Injury Report: Jonas Brodin (Broken Cheekbone, Skating)

Status
Not open for further replies.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I said last year Brodin should be getting more pp time on the 1st unit and i'll say it again. His passing is crips, tape to tape and his vision for the ice is beyond suters. As soon as this kid grows his pair and starts taking over and not defering he'll take another step which seems crazy because he's already so damn good.

For the 1st unit get parise, pom, koivu, Brodin and Suter and see some magic.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I got a little scared last game when he got steamrolled. The kid still needs to put on more muscle.

mkoivu9*

Apparently the Ducks think they have the next Bacon. These types don't come around every year.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Muck Posted this over on the main boards.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/228560091.html

Thursday night in Tampa though, Scotty Bowman, one person who knows Lidstrom better than most, used Brodin and Lidstrom in the same breath multiple times. Bowman, the Hockey Hall of Famer who won an NHL-record 1,244 regular-season games, 223 playoff games and nine Stanley Cups, coached Lidstrom for nine of his 20 years in Detroit.

“He doesn’t have a gap,” Scotty Bowman said. “He’s such a good skater, if you notice he’s always up. He doesn’t back up at all and that’s the way the good ones are. Like Lidstrom, there’s no room.”

“Brodin is so young and will only get better. He’s going to get stronger. Lidstrom wasn’t that strong when he first started. Lidstrom was never a big, strong guy, but he built up to be stronger.

“What I love about Brodin is he passes the puck so well. If you chart the game, most passes are on the stick, not in the feet or behind. [Suter and Brodin] is a nice tandem. Now [the Wild] just need to get another tandem. But it takes time.”

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Lindholm is a fine young dman, he's got 2 assits in 6 games and is a +9, i need to watch him some but he's a fantastic young dman.

I wanted him in the draft and was sad when he was gone. **** the ducks

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
There has always been talking about his need to bulk up..

Well he is now 88kg.. Thats just 3 kg lighter than Suter.. He is getting there.. Very soon..

And i think it crazy to think about the fact that since he got over from Sweden he has gained 15 kg.. :handclap:

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
No worries bro. If the mountain won't come to Muhammad then Muhammad must go to the mountain..

http://www.migrationsverket.se/info/277_en.html

I'm still holding hope on luring him to apply for Finnish citizenship. Girmundur and Koivu are doing the undercover work behind the scenes as agreed by Finnish hockey federation. He's Bacon, after all. I'm sure we can tempt him with some real Christmas ham, sausage that is not sweet, and karjalanpiirakka. What do they have in Sweden anyway? Meatballs and... surströmming? *shudder*

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Sweden:
Surströmming
Meatballs
Jansson's Temptation
Mellanöl

Finland:
Liver casserole
Black sausage
Timo Jutila (as a mentor)
Koskenkorva

Yeah, I think we've got a chance there..

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Sweden:
Surströmming
Meatballs
Jansson's Temptation
Mellanöl

Finland:
Liver casserole
Black sausage
Koskenkorva

Nope. He's becoming American, if anything.

Why, you ask?

Crispy_bacon_1-1-.jpg

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Sweden:
Surströmming
Meatballs
Jansson's Temptation
Mellanöl

Finland:
Liver casserole
Black sausage
Koskenkorva

Surströmming < Liver casserole
Meatballs = Black sausage
Jansson's Temptation < Mentor Timo Jutila
Mellanöl <<< Koskenkorva

Finland wins 3-0. Yeah, we have a chance.

Nope. He's becoming American, if anything.

Why, you ask?

Crispy_bacon_1-1-.jpg

That stings man, that stings. That's a heavy blow.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
that always happens...someone teases, then it's gone before i can roll my eyes. :(

we're bordering on annoying with our Brodin tire pumping lately btw...inserting him into poll discussions between two different players isn't the way to go.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Played 1:01 against Preds.. Serious injury?

Puck hard to the face. Did not return. Someone at the game said it looked like they had to pick some teeth up off the ice. Went to the hospital and was discharged. Nothing has been released.

We are praying like hell it's just something with his jaw or teeth and that he'll have to wear a full cage for a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad