumption that eberle will not be re signed

Last edited:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I'd expect a similar return as Nash got at the deadline for either Lee or Eberle if they were to be traded. mid to late 1st rounder and some "eh" pieces. I don't think either gets a top 4 defender with any kind of term.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
Love how an Oiler fan started this Eberle thread I:D

1. Eberle,knowing Tavares may bolt, has expressed interest in a nyi extension.
2. Eberle's chemistry with 20 yr old Barzal is terrific. A vet who does not hesitate to call Barzal out for holding on too long to the puck.
3. Not sure if the isles reboot or full rebuild if JT leaves. I am guessing reboot because Barzal, quality 20 something yr olds and a very solid prospect pool are already in place.

Bottom line? Not convinced Tavares leaving means 20 something yr olds like Eberle,Leddy,Lee,Bailey get moved.
Very solid prospect pool? Maybe after this draft but right now its a very shallow pool.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I don’t see the Isles selling if Tavares leaves, at least right away. We’d probably role with Lee-Barzal-Eberle as our first line and sign/trade for a second line center (Stastny, O’Reilly) to play with Ladd and Bailey on the second line. Not the best top six, but I see the team at least trying to do a re-tooling at first. If it doesn’t work, then next trade deadline and off season will be a big sell off.
Ladd belongs in Bridgeport-4th liner at best.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What do you want from Calgary? Always been a fan in the Edmonton days
I think our best bet would be giving up Adam Fox. We should get a conditional 3rd if Fox signs with them. I think Fox grew up an Isles fan, or was born around New York .

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Really? 40th in the league in even strength points. Not saying his contract is a steal but eberle is a great 2nd line player. No interest in trading him away
Eberle's value won't be any more than it was a year ago. Good top six complimentary player who is being paid top line game changer money, but can't produce on his own at all and really is dependent on the guys he plays with. I'd think the return will be dependent on a few things - if the Isles eat some salary then I think he would have more interest. If not, you're looking at a deal for a guy who needs a shake up. Just like last year. I'd take him back on the Oilers at a $4.5 million hit instead of 6.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Well he's producing more than 50% of players on the first line. Do you call Malkin just a second liner?

He has 1st line production. He needs to feed off of someone though. He has that for sure with the Islanders in Barzal, so nobody should be interested in Eberle moving at this point.

Had 59 points getting second PP time. Could out produce many first line wingers in the league. He’s not getting less than 5 mil in his next contract
He'll likely get the same contract he has now. Which means that with inflation, he has been overpaid.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Eberle's value won't be any more than it was a year ago. Good top six complimentary player who is being paid top line game changer money, but can't produce on his own at all and really is dependent on the guys he plays with. I'd think the return will be dependent on a few things - if the Isles eat some salary then I think he would have more interest. If not, you're looking at a deal for a guy who needs a shake up. Just like last year. I'd take him back on the Oilers at a $4.5 million hit instead of 6.

I'd say it is due to perception.

Last year, Eberle's time with the Oilers seemed over. Edmonton needed to clear cap space, and Eberle was the chosen sacrificial lamb, especially after his poor performance in the Oilers playoff run.

This year, Eberle rode shotgun to the hottest player in the league. Fans (even guys who spent the past few years trashing Eberle and his game) have embraced him to the team, the role he plays, and where he fits as an Islander.

I think Eberle could absolutely get a better return this offseason, considering the positive year he had, first year away from Edmonton.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I'd say it is due to perception.

Last year, Eberle's time with the Oilers seemed over. Edmonton needed to clear cap space, and Eberle was the chosen sacrificial lamb, especially after his poor performance in the Oilers playoff run.

This year, Eberle rode shotgun to the hottest player in the league. Fans (even guys who spent the past few years trashing Eberle and his game) have embraced him to the team, the role he plays, and where he fits as an Islander.

I think Eberle could absolutely get a better return this offseason, considering the positive year he had, first year away from Edmonton.
Mostly agree with what you said.

However, the Oilers could've kept Eberle last year let him bounce back and flip him this summer. However, him knowing he was "a dead man walking" with the Oilers..he quietly requested a trade. It was also reported the he and McLellan didn't see eye to eye...didn't hate eachother...but some players aren't meant to be in certain systems...Eberle didn't fit McLellan's system from the start.

Chiarelli just **** the bed on the return for him.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Enjoy him in the playoffs if Islanders make it again with him there. He played the softest,scared game in the playoffs I have ever seen. Skate into the zone dump it in an button hook away. I never want to see him in a Oilers jersey ever again.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Unless he's getting flipped in a deal for a top four defenseman, they'd be silly to move him. He's not likely to see much of a raise beyond his current salary--nothing beyond the Kane deal.

But reading this thread, good lord you don't want Tavares walking. Barzal-Eberle vs the other teams' top defensive units? Get ready for an offensively challenged hockey team that still bleeds goals against at an alarming rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: travis scott

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
This is a great description of Eberle.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
If the Isles get a Nash like offer Id trade him however waiting until the last year of his contract at the deadline is wiser.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
I think our best bet would be giving up Adam Fox. We should get a conditional 3rd if Fox signs with them. I think Fox grew up an Isles fan, or was born around New York .

I wouldn't be too upset giving up Fox. Is there anything out there that has hinted that he doesn't want to sign? Or is he finishing school first and then wanting to sign? I thought I read somewhere that he really doesn't want to play in Calgary.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I wouldn't be too upset giving up Fox. Is there anything out there that has hinted that he doesn't want to sign? Or is he finishing school first and then wanting to sign? I thought I read somewhere that he really doesn't want to play in Calgary.

I haven't heard of him not wanting to signing with us, but him going to Harvard for his last year could be a possible sign of him not wanting to sign with us. But then again, it's Harvard. No one is going to stop going to school at a school like that when they only have a year left to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad