Injury Report: Jonas Brodin (Broken Cheekbone, Skating)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Very relieved actually. Had it just been a couple broken teeth and nothing else I bet we would've seen him back on the ice so a broken cheek bone makes sense.

WildFinn*

devestated.gif

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Okay I'm confused now. I came into this thread about ready to cry when I saw "Out Indefinitely", but I see proof he's wearing a cage and people saying he'll be fine.

What's really going on?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
they're waiting for the swelling to go down. maybe he can't even see out of his one eye?

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Man, this sucks. Hopefully he comes back quick. I don't know much about this type of injury or how long it will be, will this get GMCF to make a trade for a Top-4 d-man?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Man, this sucks. Hopefully he comes back quick. I don't know much about this type of injury or how long it will be, will this get GMCF to make a trade for a Top-4 d-man?

I hope not. Those aren't his best suit.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Lots of speculation on Kulikov in FLA, think we could take a run at him? Young enough and would be a solid addition for years to come. Zucker+ for Kulikov?

THEALLKNOWING*

No reason to do anything drastic considering Prosser can fit right in. Would allow for Dumba not to be thrown to the wolves, just get some measured time with the big club. Remember the Wild have been carrying 8 defenseman.

The Wild need a solid #3 defenseman if they go that route. Unless Zucker all of a sudden decides to commit himself like Granlund, send him packing. Toss in Phillips and see if anyone bites. It takes years for the NHL to give up on former first round draft picks, so he may have value.

WildFinn*

No reason to do anything drastic considering Prosser can fit right in. Would allow for Dumba not to be thrown to the wolves, just get some measured time with the big club. Remember the Wild have been carrying 8 defenseman.

The Wild need a solid #3 defenseman if they go that route. Unless Zucker all of a sudden decides to commit himself like Granlund, send him packing. Toss in Phillips and see if anyone bites. It takes years for the NHL to give up on former first round draft picks, so he may have value.

Not Phillips!

albundy_shock.gif

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
look, i've been critical of Zucker from the beginning but let's not rush to send him packing. This is the same sort of stuff people were saying about Granny last year. Zucks just needs a little time to study the defensive side of the Wild system and he'll be fine.

We don't need an extra defenseman enough to shed depth with the way the team is playing anyway. Another strong defenseman would be great, yeah--you can always use an upgrade--but not worth the cost IMO as this team is being built for the long haul, not for this year.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Trading Zucker or Phillips doesn't clear up any cap space so the Wild would still only have approximately 1.5 million to work with.What top 4 dman are you going to get for that?

WildFinn*

We can start moving people when we know who projects to what.

But looking at how most are working out as planned we really have chips to play with very soon. :D

purexed

Sep 1, 2013
Minnesota
well, if he had to be injured I would rather have it be this than a torn ACL. We've had enough of those in minnesota recently.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
As with any injury, I just hope it doesn't change him. Make him gun-shy or something.

I'm confident he'll come back fine.

Remember last year he got blown up in the corner by Taylor Hall down in Houston. His first game back was against Detroit, and he didn't show any form of shyness in the corner. he's been a stud ever since.

He might miss a couple weeks, but I'm guessing he won't show any rust even when he comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad