Injury Report: Jonas Brodin (Broken Cheekbone, Skating)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

I think it's about time to ditch my Backtrom jersey and get a Brodin jersey. Gonna feel weird going against my Finn heritage and going with a Swede but I think I'll live.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Only thing I can see him getting better at is shot placement. Once he starts walking more guys at the blue line (especially with his stride/separation), he will shoot more accurately. Otherwise, I just enjoy watching him skate, pass, pinch to keep puck in, breakup passing/shooting lanes, etc.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I think it's about time to ditch my Backtrom jersey and get a Brodin jersey. Gonna feel weird going against my Finn heritage and going with a Swede but I think I'll live.

You shouldn't feel bad about it. I almost changed my citizenship last year :sarcasm:

He is Prince of poke checking and Symbol (the hockey player formerly known as Brodin) of skating.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Pierre want's to adopt Bacon as his own son lol, and yea hes picked up right where he left off, but with more offensive flair.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Just thought I'd check in on the little guy now that we are a couple of games in, I realize it is still very early but how has he looked so far?

2nd in scoring on the Wild.
6th in scoring overall in the NHL amongst defensemen.
On pace for 27 G 41 A (!!!) (I know it is too still to early for a pace prediction though)

10th in TOI/G amongst defensemen (up 2 min/game from last year).

On the records it looks like he is doing his fair share but I have not seen any games yet so I thought I'd ask you guys.

He looks like a future multi-year Norris winner. He plays intelligently and is so cool and calm about it. Every time he has jumped up into the play this year good things have happened. It's like he turned his offense on/off switch to on over the offseason. I'd go so far as to say we have a 1a/1b top pairing, and I think in a year or two Brodin is going to be the outright #1 bringing extremely respectable scoring as well as elite defense.

That top pairing of Suter and Brodin is going to be a fixture of this franchise for a very long time.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Pierre want's to adopt Bacon as his own son lol, and yea hes picked up right where he left off, but with more offensive flair.

Love listening to Pierre. I know alot of people don't like him but love his love-fest rants, especially when one of them happens to be Bacon :D

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He was drooling all over the Wild last night. His comments about Brodin were phenomenal though :laugh:

"Doc, I'll tell you this...even with the depth of the Swedish Defense, I guarantee this kid is going to Sochi! We have a better chance of not being there for the Olympics than this kid!" :laugh:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Thanks for the feedback.

I wasn't really worried about him but seeing as the Brodin thread hadn't been bumped so far I thought he might not have impressed as much this season as the last one (which I guess is true in a way since expectations should have been higher after his performance during last season).

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
Can't get enough of seeing this kid playing. And there's obviously a lot of offensive potential there, as has been shown in this season. If I ever get a Wild jersey it has got to be Brodin, screw the fact that he's Swedish.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
He looks like a future multi-year should have been a Norris winner. He plays intelligently and is so cool and calm about it. Every time he has jumped up into the play this year good things have happened. It's like he turned his offense on/off switch to on over the offseason. I'd go so far as to say we have a 1a/1b top pairing, and I think in a year or two Brodin is going to be the outright #1 bringing extremely respectable scoring as well as elite defense.

That top pairing of Suter and Brodin is going to be a fixture of this franchise for a very long time.

Ftfy, gotta count in the leastern conference bias.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Ftfy, gotta count in the leastern conference bias.

Well of course, but I think Brodin is just going to be so good that he's going to overcome that.

Plus the voting electorate is probably going to even out sometime. The reason he was snubbed for calder last year is because of how many people who can currently vote who have no business voting because they concentrate only on their team for the most part.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Thanks for the feedback.

I wasn't really worried about him but seeing as the Brodin thread hadn't been bumped so far I thought he might not have impressed as much this season as the last one (which I guess is true in a way since expectations should have been higher after his performance during last season).
No, he's still impressing every bit as much as last season, because now he seems to have added offense without losing that spectacular defense.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
So Brodin scores again and no one bumps? Love the way the kid is playing he is taking pretty food strides again this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad