Injury Report: Jonas Brodin (Broken Cheekbone, Skating)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
didn't he take a puck to the nose or something over in Sweden? thought he got his face damaged over there the year after his draft.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
didn't he take a puck to the nose or something over in Sweden? thought he got his face damaged over there the year after his draft.

brodin_skadad.jpg

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
"Here you can see two sofa pillows in their natural habitat. Magnificent creatures! Let's try to get a little closer so you can get a better look."

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
Latest from his doctor...

Brodin won't play.
He broke his face.
He has to stay
In that press box place.

But don't you worry
Try to be mellow.
I'll fix the face
of this Swedish fellow

You'll see Brodin and my bill
In a week or three
If we lived in Sweden,
this would all be free.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Charlie Coyle practiced again today. He's also not going on trip, nor is Josh Harding or Jonas Brodin #mnwild

So no Brodin in Chicago tomorrow(Saturday) night. That blows. I wonder if he'll be able to play at all next week against Chicago again(Monday), Montreal(Friday), or New Jersey(Sunday).
EDIT:
Brodin doubtful for Monday's game vs Chicago too. Yeo says its a long season, not pushing him back into lineup #mnwild

Nevermind on Monday. I'm thinking that Friday is going to be a good bet.

Last edited:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I bet playing with a shield will affect his play. It's going to be interesting to see how he handles that.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
He played with a cage in the SEL and WJC I doubt it affects him at all.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Shield/cage isn't going to make a difference for anyone.

If this is the case why arent everyone playing with it?

More protection and doesnt make your vision worse..?

Think your wrong mate.. It isnt much, but its a difference for sure..

That is why we have N/C Cat-Eye, and visors..

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Because fans want to see the player's faces.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Brodin, we need you.

Hell, I need you.

I'm a mess without you.

When this all gets sorted out, I think me and you should get an apartment together!

Jarick

Doing Nothing

Full cages and shields aren't allowed in the NHL for safety reasons, although once they get rid of fighting, they'll probably allow and mandate it eventually, probably in about 15 years or so.

It's really dumb to play with anything other then a full cage/shield IMO. This is a sport with hard rubber pucks moving 100 miles an hour.

Brodin was an elite prospect when he was wearing a cage at 17 and he'll be an elite defenseman wearing a fishbowl when he returns. If you're good, you'll be good wearing a mask.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

They play with cages their entire careers until the pros. He'll be fine.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Full cages and shields aren't allowed in the NHL for safety reasons, although once they get rid of fighting, they'll probably allow and mandate it eventually, probably in about 15 years or so.

It's really dumb to play with anything other then a full cage/shield IMO. This is a sport with hard rubber pucks moving 100 miles an hour.

Brodin was an elite prospect when he was wearing a cage at 17 and he'll be an elite defenseman wearing a fishbowl when he returns. If you're good, you'll be good wearing a mask.

I agree on the 15 year time frame. That's about as quick a timespan as it will take before anyone makes real progress on stuff like concussions and other head injuries.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Brodin could come back wearing a cage.

Rule 9.6:

9.6 Dangerous Equipment - The use of pads or protectors made of metal, or of any other material likely to cause injury to a player, is prohibited. Referees have the authority to prohibit any equipment they feel may cause injury to any participants in the game. Failure to comply to the Referees’ instructions shall result in the assessment of a minor penalty for delay of game.

A mask or protector of a design approved by the League may be worn by a player who has sustained a facial injury.

In the first instance, the injured player shall be entitled to wear any protective device prescribed by the Club doctor. If any opposing Club objects to the device, it may record its objection with the Commissioner.

In cases where a stick may have been modified and it is evident that the edges have not been beveled, the Referee shall deem the stick to be dangerous equipment and removed from the game until the edges can be beveled sufficiently. No penalty is to assessed initially unless the player returns to the ice with the unmodified stick, for which he will be assessed a minor penalty for delay of game.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i know i've seen other guys with cages on in the NHL.

stamkos-nose.jpg

stamkos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad